The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:52 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
[Q] Any Vita Owners? 

King Kyuubit wrote:
drwill439 wrote:
Yes, I get it. I'm not saying for you to f#%$& off, but I'm saying you gave liittle reason to attack me other than the fact that there aren't many games on the console.

Imagine this:

You have a video game console. It is a device that is made for playing video games. Sure, it may have some extra features, but above all else, it is made for playing video games.

However, the device has close to zero worthwhile games to be played on it! Even the ones that are worth playing are just remakes/ports of games you could play on other consoles! Other consoles that have lots of other games worth playing on them! How terrible!

So, then. Tell me.

What is the point of owning this device? Why did you waste your money on it? Why do you have a problem with you being mocked for buying a video game console with no video games?

It feels like a better choice to me because it has more utility to me. This is actually my first handheld console, and it felt like a better chioce to purchase first. If i had bought a 3DS first and didnt like it, I'd be stuck with a handheld game system i didnt like, while the Vita has plenty of non gaming features to hold me over until I get a 3DS if i hadn't liked the games.
TL;DR The Vita does more for me, so I bought it before a 3DS.

Last edited by drwill439 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:22 pm

drwill439 wrote:
If i had bought a 3DS first and didnt like it, I'd be stuck with a handheld game system i didnt like.

But you bought a Vita instead, and now you're stuck with a handheld game system with no games.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:24 pm

King Kyuubit wrote:
drwill439 wrote:
If i had bought a 3DS first and didnt like it, I'd be stuck with a handheld game system i didnt like.

But you bought a Vita instead, and now you're stuck with a handheld game system with no games.

I edited my post to better explain myself.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:26 pm

You bought a gaming console for the non gaming features.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Lucina wrote:
You bought a gaming console for the non gaming features.

Not necessarily. It was a decision made just in case i didnt like the games that were out at the time of my purchase. It was so that if i didnt like the console, I wouldnt be completely SOL and i wouldnt have to return it in case a killer app came out.I do still fully intend on getting a 3DS, but I have to wait until my finances are straight.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:33 pm

So, you bought a console.

Without knowing if you actually liked the games it had out at the time or not.

Forget it, you're not retarded for buying a Vita. You're just retarded in general.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:35 pm

drwill439 wrote:
This is all a matter of opinion. I didn't see a lot of games I liked on 3DS, so I went for the Vita.

Dude you're talking to a bunch of nintendo fanboys just stop.

Vita seems ok but I don't care for handhelds so. 3DS doesn't have games and it never will end.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Alright... We get it..

Yes, the playstation Vita library lacks some Original content and it's entirely cramped up with ports/remakes... That doesn't mean it does not have games. I did have some interest in the Playstation Vita way back at it's announcement.

It's just something that, if you are a Playstation 3 owner, wouldn't interest you because everything you play on the Vita is exactly what you find on the Playstation 3 or any of the previous Playstation consoles. Drwill439 found interest more in it's specs/features rather than it's games... This is why he chose the Vita (at least, that's what i'm reading from all this).

Still: features aren't everything. The point of a console/handheld is to play games on it. I think the vita was your bad choice not because of it's lackluster library but mostly because you solely focused on the features of the handhelds rather than the games... The main reason it interest players into buying these handhelds.

One last tip: Don't buy Declassified back. It's a terrible port of Call of Duty. I recommend spending that 40 bucks on something else, if you ask me.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Waifu: You!
No, this isn't going any longer.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:49 pm
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3