The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:34 pm

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Murder Mystery, Part Deux 

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
Case EI6
November 23
1995 AD

Fourteen passengers had departed the station that day on the "Sunlander" passenger train.

The station was in a quaint little town out in the "middle of nowhere". It had never been a busy area, and the populace that had actually settled in there was close to nothing. Most were travelers, going about their ways. It was on this very train that an unexpected crime had taken place. The dreadful murder of two of the passengers.

There were fourteen of them on the train. From what we have gathered, there were six detectives aboard that locomotive at midday. There was a conductor, an engineer, a scientist, a occult obsessive, an adolescent boy, a major league athlete, a novelist, and a janitor. Of this motley crew, only twelve left with their lives. The conductor and the engineer had been brutally murdered in two places nearly simultaneously. The train quickly derailed, and now the group is stuck in the middle of a blizzard. The power is out.

In this government-created simulation, you will take on the roles of the six detectives on board. This is your final exam, trainees. You will experience this case first hand, and solve it or fail to do so of your own accord. The simulation will start minutes before the killings. You may choose to introduce yourself to the others. While you are in the simulation, things will be very realistic, and you will not be allowed out. Do not treat this as a game.

As it stands, none of the detectives were guilty of the crime. You will all work separately, or you may band together. At the end of each day, you will hold a detective meeting where you can share or hide anything that you have found in that day. Some of you may have played a simulation similar to this. This is run on the same system, with a few adjustments. You will play out your actions, and you will receive a message from me detailing the results.

After each user posts thrice, a day will have past, and the council meeting will begin. After that is adjourned, the next day will begin.

This will fill your PM box

If none of the detectives performed the deed, then surely one of the others had done it. You will need to find out who committed the deeds, the means with that they committed them, and the motive.

Dio Miones

Known info: Dio was a quiet man, and quite short at 5'7". He talked to people very sparsely, and the only people he actually considered his friends were the people, excluding the detectives, on the train that day. Alex Ogunyemi was his closest friend, as they worked on the train together. Dio was the first victim of the murder. He was in the head car, and was found with multiple seemingly gun wounds. Before his death, he had always been the conductor of this train, being born into the profession by his father, the previous conductor. Having done this for a lifetime, he had warmed up to the frequent passengers, who had all been aboard that day.

Alex Ogunyemi
Known info: Alex stood tall, at 6' 7". The man was loud and talkative. He was always shouting from the engine room at the passengers, trying to make conversation. The man had always been a friendly guy, and when he was around Dio, the two made a strange pair. Because Dio was so quiet, Alex felt the need to balance things out by being even more obnoxious than usual. Did not know any of the passengers that well, as he almost never left the engine room, and when he did so, went straight to the head car to speak with the conductor.

Daniel Richardson
Known info: A tall, skinny, young lad of fair complexion who had just entered his career, Daniel was an upcoming scientist. He worked in a department of engines in a town about twenty miles west of the small town where the locomotive originated. A very frequent rider, as he was studying ways to improve the engine used in the train. Often was found in the caboose, but it appeared that Alex and he never socialized, as they never offered more then a "hello" to each other. Has extremely good hearing, and is adept at the knowledge of physics.

Laura Edguir
Known info: Laura was your stereotypical "Cat Lady". She was extremely overweight, short, and fostered a home of young kittens. There is an aspect of her personality that shone just as bright, however. She was very superstitious, and quite obsessed with anything out of the ordinary. A self-proclaimed occult expert, she came upon the train nearly everyday because she heard a rumor that the locomotive was haunted. It hadn't appeared in the first couple weeks, but she had never lost hope. It fit into her routine eventually, and she boarded the train every day, from the day she heard the rumor onwards.

Joseph Kristopher
Known info: Joseph was tall, strong, and homely. Most of all, Joe was a bully. Constantly picking on the freshmen and sophomores, he was often in a great amount of trouble. He didn't care. Joe was tough. Everyday, he donned his black leather jacket, got on the train, and went to school. His grades were dreadful, but Joe didn't care. Joe was tough. The boy was not very talkative, and he will likely refuse to talk to you if you attempt to chat.

Iggy Rentier
Known info: Iggy was very tall, and was pretty strong. He was the starting pitcher for a major league baseball team. He was extremely good, and had acquired a rather large fan base. His home was in the small town, however, so every day he had to take the train to the bigger cities. Thus, he was another frequent rider, and he had good relations with everyone else. He was a narcissist inside, but tried to hide it. An overall friendly guy.

Catherine Dyenvil
Known info: A very intelligent and elegant lady. She was never seen without her book, and was rather famous. Her single novel was of the medieval adventure genre, and met huge success in the markets. She found the train ride relaxing, and she could always focus more sharply there then anywhere else, even with the engineer's calls. She hasn't aged well, and she prefers not to move too much, as she gets pains in her lower back.

David Jokedson
Known info: The janitor of the train, he was part of the main staff, and often was seen with Alex and Dio. Got along well with the passengers, even though he was often picking up after their messes, whether it be discarded candy wrappers, lunch, etc. He had held this job for a good 15 years, and did it well. Was actually in rather good physical shape, as he was determined not to feel his age as he got older.

It's a work in progress. I still have a lot to do, but what do you think so far?

Last edited by Kerim on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:50 am

Location: Those who walk the path of the gun shall forever be loneley
..uuh the butler did it

ImageImage

Wow never expected this to happen.

Link! Help me level up.
Link! Help me level up.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:04 am

Forgot Novelist and Janitor.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:47 am

WereBob wrote:
Forgot Novelist and Janitor.

I know, I'll do it now soon.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:17 pm

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
I'd probably join..
Here's hoping this one doesn't die..

Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:08 pm

Mad-Eye Moody wrote:
I'd probably join..
Here's hoping this one doesn't die..

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:09 pm

Updated with the last two profiles, and a small change to the engine.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:41 pm

Very good idea. I will most likely join.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:48 pm

Location: Those who walk the path of the gun shall forever be loneley
The Janitor did it...

ImageImage

Wow never expected this to happen.

Link! Help me level up.
Link! Help me level up.

Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:17 am

Novelist killed Engineer, his talkativeness made it hard to write. And a book called "If I Did It" would sell millions.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:09 am

WereBob wrote:
Novelist killed Engineer, his talkativeness made it hard to write. And a book called "If I Did It" would sell millions.

No.

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:11 am

Any idea when you will get this thing off the ground?

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:54 pm

Zesper wrote:

Oh, when it's done. Probably in a couple days.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:01 pm

Kerim wrote:
Zesper wrote:

No. Way.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:50 pm

WereBob wrote:
Kerim wrote:
Zesper wrote:

No. Way.

I know, radical idea, huh?

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:00 pm
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next