The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:15 pm

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Flaws In anime thread 

Currently Playing: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Dragon Ball Z: Raging Blast 2.
This conversation is now more about your subjective thoughts on Gundam then on basing it from objective thought, and I see no point in continuing that type of conversation.

When Tomo made both Zeta and Turn A he wanted both Kamille and Laura to be female, but they wouldn’t let him. So what Tomo did was insignificantly change the script, make Laura the alter-ego of Loran instead of the other way around, and make it a joke that Kamille is female like instead of an actual female. Kamille is at the but of many jokes being called female-like and it is such an established fact that this is parodied in games like Dynasty Warriors Gundam. A more accurate saying would be that Kamille and Loran are more female than male rather than being homosexual[though Loran almost asks you on a date if you are a Male character on a friendship mission with Loran in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 as a random occurrence].

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Everything is subjective.

You can't say that it is complete fact that Wing is the best, because someone obviously would have a different opinion.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:12 pm

every topic zenetos touches becomes srs pigeon~

Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Everything is subjective but is founded and based on objective facts on its based. When the argument is based on purely subjective facts and objective facts are to far-flung then the argument is pointless. You hate said Gundam series because you hate character development and Gundam designs in others, which is an impressions the majority of people don’t have. When I counter with that fact and an appeal to authority[a accurate one] at the person mostly responsible for Gundam[Tomo], you refuse to acknowledge it. Ignoring that along with objective or pseudo objective-subjective with pure subjective reasons that are not large held is too subjective. In the frame of you going on this at your level of subjectivity I cannot convince you because you are to whimsical[Whimzer being Whimisical, I wonder if you meant for your name to be that way] about this subject. As well I don’t think I want to change your opinion if it is founded in such a way.

Also I do not say Wing is the best; I said it is better with character development and plot than Victory Gundam. One of the Gundam seires I would think is the best would be the best would one like Gundam 0083.

@Sayo: I am a Cyborg, it is in my programming.
Seriously though are few serious topics on this website as it is, so why not have more topics that are serious?

Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Zenetos wrote:
Everything is subjective but is founded and based on objective facts on its based. When the argument is based on purely subjective facts and objective facts are to far-flung then the argument is pointless. You hate said Gundam series because you hate character development and Gundam designs in others, which is an impressions the majority of people don’t have. When I counter with that fact and an appeal to authority[a accurate one] at the person mostly responsible for Gundam[Tomo], you refuse to acknowledge it. Ignoring that along with objective or pseudo objective-subjective with pure subjective reasons that are not large held is too subjective. In the frame of you going on this at your level of subjectivity I cannot convince you because you are to whimsical[Whimzer being Whimisical, I wonder if you meant for your name to be that way] about this subject. As well I don’t think I want to change your opinion if it is founded in such a way.

The creator's opinion is not fact; thus, it is subjective.
No matter what the creator thinks, it's still their opinion, and just because they thought it was terrible does not mean that it actually is terrible, but instead that they think it's terrible. Another person could say that they think Victory is a good series, and that would be their opinion.
In addition, I have the right to say I do not like the character development and the designs, because those two factors are the reasons I enjoy mecha. Because I come from a largely Super Robot based background, I know good development when I see it, as many Super Robot shows I love to death have terrible development (Which I enjoy for pure nostalgia reasons. If I watched them for the first time in the present, I would stop watching immediately).

Everything is subjective.

Zenetos wrote:
Also I do not say Wing is the best; I said it is better with character development and plot than Victory Gundam.

Zenetos wrote:
With that generalization you vindicate the plot of Victory Gundam and alienate the plot of Gundam Wing... Gundam Wing is at the other end of the spectrum as one of the best Gundam series.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:55 pm

@Cooby: G Gundam properly the only Gundam series that most people would say the plot for it was literally “Giant Robots beating each other up for ill-defined reasons”.

@Whim: I acknowledged both your and my argument and virtually every argument is subjective. By the point I admit that I am being subjective as well to some level. The main problem I have is that you are being too subjective for me to be able and willing to convince you of my points. The points are that all UC being better than all non-UC is a broad generalization and that a single piece of proof is how bad Victory Gundam is considered generally and how Gundam Wing is popularly more popular. One good example is how flawed character development is in Victory Gundam: Katejina’s sudden jump to being evil, Uso’s goals, all the harem jokes and fan-service put into important scenes of character development[example: all the “serious” talks Uso has with people such as members of Strike team and Marbet( I think she is the African women but I could be wrong)].

I said “one of the best” with the idea of half being the worst and half being the best. Basically with Gundam series I put a fine line that makes it good or bad[or in cases such as 0083, exceptional]. Bad series would be ones like SEED, SEED Destiny, Victory Gundam, and maybe G Gundam. I try to not acknowledge of generalizing judgment and be more specific at times, but apparently I was lacking that fortitude in that prior post.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:30 pm

People have said that is the plot for most Gundam series, they have some truth in those statements. Note this is a flaw in anime so we are actually back on topic.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Location: Outside your bedroom widow looking at you at night.
Currently Playing: Bayonetta 2, Fire emblem Fates, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Myth 2, Risk of Rain, SSF2, SSB4, Starcraft 2, Transister, Xenoblade Chronicles.
When duded in English Naruto sounds like an old woman.

Getting my avatar to fit sucked.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:27 pm

MGN Username: Shaske
Currently Playing: smesh tri dee essu
Actually it's an old women that dub naruto

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:41 am
 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5