The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:33 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
Edge of Tomorrow 

hey everyone :D

has anyone seen this film? i have, and i am kinda disapointed. at least in my opinion, the core idea is simply... a videogame. yes - a videogame. the way the story moves forward, is like a videogame... the protagonist starts out completely pathetic, yet as he dies and respawns (for a completely dumb reason) he memorizes everything, and improves, much like we would do, if we played Super mario for the first time.or rather - any game, for that matter.

still, reviews say the film is outstanding and everything... the film is receiving tons of praise... maybe i am overlooking something?

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:53 am

Wait...what didn't you like about it?

Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Tom Cruise sucks

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 am

MGN Username: C_Mill24
Currently Playing: Shovelware
Waifu: Laura Bailey
I enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow. It was fun to watch with good comedic moments and pretty nice action too.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:52 am

Location: Outside your bedroom widow looking at you at night.
Currently Playing: Bayonetta 2, Fire emblem Fates, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Myth 2, Risk of Rain, SSF2, SSB4, Starcraft 2, Transister, Xenoblade Chronicles.
WAR-THERAPY wrote:
hey everyone :D

has anyone seen this film? i have, and i am kinda disapointed. at least in my opinion, the core idea is simply... a videogame. yes - a videogame. the way the story moves forward, is like a videogame... the protagonist starts out completely pathetic, yet as he dies and respawns (for a completely dumb reason) he memorizes everything, and improves, much like we would do, if we played Super mario for the first time.or rather - any game, for that matter.

still, reviews say the film is outstanding and everything... the film is receiving tons of praise... maybe i am overlooking something?

I liked the movie a lot. Had the Groundhog Day feel, but with tons of action. If you didn't like the movie I would suggest reading the book it is based on titled "All you need is Kill." I think it packs much more of an emotional punch, while the movie is a lot more lighthearted. I definitely see where you are coming from with the video game critique, doesn't have a lot of stakes when you can just respawn. Anyway, I recommend giving the book a shot since you didn't like the movie.

Getting my avatar to fit sucked.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:55 am
 [ 5 posts ]