The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:15 pm

[ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
SSF2 Beta Nitpick Theater 
BR Member

Guys, please. This has gone on for far too long.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:39 pm

After locking an online room client-side, any new join requests should be automatically rejected by the client.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:02 pm

They should actually spend time on their palette swaps. they just seem like colored tints. A good example is sora's his red team swap can easily be his original outfit from chain of memories but it's just a lazy red tint instead.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:16 pm
BR Member

Mitzu wrote:
They should actually spend time on their palette swaps. they just seem like colored tints. A good example is sora's his red team swap can easily be his original outfit from chain of memories but it's just a lazy red tint instead.

My nitpick is that it's 2017 and people still think that adding entirely new costumes instead of palette swaps is easy.
YouTube Video:

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:35 pm

It would be cool if they limited the hue rotation to certain hues. That would preserve skin color (see my avatar).

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:14 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
I wish Megaman's losing animation was still him exploding instead of just yet another clapper.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:44 am

MGN Username: squirtkipfan0
Currently Playing: TF2, terraria, ssf2, fire emblem(various ones), other things
Waifu: jenny wakeman
wario doesn't grumply looks to the side when he loses and the faster pitched menu music I liked better was changed
1/10, worst version, don't play
:cry:

reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)
Too spammable for my liking: Bomb Arrows

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:06 am

I miss Mega Man's taunts. Going 8-bit and doing the MvC tongue thing were great.

I do miss other aspects about him too (Like the Knight Crush down smash and actual powers in throws), but that's probably a personal attachment.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Densetsu wrote:
Mitzu wrote:

My nitpick is that it's 2017 and people still think that adding entirely new costumes instead of palette swaps is easy.
YouTube Video:

The video explains a lot. I figured it was more spritework then RGB hues. The condescending tone was not appreciated though.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:51 pm
BR Member

That's fair. I'm sorry.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:02 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Click to expand thumbnail

Why get rid of Marth's cool Shadow Dragon inspired color (right-screen, v0.9b). Its maybe a shade of blue over his neutral, but significantly stands out next to his neutral pallet better than the other new colors it got replaced by.

I like the idea of giving Marth a purple-outfit (left), but the current one's tone just looks like his neutral with purple hue. Would feel more independent as an pallet if it was more saturated with a better blue offet.

But the teal-tinted (right) is nearlly identical to his neutral. Feel like a wasted color spots.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:54 pm
BR Member

We're so close. SO CLOSE.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:14 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Really preferred BM's old Side-Taunt, the new one's kinda meh.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:35 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
☻Danny☻ wrote:
I wish Megaman's losing animation was still him exploding instead of just yet another clapper.

^^^ I got hype when I saw for the first time that his losing animation was him exploding

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:14 am

MGN Username: Jobin
Currently Playing: FusionFall
Waifu: Sandbag
Some of these alternate color palettes look nice, while some of the others one look lazily done. I thought it was just the character that was affected, but I'm starting to think it's EVERYTHING was just slapped in with a different palette and they didn't mess with it since. Mario/Luigi's pipes are shown to be different colors, as well as Sora's door when he enters the battle in a different palette.

It probably affects nothing but it seems pretty slapped-on. I don't remember if it was the same for older versions (probably was) but at least some of these palettes are really nice (Purple Marth/Mega/Sonic and Inverted Sandbag). I just expected some more unique stuff, but it isn't hurting the game for having the alternates the way they are. Probably makes things easier on the devs, too.

Main Man: :sora:
Side Chick: :sandbag:
Hoping for: [jojo reference]

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:27 pm
 [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next