The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:10 am

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
JalStar wrote:
This isn't a list of people I "completely" want to be in the game, but just a list of people who I think could fit.

Dig Dug - If Bomberman can be playable, so can he. I feel he will make a cameo in Pac-Man's moveset mimicking SSB4, but Dig Dug would be a nice character selection.
Mappy - Very obscure game that I personally never heard of; I would love to see what his moveset would be. Aah! One of my favorite games of all-time! As much as I would love to see it happen, the most I can see out of this character is a cameo in Pac-Man's moveset or an Assist Trophy.
Goemon - He has a pipe, I rest my case. Idk about this one. I will have to think about this.
Takamaru - She has a sword, I rest my case. He is a dude actually and YES! He would be awesome to play as in SSF2!
Jill from Drill Dozer - She has a weapon that rhymes with her name, I rest my case. Very obscure, but very good moveset potential.
Chrono - He was part of SSF1's cast and one of my favorites. I hope he returns.
Spyro - First game I've ever played period on the first gaming device I've ever had. (Gameboy Advanced) I would lose my mind if he was playable in this game. Great choice.
Billy Hatcher - Very memorable game with a cool character that could have an interesting moveset. [b]Excellent choice!
[/b]Kalas from Baten Kaitos - I really don't have anything to say about this guy, he just looks cool. That was such an awesome game!
Deoxys - One of my favorite Legendary Pokemon and the best Psychic type second to Mewtwo in my opinion. If we ever get Mewtwo in this game, he would be a perfect match up to go against him.
This would be epic!!

Bold are my notes.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Goku2500 wrote:
JalStar wrote:
This isn't a list of people I "completely" want to be in the game, but just a list of people who I think could fit.

Dig Dug - If Bomberman can be playable, so can he. I feel he will make a cameo in Pac-Man's moveset mimicking SSB4, but Dig Dug would be a nice character selection.
Mappy - Very obscure game that I personally never heard of; I would love to see what his moveset would be. Aah! One of my favorite games of all-time! As much as I would love to see it happen, the most I can see out of this character is a cameo in Pac-Man's moveset or an Assist Trophy.
Goemon - He has a pipe, I rest my case. Idk about this one. I will have to think about this.
Takamaru - She has a sword, I rest my case. He is a dude actually and YES! He would be awesome to play as in SSF2!
Jill from Drill Dozer - She has a weapon that rhymes with her name, I rest my case. Very obscure, but very good moveset potential.
Spyro - First game I've ever played period on the first gaming device I've ever had. (Gameboy Advanced) I would lose my mind if he was playable in this game. Great choice.
Billy Hatcher - Very memorable game with a cool character that could have an interesting moveset. [b]Excellent choice!
[/b]Kalas from Baten Kaitos - I really don't have anything to say about this guy, he just looks cool. That was such an awesome game!
Deoxys - One of my favorite Legendary Pokemon and the best Psychic type second to Mewtwo in my opinion. If we ever get Mewtwo in this game, he would be a perfect match up to go against him.
This would be epic!!

Bold are my notes.

Errrm... what?

On the other hand, I think if Lucas gets in SSF2, I think PM Offence Up should be his D-Spec

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:56 am

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
Jan_Solo wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:
JalStar wrote:

This would be epic!!

Bold are my notes.

Errrm... what?

On the other hand, I think if Lucas gets in SSF2, I think PM Offence Up should be his D-Spec

No, leave Lucas as he is now.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:00 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
Lucas' Smash Attacks are strong on their own, he doesn't need any of those stupid moves he got in PM.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:33 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
^Gotta love that overpowered Up-Smash :chibirobo:

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:20 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
☻Danny Nutcracker☻ wrote:
^Gotta love that overpowered Up-Smash :chibirobo:

How is a move that easy to punish OP

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
to be fair his normal smash attacks were weakened and have smaller hitboxes to compensate for offense up
also i really like what pm did with his normals and airs

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:40 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
I'm normally not one to say things like this, but if the Multi-Man Smash enemies are clones/simple edits/pallette swaps of the normal characters, I would love it if they were to be selectable as a single icon, as an Edgemaster/Charade/Mokujin-type character, randomizing with every KO.

Normally a character like that wouldn't be possible/feasible in a sprite-based game due to the sheer amount of animations involved, but if it were something like that, I could see it working, and I love using those types of characters. But the closest I can get is choosing Random in All-Star Versus in PM.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:09 am

Harr Turnpike wrote:
I'm normally not one to say things like this, but if the Multi-Man Smash enemies are clones/simple edits/pallette swaps of the normal characters, I would love it if they were to be selectable as a single icon, as an Edgemaster/Charade/Mokujin-type character, randomizing with every KO.

Normally a character like that wouldn't be possible/feasible in a sprite-based game due to the sheer amount of animations involved, but if it were something like that, I could see it working, and I love using those types of characters. But the closest I can get is choosing Random in All-Star Versus in PM.

Random thought, instead of "simple edits" and all that, how about the regular character sprite with a lot more Black "Overlay" or whatever you call that, so they appear to be "Dark Versions" of the cast...

If possible, add an aura to them. Preferably Black, Purple, or Dark Red...

Also, maybe some modifications to their movesets? I mean, BBM's Bombs would be useless once he switches, unless they explode upon Death or something... Kirby style Neutral-B? and Unique specials? Maybe a "Transform" or "Reformat" or (keeping in theme with the Sprite-based game +pun bonus) "Resprite" (LOL) as a D-spec where they "change" to another character... with some technology+magic effects and all that... or something...

Secondaries:

For Fun:

Hopefuls:

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:02 am
BR Member

Jan_Solo wrote:
Harr Turnpike wrote:

Random thought, instead of "simple edits" and all that, how about the regular character sprite with a lot more Black "Overlay" or whatever you call that, so they appear to be "Dark Versions" of the cast...

Also, maybe some modifications to their movesets? I mean, BBM's Bombs would be useless once he switches, unless they explode upon Death or something... Kirby style Neutral-B? and Unique specials? Maybe a "Transform" or "Reformat" or (keeping in theme with the Sprite-based game +pun bonus) "Resprite" (LOL) as a D-spec where they "change" to another character... with some technology+magic effects and all that... or something...

Woah. Woah woah woah. Woah. We're not adding an OC like Blade/Blue here.
I suggested whatever the Multi-Man enemies will be specifically because they're already going to be in the game, assuming they'll be clones of existing characters like the Fighting Polygon Team was (which is actually what I'm hoping for specifically, honestly; their sprites would be relatively simple to make).

As for moveset modifications/freely transforming, no. Just no. That would defeat the entire point and would also make them look like an OC.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:09 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
On the topic of Multiman Characters
Even though they're not the best option, might I suggest the Primids?
They're pretty neat, have moves they can do from SSE and get knocked around like flies anyway

Either them or make a callback to the Fighting Polygon Team and make everyone have this pure purple scale (Sorta like how some characters have a Black/White coloration like :bomberman: or :kirby:, but with shades of Purple instead of Monochromatic and call them the "Fighting Pixel Team" or something
(Albeit they'd probably have to round it down and not have everyone in for the sake of character loading, if we were to go with only 5 I would suggest :mario:, :blackmage:, :lloyd:, :kirby: and :gameandwatch:)

Those would be neat :chibirobo:

Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:31 am
BR Member

That reminds me. There actually were dark versions of characters in the Subspace Emissary, like the Shadow Bug Princesses and Diddy. Explicitly putting them in that context would make them somewhat feasible.

...you know what, after the full game's out and expansions are a thing, I'm just going to try to sprite Charade himself. It'll have been long enough to at least start learning how to by then :p

Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:45 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
:bomberman:'s bombs should explode upon death anyway. By death I mean when he completely runs out of stocks of course.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:42 pm

Harr Turnpike wrote:
Jan_Solo wrote:
Harr Turnpike wrote:

Woah. Woah woah woah. Woah. We're not adding an OC like Blade/Blue here.
I suggested whatever the Multi-Man enemies will be specifically because they're already going to be in the game, assuming they'll be clones of existing characters like the Fighting Polygon Team was (which is actually what I'm hoping for specifically, honestly; their sprites would be relatively simple to make).

As for moveset modifications/freely transforming, no. Just no. That would defeat the entire point and would also make them look like an OC.

I didn't mean for it to sound like an OC, I just thought it might be an interesting idea... I mean, Sandbag never had the ability to Bob-Omb recovery, "Wave Dodge", nor Aerial Grab... Capsules are forgivable... I guess...

On the note of characters... I had this random idea a few months ago of Spongebob being playable... I mean, I was playing Revenge of the Flying Dutchman on my GBA emulator... I also remembered the nicktoons games... I had one on my old DS... Spongebob can also have a unique moveset... But the game would probably get 50% more flak than it already has if we add another 4th party char and that 4th party char is Spongebob...

Secondaries:

For Fun:

Hopefuls:

Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:52 am

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
Better idea: It shows the hitboxes and attackboxes without the sprites with saturation set to 0, the contrast set to 100, and the alpha set to -100 to make sure there's no transparency. That can give the effect of something being like the fighting polygon team.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:26 am
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 189  Next