The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:40 pm

[ 1277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 86  Next
Geno's Sprites: I edit Detta's sprites a lot sorry 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Eraser wrote:
If he wasn't holding a weapon, why would his hands be in a position like that?

That's kind of irrelevant, because he's ALWAYS holding a weapon in game...
Dr.Rockso wrote:
Complete garbage compared to Korah's. honestly.

Get out Angel demonica. you left. STAY left.
(Insert Here) ♥ er wrote:
Geno wrote:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

(Ive been out for a while ...) Omg i luv u. Thats soooooooooooooo awesome. Im totally fanboying over this!!!

^_^ Thanks
Byakitten wrote:
You know, I was gonna say continue on with the requests while back, but seeing that you're busy ATM, eff it.

heheh, I promise I'll get em done... eventually.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:19 pm

Someone's acting like a big boy. I better leave since you told me to. :O Seriously though, completely trash that and restart, it really isn't good. I'm sorry I'm not sucking your dick with praise for it, but that's because you don't deserve any.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:32 am

Dr.Rockso wrote:
Someone's acting like a big boy. I better leave since you told me to. :O Seriously though, completely trash that and restart, it really isn't good. I'm sorry I'm not sucking your dick with praise for it, but that's because you don't deserve any.

If you have such a great idea on how low-based these sprites are, then at least, if it is not too much to ask, give us some proper criticism instead of failing at trying to bring potentially good sprites.

A bit stiff, Geno, although I see some level in this. I'll have to look further for more mistakes, but keep up the currently good work.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:19 pm

The shading is dreadful, the arm in the first animation grew fatter, if anything completely reshade, and give it more contrast. there's no contrast in the shading, its hardly visible, so it results in it looking like there is no shading.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:46 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Dr.Rockso wrote:

Get out. Give a good critique or nothing at all.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:19 pm

why don't you look above your post, or just ignore it like you most likely will.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Geno, continue your new SSF2 Pit, it's very cool. I'm not sure what things to be fixed, but I'm sure about that. ;)
You know, there's a better way to help you to make the new Pit sprites more exact and better. One can't exactly make the poses via looking only, as our brain tends to slightly forget what exactly should be. The best way is that if I give you some Brawl Pit snapshots (with snapshots via Slow Brawl, since I can take them better and use them to make more exact sprites) so you don't have to worry about debating mistakes.
But this will take me like today, tomorrow, or 2 days, since I got a new TV, and well, it's difficult for me to place "Video".

Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
I've never seen you make a good sprite, Angel. Also, everyone else here who happens to be considered a "good" spriter, thinks it's quality. Some how I get the feeling you're the one wrong here.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:00 am

Currently Playing: dudebro
Dr.Rockso wrote:
why don't you look above your post, or just ignore it like you most likely will.

Dude just get out!
Geez

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:23 am

Tidraptor wrote:
I've never seen you make a good sprite, Angel. Also, everyone else here who happens to be considered a "good" spriter, thinks it's quality. Some how I get the feeling you're the one wrong here.

Well I thought a good spriter was some good quality and good with structure.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:56 am

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Tidraptor wrote:

I know I come under the category of someone who is not a "good spriter", but regarding Geno's Pit

1. The bow's positioning needs work. It shouldn't just go up and down with no rotation but have a bit of an arc (thus requiring a more complete Paletuna's Bow ring). The bow in the right arm is fine, just the left one needs work. Tied into this is the hand/bow's height. It's all over the place, jumping here, there and everywhere. compare the top point of it between each frame. A possible (and personally preferred improvement) would be to swap which hand holds the bow, using the 45 degree bow (which wouldn't have to rotate much, if at all)
2. The wings' shading fixing. I'd say the grey lines should be extended further down, near (if not touching) the wings. Overall, however, I'd say this is nothing major and I could in fact be completely wrong on this point.
3. The shape of the wings. Use a reference picture and you'll find they're very off. They're bigger, more curved and so forth, especially towards the bottom.
4. Shading overall: Nothing here, as far as I can tell, it's brilliant, good job
5. There are no rings around his arm unlike in Brawl.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:48 am

Tidraptor wrote:

I could show you examples of when I worked JUS, but this isn't my topic. Also I've been at TSR crafting my spriting abilities, and at least there they point out faults, not just stroke your ego. I notice that with this place, you all aren't harsh enough with your criticism. But this is for another time and place. If your going to bash my spriting abilities without knowing what your talking about, take it to pms. All I'm trying to help Geno do is improve, but I guess I'll leave this topic since no one wants my help.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:26 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Tidraptor wrote:

There you go.

And guys don't kill eachother. Rockso said that he didn't like the sprite, and while he may have said it a little ... 'extreme', to word it like that, it's not a reason to kill him.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Damian wrote:
Tidraptor wrote:

There you go.

And guys don't kill eachother. Rockso said that he didn't like the sprite, and while he may have said it a little ... 'extreme', to word it like that, it's not a reason to kill him.

Yes, exactly.

"The shading is dreadful, the arm in the first animation grew fatter, if anything completely reshade, and give it more contrast. there's no contrast in the shading, its hardly visible, so it results in it looking like there is no shading."

There are some mishaps in shading, such as on the clothing. You don't get the wrinkled feelings normal clothing would give. Try to get a Pit reference picture. We're not going to be using the first animation, really, but I guess Rockso has a point. Although with the 'no contrast', I have to disagree. The white colors are a little dull, yes, but the more lively colors stand out very well from the rest. And I can see the shading, albeit it could be my eye.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:38 am

Waifu: I'm married
He's too... stiff

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:04 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 1277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 86  Next