The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:56 pm

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Things you should know about the Other section *outdated* 
Legendary Ghost

Although this section may be labeled as a place where you can post anything that doesn't fit, here's some guidelines as to what shouldn't be posted here. If you're too lazy to read, just look at the bolded words.

Some topic no-nos:
- "I'm leaving" topics or "I'm back" topics. You can easily send a mass pm to the people who you think will care of your disappearence. Cause contrary to your beliefs, no one could care less if you're leaving. As for returning topics, I think people can see that you're back when you start posting in topics again.

- Gender specification topics. The classic forum question of "who's a girl" has been asked countless times ever since the dawn of the internet. Look guys, you're not going to score on a forum. Just face it. So quit asking everyone's gender, cause you might fall for a trap if you know what I mean.

- Stat whore topics. Things like "Click to increase my minicity" or "feed my pokemon" have been posted way too much. Put the link in your sig. Don't make a topic about it.

Topics you should avoid creating:
- "Join my forum!" topics are ill-advised. You may get three or so regular users, but you'll usually get the reply of "RAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAID". Followed by a spam attack on your forum. So please, don't stick your site out for punishment, just put it in your sig or have it as your websitte in the user control panel. If you do advertise your forum, make sure it has content (like a website to go with it)! If drawing is your specialty then make it an art forum. Generic forums usually don't stand on their own.

If anyone has any suggestions for anymore types of topics, feel free to suggest.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:40 pm

In regards to the first 2. I would need to mass PM everyone...?

Also, GTFO. Belth is curious.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:52 pm

Currently Playing: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
We dun't want anymore Bomberman (Girl) fiascos.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Deep Thought 42 wrote:
- "Join my forum!" topics are ill-advised. You may get three or so regular users, but you'll usually get the reply of "RAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAID". Followed by a spam attack on your forum. So please, don't stick your site out for punishment, just put it in your sig or have it as your websitte in the user control panel

Change this rule to Don't create a forum without creating a website to go with it, because then I can avoid posting long posts explaining why you shouldn't use those stupid forum hosters to host a forum without hosting your own website with some decent content first.

The Doctor Who MIDI Club

Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:08 am

Plumber wrote:
Deep Thought 42 wrote:
- "Join my forum!" topics are ill-advised. You may get three or so regular users, but you'll usually get the reply of "RAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAID". Followed by a spam attack on your forum. So please, don't stick your site out for punishment, just put it in your sig or have it as your websitte in the user control panel

Change this rule to Don't create a forum without creating a website to go with it, because then I can avoid posting long posts explaining why you shouldn't use those stupid forum hosters to host a forum without hosting your own website with some decent content first.

freewebs?

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:15 am
Legendary Ghost

Plumber wrote:
Deep Thought 42 wrote:

good idea. thanks.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:41 am

maxmatsu wrote:
Plumber wrote:
Deep Thought 42 wrote:

freewebs?

Yes. FreeWebs. Except, I think FreeWebs sucks, the uploading limit isn't big enough.

The Doctor Who MIDI Club

Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:10 pm

Plumber wrote:
maxmatsu wrote:
Plumber wrote:
Deep Thought 42 wrote:

freewebs?

Yes. FreeWebs. Except, I think FreeWebs sucks, the uploading limit isn't big enough.

what is the max? and of images or videos? I haven't uploaded something big.

Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:19 am

Dunno, I just know it sucks.

The Doctor Who MIDI Club

Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:29 am

Plumber wrote:
Dunno, I just know it sucks.

haha, you've seen many sucky pages or what?

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:32 am

Deep Thought 42 wrote:
Some topic no-nos:
- "I'm leaving" topics or "I'm back" topics. You can easily send a mass pm to the people who you think will care of your disappearence. Cause contrary to your beliefs, no one could care less if you're leaving. As for returning topics, I think people can see that you're back when you start posting in topics again.

Am I the only one who think's this is stupid? If you are leaving then what will warning's do?

Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:53 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Deep Thought 42 wrote:
Some topic no-nos:

Am I the only one who think's this is stupid? If you are leaving then what will warning's do?

True, And what if someone wanted to know what happened after he left.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:50 pm

I never make any of those threads yet so....

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:36 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Ganonthegreat wrote:
Deep Thought 42 wrote:
Some topic no-nos:

That's pretty lulworthy cause its true.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:30 am

Why is this unlocked?

Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:15 am
 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next