The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:46 pm

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
I need some advice... 

Why post if you don't read the entire thing? Especially when your replying to the post you didn't read.

@Geno
It all depends on the person really, my parents wouldn't mind if I was gay or religious(we aren't religious to begin with); that being said I'm neither. It's really hard for anyone to say which is a bigger matter though, mainly because it's all based on opinions.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:47 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Ramsey wrote:
I can see where you're coming from, as far as guilt goes, and wanting to be open with your parents.

Honestly, at least in my opinion, it would be best to get that off of your chest, and let them know how you are feeling. If you keep quiet, those emotions will reside, and I don't think you want that sort of thing bogging your mind. Don't force yourself, but when you feel the time is right, don't hesitate to lay it all out on the line. If your parents love you like parents should, they'll hear you out. They may not like it, but they'll certainly hear what you have to say. It may cause temporary tension, but it's better than you carrying that burden on your shoulders.

At least, that's my opinion.

Uhh yeah that would be best
If you are only capable of thinking about yourself

If you were to tell your parents you don't believe in god, you would basically make their worst nightmare a reality
To a religious parent, this means that their kid is going to hell to suffer eternally
You will totally tear them up for absolutely no reason, it doesn't even benefit an atheist to have other people know he's an atheist

Take it from me, I'm an atheist who lives with an extremely religious family and its just fine simply pretending to be a christian
Besides christian girls are hot and simple-minded

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:07 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Tell them you're gay and post their reaction

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:51 am

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
I keep it from my parents because they havent taken me to church with them for years and im not an attention whore
lol catholics

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:07 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
in seriousness tho
just like
don't bring it up if it's not going to accomplish anything. if they try and force s*** on you then i guess tell them you're not comfortable with it but otherwise let it rest man.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:10 am

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
Tid wrote:
in seriousness tho
just like
don't bring it up if it's not going to accomplish anything. if they try and force s*** on you then i guess tell them you're not comfortable with it but otherwise let it rest man.

yeah pretty much

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:11 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Jeez, when I first checked this topic, I thought it was about coming out of the closet about your sexuality.

KP is completely right. Your parents want you to go to church and believe in God because they think that if you don't, you won't be alongside them in the afterlife. For religious people, that's a big thing, if you didn't realize.

If your personal beliefs don't conflict with those of your parents, then leave it as it is. Of course, if you're converting to a religion that says you can't worship other gods, then you might wanna consider a conversation about religion. But if you just don't believe in a higher power, then continue to take part in the tradition, if only to make your parents happy. It means a lot to them, and all you have to do is take part in some rituals that you don't put any worth into, so you lose nothing.

Freud Flintstone wrote:

How many "technical virgins" have you known? My counter is stuck at one.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:11 am

My parents have always been pretty chill bout these things. They respect any choice we make.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:15 am

Waifu: I'm married
Hakker wrote:
Freud Flintstone wrote:

How many "technical virgins" have you known? My counter is stuck at one.

living in america, the schools are, of course, crammed with them
but there are plenty of "dumb blonde christian c***" who think god would give a s*** about the difference between tongues and dicks
church is like the womanizer's paradise
def. wish i started going back when i was capable of being attracted to anything

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:10 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
Hakker wrote:
Jeez, when I first checked this topic, I thought it was about coming out of the closet about your sexuality.

KP is completely right. Your parents want you to go to church and believe in God because they think that if you don't, you won't be alongside them in the afterlife. For religious people, that's a big thing, if you didn't realize.

If your personal beliefs don't conflict with those of your parents, then leave it as it is. Of course, if you're converting to a religion that says you can't worship other gods, then you might wanna consider a conversation about religion. But if you just don't believe in a higher power, then continue to take part in the tradition, if only to make your parents happy. It means a lot to them, and all you have to do is take part in some rituals that you don't put any worth into, so you lose nothing.

Thanks. That is what I needed to hear. So I won't tell them.

Anyways, I don't think this topic is needed anymore so...

:lock:

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:36 pm
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2