The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:14 pm

[ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
Zelda 

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Godot wrote:
So I guess I have officially picked this silly character up as a secondary.

Thing is, I hope all of you Zelda mains truly appreciate how good this dsmash is.

So, watch me destroy my bro with Zelda :D
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rJCXBIVnMA ]

THAT LAST STOCK HAD ME LIKE
Dsmash of Wisdom is a perfect name for Zelda's dsmash

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:40 pm
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Shine wrote:
Godot wrote:
So I guess I have officially picked this silly character up as a secondary.

Thing is, I hope all of you Zelda mains truly appreciate how good this dsmash is.

So, watch me destroy my bro with Zelda :D
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rJCXBIVnMA ]

THAT LAST STOCK HAD ME LIKE
Dsmash of Wisdom is a perfect name for Zelda's dsmash

I got so hyped when I pulled that ending off. It truly was DESTRUCTION!

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:56 pm

Hey guys here's something to discuss

What if Zelda & Sheik were seperate characters.

Would Zelda still get Phantom Slash? How do you think the Devs would tweak Phantom Slash to be viable.

Or if Zelda could have a different down special entirely what would it be?

Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:09 pm
YIM

MGN Username: mikael_fernandes
HELLO,FELLOW ZELDA MAINS!
I'm here to have some advices on combos,bad/good MU and strategies!
any help?

Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:49 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
Mikael-Fernandes wrote:
HELLO,FELLOW ZELDA MAINS!
I'm here to have some advices on combos,bad/good MU and strategies!
any help?

Utilt is your best combo starter if you can land it. Followups are pretty much free on it. A typical Zelda combo usually goes something like utilt > utilt > sourspot fair/bair > sweetspot fair/bair.
Din's fire is your best friend. Use it. A lot. Its kinda useless if you suck at Din's fire placement, but once you get REALLY good with it, its a very strong tool.
Up+B can also be used for mindgames, not just recovery.
Zelda has slow mobility and she has meh approaches, so be careful in neutral. Space properly and don't play too aggressively. Bait n' punish.
Idk what else to say atm, she isn't very hard to use lol.

Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:43 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Utilt has slightly more range than upsmash, interestingly enough.

Dthrow makes for an amazing way to get hits on your opponent, should you land a grab. There is potential for chaingrabs, and aerial followups are pretty guaranteed. If your opponent DI's in at a decent percent, I want to see someone connect dthrow->dair->one/two hit nair->grab, I recently discovered that this combo can happen and it would look amazing XD

If you ever need a kill, just use the dsmash. It is very fast and very strong.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:14 pm

I have tp disagree with Dopeness.

Dash Attack & Nair are Zelda's BEST combo starters Dash Attack leading into Utilt, Fair, Bair, another Dash Attack, and even a Grab depending on the opponents. It also has a s*** ton pf priority and will 9/10 times beat your opponent or cause a clank.

Nair is slightly safer, generally leads to the same followups as Dash Attack, and can cross up shields, it's also a very threating OOS option and approach option. Just don't try to approach with it too often depending on the MU. It doesn't have that much range, priority, or damage(on average a nair should deal 5-7%)

Also always remeber Zelda's KO options. Kicks are great for racking damage, combos, and killing(obvs) but if you're facing a super mobile opponents(Sonic, Fox, Falcon) you should teach yourself to rely on Zelda other moves for kills.

Quick List for the Newbie Zelda

Fair: 120%, Fair is actually SUPER weak but it's great for combing and racking damage. Can kill early if you catch the opponent with bad DI.
Bair: 60-80%, depends on the character and DI but generally these percents are where Bair becomes uber scary.

Down Smash: This move should be your guardian angel. It kills most characters with terrible recovery around 60%, 80-90% if they know how to survive it.

Side Smash: 120%, Side Smash is pretty weak and super risky since it can be SDI'd but it has a s*** ton of priority.

Down Air: Can kill at SUPER LOW% given the right setup.

Usmash: 90-130% heavily depends on weight, is generally unreliable since multi hit attacks are p bad in this game.

Up Air: 90-130% again like Usmash depends solely on weight. but generally this is a very reliable KO move. It also has a s*** ton of disjointed range.(You can beat out Marth's Dair with it.)

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:31 pm
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
Godot wrote:
Utilt has slightly more range than upsmash, interestingly enough.

Dthrow makes for an amazing way to get hits on your opponent, should you land a grab. There is potential for chaingrabs, and aerial followups are pretty guaranteed. If your opponent DI's in at a decent percent, I want to see someone connect dthrow->dair->one/two hit nair->grab, I recently discovered that this combo can happen and it would look amazing XD

If you ever need a kill, just use the dsmash. It is very fast and very strong.

Utilt also has a long-lasting hitbox for a tilt.

Fthrow is also a pretty good way to start combos that I don't see Zeldas use too often. It is a very good way to start a techchase where you can followup with dash attack, dtilt, utilt, and even a smash attack.

And even though dsmash is a great move, its best to learn not to rely on it for killing blows often. At higher skill levels opponents learn to tech it. I usually get kills more often with upsmash and fsmash rather than dsmash. The hitboxes have a long-lasting duration. You won't believe how many times a person tries to punish an fsmash only to get killed by the last hit. People usually consider it pretty bad since you can SDI out of it but from my experiences its still plenty of reliable and throw a lot of people off.

Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:25 pm

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
Shine wrote:
Hey guys here's something to discuss

What if Zelda & Sheik were seperate characters.

Would Zelda still get Phantom Slash? How do you think the Devs would tweak Phantom Slash to be viable.

Or if Zelda could have a different down special entirely what would it be?

She'd probably get Phantom Slash. The devs would probably make it chargeable, which I don't think would be OP by SSF2 standards.

For a new down special, she could possibly use a Bow & Arrow like Link's neutral special which goes through opponents but is a bit weaker than Link's. I'm not too sure about this.

As an avid Shielda user though, I wouldn't want the two to be separated in the first place.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:56 pm

I redid Zelda's Palette swaps using SSF2 limitations.(Hue, Tint, Saturation, etc. NOT temperature or painted pixels.)

Mfw :zelda: has some of the best potential palettes in SSF2!(in my opinion)
Splash Art: show

In-game Sprite: show
1. Twilight Princess(Default)
2. Seashore Princess(Blue)
3. Ocarina of Time(Red)
3. Forest Princess(Green)
5. Fairytale Princess(Bright Purple)
6. Dark Enchantress(Black)

Tell me guys! Which one's your favorite? :zelda:

Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:00 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I like my dark-blue 'Ice-Queen' Zelda.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Zalozis wrote:
I like my dark-blue 'Ice-Queen' Zelda.

#4 is the same thing as current blue Zelda, except the entire dress is green rather than a green top and white dress. :colonthree:

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:56 pm
YIM

dead thread is dead

lets make a changelist :zelda:
Buffs
•Zelda has a faster walking speed.

•Zelda's jab is faster and has slightly more priority.
•Zelda's ftilt has more range, speed, and consistent knockback scaling for combos beyond low percents.
•Fsmash has more range and deals more total damage uncharged. 15%<-13%
•Usmash has better trapping and range.
•Dsmash comes out faster, almost instantly and has less endlag.

•Nair has more priority.
•Dair has more priority.

•Nayru's Love has invincibility on startup to offset the terrible range, trapping, and priority. It has less endlag and also deals more damage. 13%<-11%
•Project: M Din's Fire. Zelda can set one fireball anywhere on and off stage. If the opponent comes into contact with it or if Zelda uses side special again the fireball will explode.

Nerfs
•Ftilt deals less damage. 14%->12%
•Ftilt has a sourspot on Zelda's torso that deals 10% and sends the opponent infront of Zelda.
•Dtilt doesn't spike anymore.
•Usmash deals less total damage (15%->13%) and has less knockback. Not KOing Mario until 140%.
•Dsmash has less knockback, while it's still very powerful it doesn't send opponents(such as Ichigo) out of their recovery range at 40%. Reverting back to 9a strength. Dsmash also deals less damage. 15%->13%

•Uair has noticeable landing lag.
•Dair has a tightened hitbox.

•Nayru's Love has less range, trapping, and the hitboxes don't linger. It also has slightly slower startup.
•Faore's Wind travels half of its original distance (giving Zelda worse recovery than Sheik.) and it also has major landing lag.
•Din's Fire has much less knockback.

Neutral
•Lightning Kicks mirror each other, They now KO around the same percents.
•Fair deals 8% sour, and 18% sweet. KOs at 90%
•Bair deals 7% sour, and 17% sweet. KOs at 80%
•Dair deals 6% sour, and 16% sweet. The sweetspot can KO at very low percents offstage, but around 140% on stage.

•Zelda has new teching & ledge roll sprites.
•Zelda has a new ledge and getup attack.
•Lightning Kicks now have visual ques for landing sweetspots rather than just freeze frames. They also cause the Electrified visual effect on opponents.
•Back Throw now emits a burst of magic sparkles. Fitting for being one of the two strongest throws in the game.

•Zelda has new taunts. c:
-Down Taunt where she waves towards her opponent. Plays the Puzzle Solved sound effect.
-A new Side Taunt where she nonchalantly flips her hair. Plays the Rupee sound effect.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:50 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Shine wrote:
Buff
•Zelda's ftilt has more range, speed, and consistent knockback scaling for combos beyond low percents.

•Fsmash - deals more total damage uncharged. 13% -> 15%

•Nair has more priority.

•Dair has more priority. (I don't know about this. How much priority does it even have?)

Nerfs
•Ftilt deals less damage. 14%->12%
•Ftilt has a sourspot on Zelda's torso that deals 10% and sends the opponent infront of Zelda.

•Nayru's Love hitboxes don't linger.

Neutral
•Lightning Kicks mirror each other, They now KO around the same percents.
•Fair deals 8% sour, and 18% sweet. KOs at 90%
•Bair deals 8% sour, and 18% sweet. KOs at 80%
•Dair deals 7% sour, and 17% sweet. The sweetspot can KO at very low percents offstage, but around 140% on stage.

•Zelda has new teching & ledge roll sprites.
•Zelda has a new ledge and getup attack.
•Back Throw now emits a burst of magic sparkles. Fitting for being one of the two strongest throws in the game.[/b]

•Zelda has new taunts. c:
-Down Taunt where she waves towards her opponent. Plays the Puzzle Solved sound effect.
-A new Side Taunt where she nonchalantly flips her hair. Plays the Rupee sound effect.

To add:
+Buffs
•Initial-dash steps forward about twice the distance.
•Dash-Attack travels 50%+ the distance it currently goes.
•Up smash does 14%.

-Nerfs
•Slightly decrease in Up-Smash knockback.
- Up-Smash hitbox ends slightly sooner to make it easier to punish with an aerial.

Anything more than this could result in overly abusive play or change her design too much. This all here would be good. Zelda's is quite well-balanced, as well as has a playstyle that rewards the player with having good fundamentals. That's encouraging. She just needs some tweaks to make her gameplay feel very clean and polished.

[•Lightning Kicks now have visual ques for landing sweetspots rather than just freeze frames. They also cause the Electrified visual effect on opponents.]

Maybe this. This would be neutral/nerf. Opponents have less time to DI, but Zelda will have less time to see it connect and re-adjust to further. It would be cool to speed up his combo game, but I know if it's necessary would truly worth it.

I'm also very on the fence of changing Din's. It's a mediocre move at best. You need super-accurate aim and require hard-read guessing that makes it near useless in some faster match-ups. It be scary to buff it though. Fixing its auto-detention on platforms would be necessary; it needs to slide off them or just ignore them. I would probably at least make it so the further Din's travels, the more damage (not knockback) the fire-blast will do. It does 9/10% no matter what. If you made it travel that far and somehow still hit your opponent after its flight being so predictable, you deserves a bit more damage reward.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:48 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
IDK about this.

So on the one hand you still have a lot of the Zelda who-cares-about-my-opponent's-approaches-eat-my-blue-death defensive walling moves (Nayru's Love is still good, fsmash, ftilt is buffed, etc., etc.), but then you get massive nerfs to recovery and a few other things. This seems like Zelda will still be a really tough matchup for characters that can't get in on her (especially if Din's is better and her punishes are buffed), but now get mega-rekt by swordsmen even more than she does already, because now you can't even spam Farore's against them (which was a very viable strategy before).

What about something like this, without becoming too detailed: drastically nerf the range of the hitboxes of Farore's but keep the range of the teleport and all of its options, and add some hefty endlag regardless of whether Zelda goes into specialfall or directly teleports to the ground to make it punishable as an escape option, and to make the sort of rinse-and-repeat Sheik edgeguards you see in Melee more viable here. Nerf the priority on her magic moves but give them more range and combo potential. Buff her ground mobility to give her a way to get in. Remove the dtilt meteor, but keep it as a good combo tool onstage. Make Din's good as a close-range tool by buffing the startup and speed (and keep its priority), but don't make the fire's power larger the more it travels, and add a little bit of endlag. Dsmash becomes a normal kill option a la fsmash and not the ultrafast semispike it is right now.

This way, Zelda gains some much-needed tools to beat swordsmen (although they will probably all be nerfed minus Sora and Link), without making her other MU's super polarizing.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:13 pm
 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next