The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:07 pm

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Flashy Highlights! 

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
Zalozis wrote:
(Sorry, RagingThunder, 8:04 was AWFUL: 30 seconds of whiffs, bad spacing, and Poor DI.) Every clips needs to make you whisper "Whoa, nice" to yourself. The clips I pointed out above is how every combo in a video should be/surpass in stylish, execution, # of attacks, etc., on opponents that aren't half-asleep.

As I said in the comments of that video, I originally intended to end my combo with bair, even put a timer, also I uploaded that because IdaiL said you'll be good. It wasn't MY fault that he fast-forwarded the replay. I know the difference between combos, basic gameplay and highlights - I was expecting him to end the replay after bair - again, not my fault. Although, it's pretty obvious that this video was not entirely directed towards combos. Even a stupid person could tell, considering IdaiL wrote some points in this thread about what this video was actually going to be about.

Mind you, I have uploaded ACTUAL combos for the recent community combo video held by Bowler. Again, because his video is called "community combo" - I am just following the rules. So I'll like to see if you still call my combos "awful" after he uploads the video. I know what I am doing. Therefore, your criticism was unnecessary. Good job totally not mentioning my Isaac combo/highlight, very attentive of you. And yes, the combos for the bowler video are not like that.

Btw, nice grammar there, "Every clips".

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:58 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
TheBlue10 wrote:
When people don't know the difference between a combo video and a highlight video.
And don't give me the "izz juzt basik geimplei" excuse, because technically that's basicly what 90% of video game footage on youtube is, basic gameplay.

I know the difference, and they pretty much are the same. The term "highlight" started getting more use during Brawl-days because YouTube comments would get triggered at calling Brawl's untrue-strings "combos."

But that isn't the point I was making: even though SSF2 has more combo-potentinal than Brawl/Smash4, I'm not saying every clip has to be a combo. It just has to be more than just low-mid level play, or just 3 hits landing on an opponent that has poor hitstun-awareness, or a lot of bad reads into a unintentional kill. Highlights are highlights because you don't see often, has a unique factor in skill and execution that doesn't happpen with the average-player.

@NASAPeepo: I'm not blaming you for the fast-forward, I knowledge that's was IdaiL's editng. I'm more saying that everything before the Bair wasn't intriguing either. I get that you do 100%+ without getting hit, but the sequence diminishes in luster when you whiff several moves during your pressure. Plus, the Pac-Man doesn't DI well and misses every tech; een the easy slow one the right-platform. Not dissing your skill, experience, or person, but even the part you wanted in wasn't that great either.

I'm not the only that felt this opinion. Other players in discord expressed the same criticism of the video. I just felt necessary to express the concerns because 8 hours after it uploaded, no one came out with any honesty about. There's a reason why this video got zero traction on r/smashbros. There isn't enough to rave about it.

Like I mentioned early, it would've been a great video if it was just best clips from it in a shorter video.

And again: I'm not bashing anyone, just looking for us to step-up our gameplay the next time around.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:42 am

Yea I honestly agree with Zalozis, I feel like for the highlights there should be some unnecessary clips cut. Actually I'd show a clip of my pacman one shotting a Luigi from 0% off of a grab to fire hydrant that is bouncing around from PAC-Jump. It isn't so much of a skill based clip, but it rather shows something unique to the table that will at least get a reaction from out of the viewer. That alone deserves a highlight on its own.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:27 pm

playridise wrote:
Yea I honestly agree with Zalozis, I feel like for the highlights there should be some unnecessary clips cut. Actually I'd show a clip of my pacman one shotting a Luigi from 0% off of a grab to fire hydrant that is bouncing around from PAC-Jump. It isn't so much of a skill based clip, but it rather shows something unique to the table that will at least get a reaction from out of the viewer. That alone deserves a highlight on its own.

WATCH MY COMBOS IN BOWLERSSF2'S COMMUNITY COMBO VIDEO FAGJAOGJAGANAAGG

Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:49 pm

NASAPeepo wrote:
playridise wrote:

It's better, but not extremely impressive, like I can see people do this. But tbh my combo on bowlers video was terrible. I only picked it since it was yoshi and Yoshi is trash. I woulda shown a significantly better pacman combo which was more worthy of a replay + that broken one shot thing.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:46 am

playridise wrote:
NASAPeepo wrote:
playridise wrote:

It's better, but not extremely impressive, like I can see people do this. But tbh my combo on bowlers video was terrible. I only picked it since it was yoshi and Yoshi is trash. I woulda shown a significantly better pacman combo which was more worthy of a replay + that broken one shot thing.

Same for Chibi, but I have actually uploaded a great Chibi combo consisting of 6-8 hits, if you count the grabs, as well. Even if it's a trash character, you can squeeze a good combo out of it. Also, of course every combo isn't gonna be exclusive to it's first holder, anyone can do it. But I can see where you are coming from.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:39 am

MGN Username: IdaiL
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2, Project M, editing
Ok, I'm seeing a lot of debate on the quality of the video, so I'm here to clear things up.

Yes, I did specify that it was a community combo series, but I also stated, many times, that THIS IS INSPIRED OFF OF ALPHARAD'S REPLAY HUT AND STYLESX2'S THE SALT IS REAL. I'm pretty sure you're all aware that they don't showcase only combos, but funny moments and highlights as well.

To be totally honest, Zalozis was right. I did put almost every submission I recieved, with two or three exceptions. The reason I did that was because I thought the replays were clip-worthy. Take QNissk's submission, for example. The reason I put that in was because I thought it was cool that he was able to do the hydrant push upsmash. Also, it was never shown in any SSF2 video, so that's why I put it in (But not gonna lie, that Pac was braindead LOL)

Also, Zalozis mentioned that we need to show the best of SSF2. But in my opinion, I'm pretty sure we already have. Just take a look at all of the community combo videos from v0.9b, from Titan, Jammy, and spid3y916, and even Bowler's most recent CCV. These videos show the potential of not only SSF2, but the players as well. Also, @NasaPeepo, the only reason I fast-forwarded the replay was because the kill was not too far away, and I wanted to show that the string had an end.

I always felt like we were praising the competitive side of SSF2 more than anything, so that's why I added some of those "mediocre" clips. To uplift the less competitive side of SSF2, so that they could possibly get better. In other words, I wanted to help reunite the community.

As for the memes, I'm going to say this as nice as I can: THIS IS MY SERIES, AND I CAN DO WHATEVER I PLEASE. I also did the Samus meme in honor of TheBlue10, as his videos always did give me a good laugh.

That is all.

Also pls submit to FH 2 k bye

Click to expand thumbnail
I regret nothing.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCctryjaQRX9IUMxIcbYVCnw
pls check it ;3;

-IdaiL

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:34 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Are you still doing episode 2? Well I'm just gonna leave this .rar file with my replay here if you are.

(No timer, but a little while after taking the first stock at about 50 seconds in, I racked up some damage before doing a fair-fair-fsmash kill confirm combo.)

Attachments:
bowzah.rar [3.56 KiB]
Downloaded 84 times

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.
Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:07 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Yay, I had a matches against Chaunch and some other person yesterday. Anyways, here's my replays.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... WNodDN3cjg

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:30 am

MGN Username: TaylorGang
Currently Playing: SSF2
Descendedsun

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaylorJames1234?lang=en
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/taypalacio/

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:41 pm

tay wrote:
Descendedsun

?

I regret nothing.

pls check it ;3;

-IdaiL

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Because of the new patch, here's the updated link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/Q2ZlLhPEU57iNRKAdE8Y

I regret nothing.

pls check it ;3;

-IdaiL

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:40 pm

I made a discord server!
https://discord.gg/b7SrGpn

I regret nothing.