The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:53 pm

[ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
Zelda 

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Huh, maybe one of you good Zelda players should face my Kirby then. I'm interested to put all these theories to the test.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:57 am

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
Kirbys side smash is the devil if you are trying to go in. Other than that kirby should not be too much of a problem.

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:17 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
So I've been exploring more of Zelda's possibilities and I've started approaching with NAir to Dash Atk/Utilt depending on where my opponent ends up.
Also after watching PM and SSB4 Zelda in action I've started using Faore's Wind for more than just recovering. So like I've noticed the ribbon on FW has transcendent priority(I've always knew this but I never really put it to action ^_^;) so I've been using it to clank with other high priority moves like Ichigo's and ZSS's side spec and also I've been using it as sort of a counter/escape tool. Also I've been using FW to approach and I get kinda lost on what to do after the explosion connects. Anyone got any idea on what I could follow up with? Also after specifically watching PM I've been abusing Faore's way more for mobility over dash especially for long distance travel.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:22 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
After I land it, it depends. But the reappearance on Farore hit-box into putting you at even frame-data with your opponent. They can pretty much throw an attack out or jump the same time you can. I think the safest follow-up is Utilt, but I more than not go for a full-jump Nair. It can cover both options of a retaliation from the opponent and an attempt to jump-escape.

It might be even better to just do another Farore's Wind to put distance between you and the opponent, or as another mix-up.

I'm also getting really good hitting the reverse hit-box on Din's. It'll blast opponents towards you for a crazy good combo follow-up.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:56 am

Ya NAir, Utilt, and FW seem to be the best follow ups for landing FW. On a side note I'm really starting to appreciate Zelda's NAir more, it's really good for approaching, pressuring, and combo breaking. I like that it's especially useful on opponents with big hurtboxes like Dk, Falcon, and Ichigo.
Speaking of appreciation I really love using Zelda's Jab, it has such good range and priority and leads to dash attack. Which is good.

And Din's Fire to FAir, BAir, or UAir is super satisfying to land. Especially since I feel like most moves in SFF2 have better KO power if you catch your opponent in the air. :D

Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:08 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Sachamel
Though I'm no master of Zelda, Nair seems even better if ground canceled early, since the enemy will be in hitsun and you can often follow with a tilt (preferably utilt).

Also I really love using her upb for positioning, say your up high in the left side of FD for some reason, you have 3 options out of it to move (down, down-right, right which is a tad unsafer) making it a guessing game for your opponent. Also if they rush in mindlessly they may get hit by the hitbox. Since Zelda is rather slow, it's a good move to make her cover ground fast.

And does anyone use Nayru's Love? I like doing it out of a jump if feeling pressured in order to catch the opponent in it and stop a posible attack (since I'm moving either forward or backward I'm not stuck in a laggy animation in just one position). Though I do wonder how good or not is this "technique" and if it's way to risky or something.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Land canceled NAir for me usually leads to dash attack which usually leads to utilt or grab depending on which trajectory dash attack sends your opponent at. Not alot of people realize Zelda can dash attack to grab which is nifty for surprise factor, since all of Zelda's throws are good.

Ya the options Faore's Wind gives are pretty awesome. You can also teleport to the ledge by holding down-left/right by being at certain points of the stage. Which is cool for ledgehogging in style. You can also ledge stall with FW as the ribbon increases Zelda's ledge sweetspot. I also like how Zelda can escape ledge pressure by just teleporting to the middle of the stage.

Nayru's is good for challenging approaches and stopping combos. Since it comes out relativly fast, has good range, and transcendent priority. Nayru's is only risky if any of the mini-hits get whiffed since they don't have that much hitsun. The last hit does have enough knockback and hitsun that you won't get punished. But you also can't really follow up Nayru's with anything. I know this will sound kinda nubbish but I like using NL for its reflector. Since I don't have to be frame perfect with it like power shields and it can reflect things like Link's boomerang and Naruto's clones, which power shields can't do.

Tip: Nayru's Love also reflects explosion hitboxes. Such as Bomberman's bombs

Nayru's Love and Din's Fire also let Zelda glide through the air given she has horizontal momentum. Which is amazing for recovering from the side blast lines and saving jump/teleport for further recovery.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:50 pm
YIM

MGN Username: sparty88
Anyone else think Zelda's bthrow is too strong? There's a decent window to DI it, but if you don't you can die as low as high 70% with some characters. That's kinda crazy, considering she already kills at such low % with a lot of her moves.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:04 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Zelda can KO herself mid-stage at 70% with DI. Maybe KO'ing like 90%, but yeah, Back-throw might be just a bit too strong.

Also, I made a Zelda combo video. Not sure how I want to improve from the playstyle in the next one. But I would like to get the views from other Zelda players on this.
YouTube Video:

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:39 pm

I wouldn't really call it too op since there are quite a few characters who's bthrows can KO. Like Black Mage, Ness, and Megaman. Zelda's always had a good throw game in general tho. Bthrow KOs, Fthrow forces people under the ledge, Uthrow can chaingrab(only works on Fox and Falcon), and Dthrow leads to BAir.

On another note today I was VSing my friend in class and he got mad at me for beating his Falcon. So then he picked Ichigo for the next match. We were on FD and he was literally spamming side spec. I was like omg pls stahp it was so hard to go in. I would use FW to clank but he just went for another side spec! So I used side smash expecting it to just clank.
But then I discovered something awesome! :D
The mini hits on smash flinched Ichigo out of his flash step and punished him! So I started spamming side smash whenever I felt a side spec coming. Then side smash got stale and I couldn't finish the stock until 134%. I lost the match though, cause I messed up a teleport after going for a gimp and I caught a side smash. ;-;(which kills Zelda so early jezuz.) I was proud cause it was my friend's first time beating my Zelda, but sad because the Ichigo/Zelda matchup is around 60-40 in Ichi's favor.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:02 pm
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Shine! wrote:
I wouldn't really call it too op since there are quite a few characters who's bthrows can KO. Like Black Mage, Ness, and Megaman. Zelda's always had a good throw game in general tho. Bthrow KOs, Fthrow forces people under the ledge, Uthrow can chaingrab(only works on Fox and Falcon), and Dthrow leads to BAir.

On another note today I was VSing my friend in class and he got mad at me for beating his Falcon. So then he picked Ichigo for the next match. We were on FD and he was literally spamming side spec. I was like omg pls stahp it was so hard to go in. I would use FW to clank but he just went for another side spec! So I used side smash expecting it to just clank.
But then I discovered something awesome! :D
The mini hits on smash flinched Ichigo out of his flash step and punished him! So I started spamming side smash whenever I felt a side spec coming. Then side smash got stale and I couldn't finish the stock until 134%. I lost the match though, cause I messed up a teleport after going for a gimp and I caught a side smash. ;-;(which kills Zelda so early jezuz.) I was proud cause it was my friend's first time beating my Zelda, but sad because the Ichigo/Zelda matchup is around 60-40 in Ichi's favor.

It's a good thing Zelda's grab range is bad and she is slow, if grabs were easy for her to get she wouldn't have a hard time at all getting free lightning kicks.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:05 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Zalozis wrote:
Zelda can KO herself mid-stage at 70% with DI. Maybe KO'ing like 90%, but yeah, Back-throw might be just a bit too strong.

Also, I made a Zelda combo video. Not sure how I want to improve from the playstyle in the next one. But I would like to get the views from other Zelda players on this.
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMyMYnbf7P8 ]

I'm literally scared of Zelda now just because of how easy it is to land her lightning kicks.....

:|

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:12 pm

Starkiller2 wrote:
It's a good thing Zelda's grab range is bad and she is slow, if grabs were easy for her to get she wouldn't have a hard time at all getting free lightning kicks.

Actually TSON said Zelda's grab has pretty good range but it's also one of the slower ones in the game.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:23 pm
YIM

MGN Username: sparty88
The kicks do make her intimidating. One of the tougher chars to engage along with DK. Missing your attack can be quite costly.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:31 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Shine! wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:

Actually TSON said Zelda's grab has pretty good range but it's also one of the slower ones in the game.

Ah ok. Zelda is also slow herself, that also makes grabs hard to get.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:49 pm
 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next