The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:19 pm

[ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 106  Next
SSF2 Beta Bug Report/Troubleshooting Thread 

Rollaboy wrote:
EntityNumberX wrote:
Surprisingly nobody else has reported this error but if one is to play as kirby on an online battle the game 'softlocks' Kirby's entry animation plays until the first frame of his idle animation where he just stands there with no animation. During the whole time the camera is stuck where it starts and the counter is stuck to three.

And let me guess, there is a target icon in the top left of the screen. Believe me, it's not just with kirby. I have reported it before, you just gotta wait, because it unfreezes after some time.

No, I have tried almost all the other characters. It is literally just kirby who causes this glitch. And it's not the game crashes on the first frame of the online match where nothing happens. Kirby's intro animation plays so it's something different from the one with other characters. In matches with others I played Sora and if they had a good connection I would try Kirby, and this exact glitch I describe takes place.

Anything I do is because of boredom.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:55 am

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Sora's Blizzard gives characters the "fire" effect.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:12 am

I dunno if someone has mentioned this on here or any other thread, but the computers keep committing suicide when I 1v1 them. Examples include Tails with his glide-flying, and Chibi Robo with his continuous side special off the stage.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:07 pm

Linux version
Ubuntu 16.04

When I double click the executable, precisely nothing happens. When I rename run to run.swf and drag it to Firefox or Chromium (yes, I have the latest Flash Player updates), the browser simply re-downloads the file, and the Video program tries to play it.
When I open a terminal in the relevant folder and try sudo ./SSF2 it says './data/fp: error while loading shared libraries: libssl3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'
So fp can't access the relevant library, and with apt-file search I KNOW that it's on my computer in various directories. How do I get it to direct properly?

edit: I pasted a libssl3.so into my lib folder, and now I get './data/fp: error while loading shared libraries: libssl3.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64'
So apparently I need the 32 bit version of libssl3.so ???

Edit: I've got that down, somehow, and the console moved on to the error message: ./data/fp: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
So I sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386
I got some module loading errors, so I ran 'sudo apt-get install libcanberra-gtk*'

ONE STEP AT A TIME, other errors, but I focused on one this round:
The terminal outputs a ton of '(fp:2566): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",'

So I installed the 32 bit version of gtk2-engines-murrine: sudo apt-get install --reinstall gtk2-engines-murrine:i386

Then I dealt with
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
by doing sudo apt-get install libcanberra-gtk-module:i386
Presumably, that installs the 32 bit version of the canberra gtk module.

As of this edit, I'm working on getting the other 32 bit gtk modules I need:
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"

There's also

(fp:2863): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: instance with invalid (NULL) class pointer

(fp:2863): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_handlers_disconnect_matched: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

BUT ONE STEP AT A TIME, I'll work on these after I get those modules installed, if I CAN

GOSH DANG 32 BIT SSF2 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:31 pm

MGN Username: eLys|Naru
Waifu: None
After playing for a while on GCC with SSF2, having 2 shield buttons sometimes causes the game to constantly input shield.

~Naru

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Alright. I posted this already back in 0.9, but the "issue" still hasn't been fixed yet, so let me re-roll that ol' tape.
There is a funny, technically minor, but powerful-if-well-used glitch I found with Samus.

If you drop a bomb (down-special), and jump off the ground JUST as it explodes (you will know if you did it right since Samus then performs a normal-jump despite being hit by the bomb), the next aerial move you perform will lock you in your current vertical position for the length of the animation. This also applies to grounded bomb-drops (Samus will just float 2 feet above the ground instead of dropping to the ground).

I'm not sure if it is frame-perfect, but the window of time to perform it is very small.

As mentioned before, this glitch seems minor, but it helps Samus' air maneuverability quite a lot. The glitch is quick to do (meaning you can do it after knocking away an opponent instead of charging her arm cannon), and it lets you hover (pretty powerful dodging ability) and place your down-air spike move with ease.

Video : https://youtu.be/p5jJhGydGN0 (My internet is slow, it may be up 2-3 hours after posting this).
Edit : Behold my optimism. I'll need to let the video upload OVERNIGHT

Have a good day!

Last edited by Kowsto on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:22 pm

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, seeing as it's been like that since 1.0, but I wanted to say it anyways:

BM's DownB (Meteor) cannot be aimed like it could in 0.9b. I can understand it being removed but I'm really curious about it being just a bug or you guys deciding to take it out entirely.

ImageImageImageImage

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:56 pm

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
Mysteric wrote:
Naru wrote:
:isaac: is indeed bugged with his Neutral B. Does crazy knockback as soon as someone is hit upward or to the sides.

It lets him kill Puff with Down Tilt at 14% on the top Battlefield platform.

To be fair, that is Jiggs we're talking:

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:16 pm

MGN Username: BluFira
Currently Playing: SSF2
Waifu: Mine's a husbando.
Is this a bug? lol

Having a bad computer doesn't stop me from wrecking my friends in local multiplayer
Online play is another story tho :P

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:33 am

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
I don't know.
Maybe provide some context releating to that image?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:43 am

MGN Username: BluFira
Currently Playing: SSF2
Waifu: Mine's a husbando.
TheBlue10 wrote:
I don't know.
Maybe provide some context releating to that image?

This is how it went:
Dash -> grab Bowser and Up throw immediately -> slide off platform (Dash momentum) -> throw animation continued for random reasons

Having a bad computer doesn't stop me from wrecking my friends in local multiplayer
Online play is another story tho :P

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:52 am

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
in classic mode,
if you're on your last stock and then you fail the target or crystal game, it counts as failing classic mode.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:33 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Clarkalexander
Currently Playing: Whoa im playing video games
Waifu: Luigi
Everytime i tried to login in online mode i get a connection timeout

Edit- this problem is only happening to me and not anyone else and my internet connection is pretty fast

Edit2- whoops! my mistake online is actually working just not in my country

Last edited by Clark on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:03 am, edited 6 times in total.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:14 am

MGN Username: Polaristar

I have no idea how this happened, since I wasn't recording before the incident. However, I do remember that right before this, Kirby used his Copy ability, and then the camera suddenly focused on him. Once I paused and unpaused, it was focused on me.

Video: : https://youtu.be/CD7QspT5BOI

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:22 am

MGN Username: Jobin
Currently Playing: FusionFall
Waifu: Sandbag
I can't really say for sure if this is a bug/oversight or just meant to happen.

In Metal Cavern, Ichigo can clip through the right side of the stage via D-Smash if he's specific in his placement near the ledge. The best way to trigger it is to grab the ledge and then jump straight up. He'll be able to land back on the stage and perform the clip, but it can be done without doing the ledge jump (I found it on accident when training against CPUs). You won't be able to perform it if you do something like roll back to the end of the stage (unless, again, it's in a specific place, you can roll to it as long as you don't turn around) or use a dash/d-tilt. It's very specific.

EDIT: You could also F-Smash your way to the end and perform the clip. Just finding more ways to do this as I edit it, lol.

Main Man: :sora:
Side Chick: :sandbag:
Hoping for: [jojo reference]

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:02 pm
 [ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 106  Next