The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:55 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 95  Next
The Legend of Zelda 

Reix wrote:
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/aonuma-may-consider-princess-zelda-to-feature-in-her-own-game-if-people-have-strong-feelings-about-it/

So this might be a thing...

I give all my blessings to this idea pending execution

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
But didn't Zelda have her own game already?
YouTube Video:

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:31 am

Sir Raptor wrote:
But didn't Zelda have her own game already?
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O_ZPR2q7cg ]

I'm aware you're making a joke, but for the lesser educated, those games are not canon and are not recognized by Nintendo.

We are aware of their existence, but we don't pay attention to them.

Also, they have a stunning lack of Sheik.

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/

Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:57 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Reix wrote:
We are aware of their existence, but we don't pay attention to them.

As a matter of fact Nintendo themselves don't even pay attention to them.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:08 am

Ziku wrote:
Reix wrote:
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/aonuma-may-consider-princess-zelda-to-feature-in-her-own-game-if-people-have-strong-feelings-about-it/

yeah I forgot

they're not allowed to make video games unless they have your blessings, are they?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:53 am

Kyuubit wrote:
Ziku wrote:
Reix wrote:

yeah I forgot

they're not allowed to make video games unless they have your blessings, are they?

Explain to me where in that sentence I said they did

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:30 pm
Site Moderator

Ziku wrote:

I know you're kind of new to MG but,

you should not take certain posts 100% seriously.

Personally I don't think a Zelda game with a Zelda protagonist would be all that interesting, I'd rather just see some more innovative gameplay mechanics rather then a radical change in story.

Last edited by Steven on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:48 pm

Ziku wrote:

Please look at my sig. It's there for a reason.

No, not the cute anime girl. No, not the games I'm playing. No, not the links to my pages on other websites.

Above those links. Below those games. There's something it says.

Read it. Read it again. Tell me what it says.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Steven wrote:
Ziku wrote:

I know you're kind of new to MG but,

you should not take certain posts 100% seriously.

Personally I don't think a Zleda game with a Zelda protagonist would be all that interesting, I'd rather just see some more innovative gameplay mechanics rather then a radical change in story.

I think the end result would result in very different gameplay with a radically different story, but a Zelda story nonetheless. It'd be a nice change of pace for the 'Save the Princess' story.

Referring to the Zelda AU I mentioned earlier, http://dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/477 ... ame-tropes, his reimagining puts Zelda a magic using stealth ninja. Considering she is a powerful mage (Not that that ever actually works out for her...) and the whole Sheik thing, that doesn't seem far off.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:04 pm
Site Moderator

But when, pray tell, was she established as a 'powerfull mage'? She does posses magic yes, but when in the series did she ever use it as a means of combat (or anything aside from unlocking doors and keepin Gannon at bay for short periods of time), or use it to engage in any other activities that would lead her to meet the criteria of 'a powerfull mage' (Smash Bros. does not count).

I would much prefer that they just expirimented more with armours with different effects and moves for Link, and a variety of new tools and alternative weapons. I would much prefer if they gave the dungeons and the equipement a breathe of fresh air.

I would however, like to see Zelda in a more active role, either as Sheik or her own identity, similair to the beginning of Skyward Sword, if only as a party member or AI that follows you around (Spirit Tracks did osmething like that iirc).

I personally think that the series is getting slightly repetitive, but making a game with Zelda as the protagonist would not be the optimal solution to that problem, in my opinion.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Steven wrote:
But when, pray tell, was she established as a 'powerfull mage'? She does posses magic yes, but when in the series did she ever use it as a means of combat (or anything aside from unlocking doors and keepin Gannon at bay for short periods of time), or use it to engage in any other activities that would lead her to meet the criteria of 'a powerfull mage' (Smash Bros. does not count).

I would much prefer that they just expirimented more with armours with different effects and moves for Link, and a variety of new tools and alternative weapons. I would much prefer if they gave the dungeons and the equipement a breathe of fresh air.

I would however, like to see Zelda in a more active role, either as Sheik or her own identity, similair to the beginning of Skyward Sword, if only as a party member or AI that follows you around (Spirit Tracks did osmething like that iirc).

I personally think that the series is getting slightly repetitive, but making a game with Zelda as the protagonist would not be the optimal solution to that problem, in my opinion.

The whole mage thing definitely doesn't translate into gameplay, does it?
It's canon that at least the OoT Zelda is a Great Sage, and she could hold Beast Ganon down with powerful light magic, plus transforming into Sheik is a product of magic. (She didn't only open doors.) The Hylian Royal Family would likely have her trained in all sorts of things as self defense, like when she had a sword in TP, albeit she realized using it would be pointless. She's a mage, but I think people prefer Link kicking a** to a side character. Storywise she's actually a competent fighter, gameplay wise she's support.

I would imagine new weapons and tools will come around with the use of the WiiU Tablet. The Zelda team spends a lot of time integrating the console hardware into the gear, like the Tingle Tuner for the Gameboy/Gamecube attachment, and the Wii Motion Plus being the main selling point for SS.

Spirit Tracks had her as a battle partner. She was a giant metal suit that slashed stuff with a giant sword for 90% of the game. More stuff like that and the final battle in WW where she took an active role would be much appreciated.

If the article is anything to go by, it would be a spin off, and not a full thing. It wouldn't replace anything, it would be more like pandering to the fans. Production wouldn't stop on the other games.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:24 pm
Site Moderator

I think it'd be really cool if they actually played a bit with the time concept again, like in Majora's Mask. Maybe a concept similair to the Future-Vision from Sam&Max Season 3, wherein looking into the future helps you solve puzzles.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Steven wrote:
I think it'd be really cool if they actually played a bit with the time concept again, like in Majora's Mask. Maybe a concept similair to the Future-Vision from Sam&Max Season 3, wherein looking into the future helps you solve puzzles.

Link to the past?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:34 pm
Site Moderator

Maybe she could complete dungeons in her own way, helping out Link through his path in it like she did as Sheik.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Green Mage wrote:
Maybe she could complete dungeons in her own way, helping out Link through his path in it like she did as Sheik.

Any of you remember the Sage Temples in WW where you controlled Makar and Medli along with Link to solve puzzles?
Maybe an updated version of that, using Link's tools and Zelda's Magic?

Seriously Nintendo, hire some of us.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 pm
 [ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 95  Next