The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:25 pm

[ 14 posts ] 
chain grabbing 

MGN Username: squirtkipfan0
Currently Playing: TF2, terraria, ssf2, fire emblem(various ones), other things
Waifu: jenny wakeman
didn't know where to place this but it must be said, chain grabbing is a crime and needs to be fixed asap. Tired of playing against marth players who just constantly down grab, jab, down grab, jab while I have no input of getting free.
the bane of my existence: :marth:

reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)
Too spammable for my liking: Bomb Arrows

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:37 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
First of all, its down throw, not grab :chibirobo: The only down grab in the game belongs to Chibi.

To adress your issue - thats a techchase, not a chaingrab. And from your description you really suck at teching, so naturally thats a free Jab Reset -> regrab. Dont blame the game for you messing up

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:02 pm

^this, also doesn't matter if there's a chaingrab or not, it's your fault for getting grabbed/put in that situation.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:19 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
You mean tech-chasing and no.

DI-down or DI-down-away and tech-early. This will always put Marth at a frame-disadvantage, and on many characters, makes it impossible for him to jab-regrab.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:31 pm

I use side-B and regrab, which covers tech in place and sometimes tech away with no DI, so you might want to tech in. I don't think anyone has DI'd down against me yet, though.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:52 pm

shoulda figured I would just a get reply essentially saying 'git gud'. Sever lack of helpful advice of any sort. And down throw, down grab, WHO CARES! Its still annoying! :hmph:

reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:07 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Well the answer to just about anything in this game is git gud if we are being 100% honest. Seriously. Dont like that your opponent keeps edgeguarding your Kirby? Git gud. You cant close out stocks with DK? Git gud. Of course it goes further than that and those examples are pretty bull on purpose, but the general idea still remains - if you have issues with something, there is a 99.999% chance that there is something you can do to avoid, counter or weaken whatever gives you trouble.

As for us not giving advice, lets see what we got...

Zalo: DI down/down and away, tech early to put Marth at a frame disadvantage (which means you can act before Marth gets a regrab)

bunq: tech in to avoid Side B techchases/Jab Resets.

firewater: dont get grabbed (kinda lame at first glance, but surprisingly effective once you start to look behind that)

myself: start teching, and for Chibis sake be unpredictable with your tech rolls/techs in place. Keep the Marth guessing as much as you can without becoming predictable or falling into a pattern.

But yeah, all we did was tell you to git gud and be a grammar nazi about terminology, amirite? We cant do much more than give you hints on what to do. Whatever you do with that advice, and that includes completely ignoring it, is entirely your choice. But please, dont ask for help and then get mad when you have 4 different people reply to your thread trying to help. Thats just immature and being a major douche.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:46 pm

I applaud your immense knowledge on my problem, and apologize on my offputting tone.
No seriously thank you, I should have been reasonable :oops:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:01 pm

To be fair I should have gone more into detail with my response.

That being said one thing when you play chars that are very susceptible to getting grabbed, is you stay out of that range, you use your attacks that aren't simple to punish, and you make the other person commit to try and grab you- This also can be used as a baiting opportunity, if the other person knows they can get you in a tech/CG situation to try and bait them into being too aggressive and you being able to punish them in response. Another thing that can be exploited with this situation is if the person focuses too much on the grab they may lose out on other, more effective ways to kill or hit you.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:20 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
People who admit mistakes on the Internet? Someone pinch me!

Hijacking the thread: are there any legit chaingrabs that go to really high percents? Off the top of my head the worst chaingrab I can think of is something like Fox on Fox, but I don't think that works at 0 (although you can put something else in between to make it link). Last version Samus v Fox was a 0-death, and I don't think there's anything quite that rage-inducing (although it was essentially soft-banned, so I'm complaining about nothing).

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:59 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
People who admit mistakes on the Internet? Someone pinch me!

Hijacking the thread: are there any legit chaingrabs that go to really high percents? Off the top of my head the worst chaingrab I can think of is something like Fox on Fox, but I don't think that works at 0 (although you can put something else in between to make it link). Last version Samus v Fox was a 0-death, and I don't think there's anything quite that rage-inducing (although it was essentially soft-banned, so I'm complaining about nothing).

DK has some on certain characters (fastfallers, heavies) but those don't go to higher percents on their own- instead after you get the other person out of regrab percent the last uthrow/cargo uthrow is guaranteed to start his regular comboes. That being said I need to test it more.

Black Mage kinda has one w. Uthrow, Goku has something with uthrow I think, Pika might on fast fallers, Falcon does on heavies. But I doubt w/o poor DI any CG in Beta goes super far/something like 0-death area.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:53 pm

squirtkipfan0 wrote:
didn't know where to place this but it must be said, chain grabbing is a crime and needs to be fixed asap. Tired of playing against marth players who just constantly down grab, jab, down grab, jab while I have no input of getting free.

old marth was much worse.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:47 am

ss4chris wrote:
squirtkipfan0 wrote:

old marth was much worse.

Don't remind me
:cry:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:46 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Marth was bad (by bad I mean annoying)but Zelda made me quit this game for a bit tbh

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:24 am
 [ 14 posts ]