The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:18 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
[RP] A Limitless Space Opera: Estiga Unbeknownst 

Heyz guys, got another Space RP idea, though, unlike Steel MADE Flesh, it's not totally mech based (in truth, making it an easier thing to accomplish). Though that still means mechs do have something to do with it, but not much. They more or less are rarely used in the RP as weapons and placeholders.

Scenario:
EM (Endless Millennium): 6900
Earth is a now faction split, war torn planet barely full of life. Most humans have left the planet, hoping to find safe refuge in the large, unused International Space Station. As the droves of people reach the station, they continue to live under the rule of their factions, some of which have uprooted their bases into the space around the Earth. However, the feuding between the factions has also been uprooted to space, and territory has already been claimed, though there are no markers up yet, stating whose is whose.
Months after the people moved to the station, problems between factions began to arise. Only a couple of days later, a suicide attack struck the station, blowing it up. However, a retired Frigate captain, Leonard, and his Cyborg assistant, Seter, save a group of refugees from the station collapse and hijacked a military cruiser with them. Problems will most likely arise because many are from different factions, and the military will be after them, but if they work together, they can survive, and go towards the promised planet. Codenamed: Estiga Unbeknownst.

So, most the the RP is spent on the ship (Think of a small scale Hiryuu), though, you are able to get off an explore around the various outposts and stations the group happens stumble upon. As I said before, mechs will be used, but barely. You don't have them at the beginning, but you can stumble upon them in deep space, or buy them at certain outposts.*cough*Ablackmarketcolony*cough* Along with those, you also can find upgrades for the cruiser at the outposts and stations too. However, you'd need to have either Leonard or Seter to go along with you because you alone can't bring it back to the ship (I think this might force people to join together in groups when they go shopping). However, don't always expect the places to be peaceful, as they're run by certain factions, and depending on which faction your character is part of decides their response to your appearance. Also, expect battles in space.
The groups associations with each faction will either raise or lower their hostilities towards you. Let's say you stole something valuable from a faction. This might raise their hostilities against your group, but it could lower hostilities with another. Another example is if you had a large amount of people who were in a faction hated by the faction confronting you. This could anger them to an intense level and have them attack you with much force. You need to remember that if the ship is destroyed, the entire RP is over. Don't try to ruin it for the others and think wisely.
Though, you don't have to follow with the group's common goals. You can sabotage as much as you like. However, you just have to remember that what you do reflects upon the group as a whole. Also, things like attempted assassinations of certain faction members can reflect poorly upon the NPCs of the group, and maybe even the players. You can act like how the rest of your faction acts, or you can be different from them, and be kind to a member of a rival faction.
Basically, everything you do has a large effect on the experience you and the others will have during the RP.

Now, if I can continue...
Faction listings:
Rallists: The faction that believes that whatever is done by a member, must be done for the good of the entire faction, and everyone in it. An action not benefiting the faction is prohibited by the law, and death is the penalty. Has extreme dislike for all other factions.
Most volatile faction to face off against.

Mechniciz: The faction devoted entirely to technology and machines. Most likely the best faction to buy spare parts from. Believes in the ideology of refitting the body with mechanical parts, and worships the goddess of machines, Enia. Is at odds with Organica, for machine vs. organics reasons, and Orvillism, because Mechniciz believes a utopia is not possible.

Organica: The faction in which all members believe that nature and the earth hold all secrets to life and power. Is the only faction which didn't choose to leave earth, believing it is still sacred. Members who are in space were dragged away from the Earth against their will, and hate all cold steel and machines. Is at odds with Mechniciz, for organics vs. machines reasons.
Least dangerous faction.

Orvillism: The faction devoted to spreading a peaceful, utopia to the farthest reaches of space. They believe that the utopia can only be created from the ashes of humanity, as the new, intellegent, and perfect beings will arise from the debris if the old world and create the new utopia. They believe that they must also die to be reborn, and therefore, are like suicide bombers.
Also known as the most s*** loony faction around.

Now, for the NPCs:
Leonard
Faction: N/A
A retired Frigate captain passing his prime age, he saved the group from death on the ISS, and is taking them with him to Estiga Unbeknownst. He is rash and hotheaded most fo the time, and is always seen smoking a cigar. He pilots the craft.
He has few wrinkles for his age, and is bald. He hides his baldness under his navy hat, and has a gray handlebar mustache connected to his sideburns (Think of Lemmy from Motorhead). He wears a long white captain's coat, puffy white pants, and black work boots.

Seter
Age: 89 (Perpetually suck at 39 because of his cyborg rebirth)
Faction: Mechniciz
Leonard's cyborg friend, who has known Leonard for over 40 years, making him the older of the two. He is cool and collected, and rarely speaks louder than indoor level. He is the mechanic on the ship, and states that he built his cyborg body.
He still has his youthful looks of age 39 when he became a cyborg, giving him few wrinkles. He is clean shaven (due to the fact that his bodily functions have ceased to perform), and his has simple short brown hair. He wears a black body suit, which hides his mechanical functions, though at times, you can see the pistons moving and the glowing core in his chest area.

Melody
Faction: N/A (but she believes in the Organica ideals)
Melody is Leonard's daughter. She is a unorthodox and fit youth who can be seen taking a cigar from Leonard's cabin and smoking it when no one is around. She controls most of the battle and system data.
Melody has a youthful complexion, not unlike Seter. She has a ponytail of brown hair and wears a white and red gown and combat boots. Melody doesn't trim her nails often, and uses them as a weapon if she gets pissed off.

By the way, I won't be participating as a player character, but as the NPCs instead.

Now, moving on to the mechs. When the RP starts out, the group has access to one mech, the Gespent Type-RV (heh, I would have drawn mechs for this, but unless you want the quality of the Super Mecha comic...), which uses a cannon as a weapon.
Basically, for when you find mechs, you have Seter take a look at them, and he'll tell you the stats and weapons it uses. If you're not into it, you can skip out on it. Also, on the amount of mechs in the hold: There isn't a whole lot of space in the cruiser's hold (most of the space of the ship will be taken up by the engines, which can help if you need a quick getaway from a hostile faction.), and the max of units is about 4. However, instead of selling units to get more space (which you totally can do), you can buy more cargo hold for the ship. In reality, it doesn't add too much. It's just one upgrade that gives you the max of 5 mechs. Also, some mechs are bigger than others, and take up more space in the Cargo hold, So before you pick up that GaoGaiGar or Voltron sized mech, remember that you only have so much room. Seter will tell you how much space a mech will take up.
Now for the parts you can buy to enhance the cruiser.When you go to a certain outpost or station, you have an option to buy parts from that place. Now you can take either Leonard or Seter to these locations and still be able to buy anything, unlike the mechs where you have to bring Seter. At these shops, you can buy a variety of ship upgrades, such as the cargo hold upgrade, engine upgrades, weapon upgrades, repair upgrades (for reparing the mechs, parts of the ship, and it even doubles as a medical function for people.), etc. With all these, upgrades you'll be buying, it probably seems like it'll be confusing to know what you have. However, I'll be keeping a list of what was bought on my computer with me, so you know if you bought something already or not.
Now that I'm getting into buying, I should also explain the monetary system. The currency has advanced from separate currency to universal currency, called Credits (yes, I know it's been used in many Science Fiction movies and stories, but it's the best example of spacial currency). You earn these credits from selling items found on your journey and attacking and pillaging outposts. Also, when you sell mechs, remember that the older it is and the more wrecked it is, the less you'll get from it. This is especially important at the beginning because your repair tools aren't as powerful, and can't repair as much damages as some mechs that you find floating in deep space have.

Just thought of some new information to add about random encounters with the different lifeforms in space. Yes, I said lifeforms, why wouldn't there be more than just humanity out in space? Well, moving on to this subject, as you leave the Earthly areas, you'll meet less humans and more alien life compared to what the group is used to. While I won't go into detail about these different lifeforms, as there are just too many to explain about, and which ones you meet are decided by the path your group chooses to take in space. As an example, ley's say you decided to venture through the heart of the celestial bodies of the asteroid belt. You'd meet plenty of humans on most asteroids, but there are plenty of Morphic aliens to meet, which are hybrids. These hybrids can be of anything from animal to animal hybrids to human to animal hybrids. In the RP, there is said to be a Morphic race which is a hybrid grouping of humans and cats (no, don't give me some OMG CATGURLZ joke, this is plain serious. These aren't your Animu/Gaming cat humanoids.. They don't have naked human skin, but instead are human-like creatures with more cat like features than human features.)
Basically, to make it simple, there are three basic archetypes of aliens: The Morphic, The Lystins (which is a race of aliens with no facial features or reproductive organs, they asexually reproduce.), The RUYS (A type that began to small one celled organisms, but they built large steel plated and mechanical bodies.), and lastly, The Estiga (The last type of alien originally found on the promised planet Estiga Unbeknownst, though many have migrated after being exiled. They created the planet from artificial materials, making it a true paradise. They appear as spirit-like forms, but have a solid body. They are also closest the looking Human, but are much paler.)
This is only a basic archetype list though, as you can find different variations of them, so many, that I'd rather not go into detail.

Next, I want to explain in a little more detail about the decision and consequences process. You decide most of the choices made on and off the ship, as I am simply the GM who is in charge of the NPCs, nothing else. Minor decisions (as in non-event decisions) have improvised consequences, which I think up as a natural response as a normal RPer would. However, for the event based ones, there are detailed preset paths that fit into categories that the decisions are grouped in. I can't explain much about these, because if I tell you an event, I would have to give away details that could ruin the story, so I'll explain another way.
Let's use a example I've thought of right now: A Large Cocoon has entered space before you. In the cocoon are millions of tiny little alien creatures that can eat your ship quickly. You are to make a decision and come to an agreement with the group. Let's use the decision of sending out a decoy and using the warp drive capabilities to escape, which fits into the "run away" category. Now past events will also determine what happens after you decide. Let's say your warp drive is busted, so now, you can't escape from the cocoon with a warp drive. You are given another important decision making time, and so on and so forth.
The events are branched out depending on the outcome of the last event, giving a RP experience which I hope is fresh and enjoyable. Each event also leads to complications, and can either hinder or quicken your process through the journey.

I'm pretty sure I put down all the info you guys need, so just take a look, and if you find anything missing, just send me a PM and I'll fix that.
________

Since I'm actually starting my plan for this soon, I just want to place down the Bio part, just to explain some more parts of the RP

Name:
Age: I'm going to be taking away an age limit. You can choose to have your character any age starting from 6. This makes it seem more like there are actual refugees on the ship. You can be a child without a mother or father, or have two characters, a child and a mother/father, and you can have an old man as well. (though his abilities will be less than of a normal person, same with a child.)
Faction:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
_____

That is the last bit of changes added to the RP, now it can be started in the future if successful in idea form.
_____

User: Dragon Fang
Name:Rickon Usaraki
Faction: None
Appearance: white skin, Black short hair, Brown eyes, Brown jacket, Black jeans, Fingerless brown leather gloves, Calm look on his face.
Personality: He doesn't like to waste time and always wants to finish things directly and act to things seriously.
Background: He was originally a pirate he left his ship to make a new start, He was lonely on his childhood since his big brother left and he never saw him again and his parents were killed in a merchant ship, He was able to hide from the pirates and was rescued after being alone there, He became a pirate to find the killer of his parents or at least find his brother, He doesn't like pirates and was not popular with them He doesn't think that there is any hope for a new future.

Last edited by A Cat on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:11 am
Site Moderator

Why not add some sort of human-sized battle armor?

Minus that (crappy) idea, so what's this "promised planet"? Or is it just a dream the characters have? Oh and with the "stumbling around in deep space" mech find, would that possibly mean any aliens about or just people dumping them out?

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:38 am

Green Mage wrote:
Why not add some sort of human-sized battle armor?

Minus that (crappy) idea, so what's this "promised planet"? Or is it just a dream the characters have? Oh and with the "stumbling around in deep space" mech find, would that possibly mean any aliens about or just people dumping them out?

I was debating that battle armor idea, seeing as logically, it would be hard to use in space with no kind of boosters at all. Maybe I could have it as the ship launching you, but it's still undecided.

Basically, the planet is a reason for the existence of the journey they take in general. It drives Leonard's motives in both rescuing the group and finding a better life. However, the fact that it's a real thing or not is to be found out in the RP

And with the mechs in space. Either they were found as defective and thrown out (in which you can have Seter fix them up), or you find them as ruined war machines. In fact, when you find them damaged, you might also still find the pilot alive. However, if there was one in there, he'd have to be approached in caution.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Will there be sspace superiority fighters?

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:16 am

Thaiberium wrote:
Will there be sspace superiority fighters?

Depends on what you mean

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Singleseater spacecraft designed for the aforementioned role.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:31 am

I like it, At first I thought that steel made flesh would be better but you proved that this will be better.
But can you explain more about the tech they have like engines and weapons?

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:25 am

Thaiberium wrote:
Singleseater spacecraft designed for the aforementioned role.

Well, they would be implemented as ships used by most hostiles, but not as much used by the main group. The mechs and spacecraft run off different fuel, Gas for the spacecraft and Nuclear Rays for the mechs. Of course, gas would be expensive, so a small group wouldn't be using things running on gas.

Dragon fang wrote:
I like it, At first I thought that steel made flesh would be better but you proved that this will be better.
But can you explain more about the tech they have like engines and weapons?

Well, engines are split into two categories: Organic and Inorganic. The Organic engines run on either solar Power or Nuclear rays (which doesn't need to be refined at all, making it cheaper), while Inorganic runs on Gas, which needs to be refined. Besides those two main categories, the only differences in Engines are their power and energy usage. However, engines won't be put into much detail, as unless the engine of the cruiser dies, you won't need to worry about an engine.
Weapons are the basic types you see in Science Fiction settings. From the basic conventional weapons used by civilians, to laser cannons used by ships.
It's more focused on those two types, though I might throw plasma weapons in sometimes.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:44 pm

Topic bumped with new information.

EDIT: Added final information needed, the Bio.

Now, if it pleases you, you may ask questions in full.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:02 pm
Site Admin

I think I'll attempt to join this...try something different for a change...

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:15 pm

another update (and the final, I hope...) to the information, adding a video which explains how everything will be kept track of.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Is there gonna be a map of the ship, or no?

Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Noob wrote:
Is there gonna be a map of the ship, or no?

It's not necessary, it's a straightforward ship. Most of it is taken up by the equipment and machinery of the ship.
Just a small scale map of the main floor:

The Hangar is just below the main floor, and it's the only other floor you set foot on. No map is needed for it though.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:58 pm

K, I'll give you my Character tomorrow, save me a spot kthxbai.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Don't know much about mecha, but I suppose I could try.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:50 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next