The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:38 pm

[ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia XIII [Mods vs Users] 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Most credit goes to Riku. TBH all i did was create the Dephius and DJ roles along with starting the days when Riku couldn't. Made for some good modding experience though.

AMA

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Comments Time!

General Comments:
I think the setup was fairly balanced. Town had a set of easily confirmable roles while the mafia had a ton of members and powers. The SK was especially powerful to compensate for both, and I for one thought the SK would easily win by:
Stealing Kiki's powers N1.
"Recruiting" Terra N2.
Stealing Dephius' powers N3.
Makes him a Self-Watcher Roleblocker Commuter on Odd Nights and allows him to control three votes and have a practically one-shot daycop. Lolwhat?
Town play was quite bad IMO. Too inactive, saw nearly zero scumhunting. All the mafia needed to do was lurk and occasionally post.
Easily confirmable roles for the town if they actually bothered. They didn't.
And ugh my exquisitely detailed fakeclaims were never used. Flavor and everything I did.

Individual Comments:
Lightning-You didn't do as well with the PR as I hoped, but night actions were OK I guess.
i think cactus is scum
what town would just lurk through every
day only scum would try
It sounds weird but it's supposed to. Anyway, consistent job again.
Cactus-Ugh. Don't like lurking. I need you to be more active. If you can't find time, then it's best that you don't play too much.
keyblade-Don't claim unless you have to(except in really rare situations). Do more scumhunting. That's it really.
Nixter-When I put the wincon as a fakeclaim in your PM, it's best if you use it. You did fairly well D1 but JC's accusation really threw you off guard. If you feel surprised, step back from your computer for a while and think.
Dephius-Some nice play diverting attention from you, and nice job predicting that the mafia would use the strongman kill on Infinity. Still need to be far more engaging though, see TOWK's MG 11 play for an example.
JamesClyde-Yes, I know, blame me for a lousy fakeclaim. You had all MG to claim and you used mine? Nevertheless, just chill and you should be fine, though I have to congratulate you on successfully figuring out the 3P without looking at my modnotes.
King Arthur-Please don't self-hammer ever again. Nevertheless, your night actions were meh. You need to realize that you surviving may not be as good as getting information.
Infinity-Read Role PMs more carefully plox. Don't quickhammer, and otherwise you did fine. Just realize that you need to voice out opinions all the time.
Thomas Terminator-You can in late so w/e but you need to scumhunt more.
DJ Wizard Cop-Well done. Against a strong town and a stronger SK you did well, though I wish you did a bit more scumhunting to throw the town off.
Brikmaninoff-Argh. Your flashes of brilliance at times really made sure you won, especially the fake PRs.
Fly or Die-Don't rely on your ability. Instead, rely on good ol' scumhunting.
Deciton_Reven-Probably the best new player. Wish you were more active, and massclaim D5 may have been a good idea.
kyuubit-The mafia saw you as enough of a threat to roleblock you N1. Good second game, though I wish you quoted more and used perfect syntax.
Crabby-Your luck. Sheerluck Holmes indeed.
Densetsu-Interesting to see you with a PR you didn't know. Please, don't call it voteblocking. If you ever need to prove yourself, counter points and start attacking others, in a manner similar to how TOWK argued that he wasn't suspicious in 11.
DarkWolf93-Come on, post more. Can't say anything otherwise.

You have NO IDEA how long this took. Awards next, though coming tomorrow.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
Why were millers told they were millers? Isn't that...unusual.

And yes, I did much less scumhunting than I should have this game.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:50 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Riku wrote:
Comments Time!

General Comments:
I think the setup was fairly balanced. Town had a set of easily confirmable roles while the mafia had a ton of members and powers. The SK was especially powerful to compensate for both, and I for one thought the SK would easily win by:
"Recruiting" Terra N2.
Makes him a Self-Watcher Roleblocker Commuter on Odd Nights and allows him to control three votes and have a practically one-shot daycop. Lolwhat?
Town play was quite bad IMO. Too inactive, saw nearly zero scumhunting. All the mafia needed to do was lurk and occasionally post.
And ugh my exquisitely detailed fakeclaims were never used. Flavor and everything I did.

Objection!

And what are the odds of the SK actually doing that?

Now that I read Nixter's role:
-First, Nix practically has no way to actually get someone useful on his side. The only sure way he has to actually know what a player does involves his first ability, and that makes results public! If he revealed a Mafiosi, he wouldn't get anything from it (as it would be lynched). If he revealed a town player, the usual WIFOM would start: Mafia trying to kill the revealed player when chances are the doctor is on him or trying to get another kill assuming the doctor might be on him, while the doctor himself asking if he should protect it or not, because there's not a sure way to know if he's going to be killed or not that night. The SK would need to figure out the outcome to actually try to convert that player. And even then, having the ability to reveal roles, chances are Mafia would try to find the source on that ability by themselves and kill him.

-Nix would die if targets a mafia player during one night using his converting ability. If you can get one-shot abilities from the Mafia without dying, why would you even use this ability instead, unless it's in the very end of the game, where chances are you can win by yourself alone anyway? Also, notice how Nix can get kill abilities from the Mafia (the only ability he can't get is Mafia communication).

-Under these situation, it's better for him to try using the odd-night 1-shot absortion at random, without having to deal with the possibility of dying because of targetting a Mafia player, rendering half of his abilities useless.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Currently Playing: SFV-FI: Shenanigans
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to replace me with Keyblade, no offense to him but that was just horrible playing on your behalf.
I'm Town.
Anyways good game guys.
I'm Town.

(This is the only recorded instance of this happening)

Term wrote:
i am a huge advocate of your right to whine like a b****

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i have problems with colors

i mean i have problems in general but colors tend to be a recurring issue

Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:05 am

194 wrote:
Riku wrote:
Comments Time!

General Comments:
"Recruiting" Terra N2.

Objection!

And what are the odds of the SK actually doing that?

Now that I read Nixter's role:
-First, Nix practically has no way to actually get someone useful on his side. The only sure way he has to actually know what a player does involves his first ability, and that makes results public! If he revealed a Mafiosi, he wouldn't get anything from it (as it would be lynched). If he revealed a town player, the usual WIFOM would start: Mafia trying to kill the revealed player when chances are the doctor is on him or trying to get another kill assuming the doctor might be on him, while the doctor himself asking if he should protect it or not, because there's not a sure way to know if he's going to be killed or not that night. The SK would need to figure out the outcome to actually try to convert that player. And even then, having the ability to reveal roles, chances are Mafia would try to find the source on that ability by themselves and kill him.

-Nix would die if targets a mafia player during one night using his converting ability. If you can get one-shot abilities from the Mafia without dying, why would you even use this ability instead, unless it's in the very end of the game, where chances are you can win by yourself alone anyway? Also, notice how Nix can get kill abilities from the Mafia (the only ability he can't get is Mafia communication).

-Under these situation, it's better for him to try using the odd-night 1-shot absortion at random, without having to deal with the possibility of dying because of targetting a Mafia player, rendering half of his abilities useless.

Actually, I think my PM was outdated, which is why I sent for Nixter to have it back. It was not one-shot but instead could be used on odd nights forever.
The One-Shot DayCop thing was just a way to "confirm" the role, just in case the town started confirming everyone. He just had to pray that he hit the right person if he wanted their abilities for himself.
The Recruitment was just a way to help the Serial Killer in case he gets lynched lategame, effectively having two lives. Also it helps on odd nights if he somehow got Vesalius on his side.

And to your first point, I calculated the easiest way for him to win and altered stuff accordingly depending on how quickly and convincingly he could win.

Cactus wrote:
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to replace me with Keyblade, no offense to him but that was just horrible playing on your behalf.
I'm Town.
Anyways good game guys.
I'm Town.

He was next on the replacements list.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:11 am

kyuubit wrote:
also, just out of curiosity, what would have been the powers of the users that were deconfirmed in viewtopic.php?p=1145548#p1145548

Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:17 am

kyuubit wrote:
kyuubit wrote:
also, just out of curiosity, what would have been the powers of the users that were deconfirmed in viewtopic.php?p=1145548#p1145548

I was going to get to that.

That should have been a gigantic sign to everyone that says this:
"I'm going to take people I know well, so be cynical of anyone who claims someone who frequents sections I don't visit. "
Unfortunately this game didn't have as many claims as I had hoped....

Anyway, I've got a question for all of you:
Would anyone mind if I host a game of 5P Vengeful? After all, I only need five players, and it'll certainly be a refreshing change from the big games we're so used to. I could put it as "MG MINI MAFIA" to clearly distinguish it from our other games should I need to.
If not, so be it, as I've got yet another theme game up my sleeve. Just going to say that's it's related to Square Enix.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:52 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
If it's about Mini Mafia, I have another 5 players setup I'd like to try ;)
But I plan to host MG Mafia 14 if I win next game, so it would be stupid from me to host something now.
I think you should ask DJ Wiz.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:58 am

194 wrote:
But I plan to host MG Mafia 14 if I win next game, so it would be stupid from me to host something now.

Is it the EM Cop setup?

And I will ask DJ.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:10 am

Currently Playing: MELEE!!!!!!!!
194 wrote:

5 man??? 4 blues 1 maf? 3 blues 1 maf 1 cop?

Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:00 am
BR Member

Terra wrote:
Densetsu-Interesting to see you with a PR you didn't know.

?????
Terra wrote:
Please, don't call it voteblocking.

Never :eew:

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:42 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Felipe_9595 wrote:
194 wrote:

Vengeful is one 1 Godfather, 1 goon, 3 vengeful townies, fox only, final destination. (IIRC)

We actually have a skype group for hosting mini-mafia games that fell into disuse about 3 months ago.
Would be really cool if we could play a lot of short, 10>player games, since just about everyone in the world is on summer/Christmas vacation right now.

So, everyone, add me on skype (colonelbracket) and I'll add you to the group and as soon as enough of your friends are online, add them to one of your ridiculous set ups you want to try out and have a game.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:11 am

Currently Playing: MELEE!!!!!!!!
[:] wrote:
Felipe_9595 wrote:
194 wrote:

Vengeful is one 1 Godfather, 1 goon, 3 vengeful townies, fox only, final destination. (IIRC)

We actually have a skype group for hosting mini-mafia games that fell into disuse about 3 months ago.
Would be really cool if we could play a lot of short, 10>player games, since just about everyone in the world is on summer/Christmas vacation right now.

So, everyone, add me on skype (colonelbracket) and I'll add you to the group and as soon as enough of your friends are online, add them to one of your ridiculous set ups you want to try out and have a game.

You know, today i played the best 5 man setup ever ever. 1 nilla, 1 insane cop, 1 paranoid cop, 1 naive cop and 1 cop, its the best thing evah.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:34 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Oh, dethy. I want to play that sometime.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:10 pm
 [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next