The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:37 am

[ 1856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 124  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia XIV [Cowboys vs Cattlerustlers] 

Also pachino since I don't want you to be bored when you come back here's a reminder.
We want your reads and what you think of the current situation.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:54 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
Blood wrote:
King Arthur wrote:
Technically, I supposed his vengeance ability would be shouting out somebody's name to the crowd, and one of them vigilante-type folks would go after them. As for a bulletproof vest, wouldn't you wear one if you were the head of a town that was filled with Mafia, making you a high-profile target?

Yes, because when I think of mayors I don't think of just him wearing one bullet proof vest I see him wearing 2 bullet proof vest.
And in case sarcasm really doesn't translate well into the internet that was sarcasm. Once again the ability doesn't translate well with the role itself. Mayors wear suits and are usually protected by body guards. They have a power over the town folk and the way it's ran. If were really gonna take into account that each role can have a mind of it's own, and they're ability is determined by simulated thoughts then why doesn't the cop have a bullet proof vest? Why doesn't anyone has a bullet proof vest. After all they don't want to die. Do you get my point, you can't just make a role have a certain abilities based on simulated thought, it has to correspond to what the role is known for.
The vengeance thing is possible, but since WE are the entire town I find it unlikely that the mayor would have some secret person hidden somewhere.

For all we know, in this game, a bulletproof vest for a mayor is equal to a bodyguard.

Power over the town folk? HMM.

Blood, you just killed your own argument.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:56 pm

So your equating a bodyguard to a bulletproof vest? Unless someone has a bodyguard role i doubt that make sense. Also yes power over the townsfolk is there anything wrong with that? We are talking about the mayor after all.
Why don't you stop beating around the bush and tell me what's wrong with my arguement. Pachino's role does not correspond to his role and it's specifically designed so we don't lynch him. He lurks all the time and he has nothing on him.ignoring him would be a misstep especially if he is a mafia.
So unless pachino steps up and say something my votes staying on him.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:21 pm

DP in my last post replace role with abilities

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 pm

Currently Playing: Guns and Guitar.
Terra wrote:
The leader of the town. The guy.
If anything I could see governor, but eh, vengeful works too.
And I don't know about the BP, but eh.
Lemme give you more things where flavor didn't make sense:
My role, Terra, could direct a question to the moderator even though I only ask questions to the populace.
Cactus(role in 12) could being a random person in due to him creating a character in sense.

TL;DR-Flavor doesn't always make sense.

Blood's telling the truth: did reveal my role, but never quoted the role PM.

I want you guys to think about the circumstances in which Blood died:
Null read by close to everyone, except me, where I put him as null-leaning-scum.
Suspicion by me near the end of D1.
You were prob. killed by mafia thinking they'll land another hit on scum, because Ramsey and KA, who're others top scumspects are easy lynches, and Blood is not as much.

Q.E.D. He is scum.

We can lynch Pachino in LyLo: if he's lying right now, it's a scum lynch, but if he's telling the truth and hits town, then we lose.
Meanwhile, in LyLo, if he's scum, great, but if he's town, at least he can take his shot without wasting a mislynch(because we don't have any).
Apologies if it isn't clear enough, but it's best to save Pach for tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Thomas is scum because of reasons mentioned previously, which still stand. Confirmation PM especially is scum fakeclaiming: that is enough for a lynch, at least for me.

Arthur, Pach, Lightning, F&F sheep me pl0x.

So, if I pop off affirming that I got a confirmation PM that I only have two shots, does that make me scum? That kind of reasoning to lynch someone is just messed up imo. I think it would be extremely overpowering if the Doc/Nurse could protect the White Mage from death.

My vote will stay on Pachino until he actually responds.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
That's different.

He got a confirmation PM saying that he WAS NOT ROLEBLOCKED. Do you know how overpowered that is? That's so much information right there.

Games can be broken on MG: I realized far too late that Seraph Knight+Secret Finder could lead to the annihilation of the entire scumteam due to a technicality which allowed no mafia to visit the target.

And even if we lynch Pachino, at least let him shoot Thomas.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Terra wrote:
Null read by close to everyone, except me, where I put him as null-leaning-scum.
You were prob. killed by mafia thinking they'll land another hit on scum, because Ramsey and KA, who're others top scumspects are easy lynches, and Blood is not as much.
Q.E.D He is scum

Now that I think about it how was me dying under those conditions exactly make me scum anyways? Firstly all the mafia who have been lynch have been bullet proof, not giving the other two mafiaso bullet proof would seem quite odd don't you think. In other words dying on night 1 means that I'm not bullet proof counteracting the fact that I'm scum. Also they're were others with nulls read on them too. What exactly put me on the spot here? I mean even while I was dead and there was no reason whatsoever to not give my role I still stood by the fact that I'm a townie.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:37 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Thomas Terminator
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Halo Master Chief Collection, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Terra wrote:
He got a confirmation PM saying that he WAS NOT ROLEBLOCKED. Do you know how overpowered that is? That's so much information right there.

Quit twisting words around Terra.

I wrote:
I even got a confirmation that my protection went through.

My action was confirmed, but that doesn't confirm that I was not roleblocked. The last mafia might have some powerful killing role that can bypass protections, or something.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:02 am

Thomas Terminator wrote:
Terra wrote:

Quit twisting words around Terra.

I wrote:
I even got a confirmation that my protection went through.

My action was confirmed, but that doesn't confirm that I was not roleblocked. The last mafia might have some powerful killing role that can bypass protections, or something.

For my sake, please make it clearer next time. For a moment I thought you said that your protection was confirmed to have gone through, past roleblocks and all that stuff.

Still, will take this as a scumslip.

Looks like Pach has siteflaked: DJ, find a replacement.

Blood wrote:
Terra wrote:
He was prob. killed by mafia thinking they'll land another hit on scum, because Ramsey and KA, who're others top scumspects are easy lynches, and Blood is not as much.
Q.E.D He is scum

Now that I think about it how was me dying under those conditions exactly make me scum anyways? Firstly all the mafia who have been lynch have been bullet proof, not giving the other two mafiaso bullet proof would seem quite odd don't you think. In other words dying on night 1 means that I'm not bullet proof counteracting the fact that I'm scum. Also they're were others with nulls read on them too. What exactly put me on the spot here? I mean even while I was dead and there was no reason whatsoever to not give my role I still stood by the fact that I'm a townie.

Not really: you two could just be faking not being BP.
Also, I had some degree of suspicion on you: the other mafia team may have wanted to kill you to land a scumkill.
I admit it does not sound as convincing in hindsight, but oh well.
Strongman goes through BP.
You said you knew something I didn't.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:36 am

Also, on a completely unrelated note, who would like awards for 2012? We could award people for best town performance, best scumhunter etc. etc.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 am
Site Moderator

DON'T MODKILL PACHINO YET

I'm inviting a few people

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:30 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Terra wrote:
Looks like Pach has siteflaked: DJ, find a replacement.

A "please" never hurt anyone

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:13 am

Terra wrote:
Not really: you two could just be faking not being BP.
Also, I had some degree of suspicion on you: the other mafia team may have wanted to kill you to land a scumkill.
I admit it does not sound as convincing in hindsight, but oh well.
Strongman goes through BP.
You said you knew something I didn't.

Okay so huge things wrong with this.

First of all
I really doubt the mafia team know who the other mafia teams are. So the fact that the other team wanted a scumkill is false because they had no idea if I were scum or not.

Secondly
The strongman role is not present in the dark red mafia team and it's not present in any of the town roles(F&F can't be a strong man or Felipe would have been dead as soon as F&F targeted him) In other words they're is no way I'm bullet proof AND a part of light red mafia team.(Unless you're convince that the light red team has a strongman role and just decided to kill themselves)

Thirdly
yes it is weird that DJ would give 3 people on one mafia team bullet proof, one person on the other team bullet proof and not give the remaining two bullet proof. That's basic balance.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:09 pm

I agree with Blood on his first two points. Man, Pachino is being a pain with this inactivity.

Please replace him, [:]-san.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:11 pm
Site Moderator

Still contacting people

That role is cursed, I SWEAR...

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:34 pm
 [ 1856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 124  Next