The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:37 pm

[ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 40  Next
Marth 

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Zapperrix wrote:
You want crouch cancelling in the game? Really?

No do you?

I said its still not in the game so people will stop saying it is the game.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:17 pm

ZERO_OR wrote:
Zapperrix wrote:

No do you?

What's so bad about crouch cancelling? O-o

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Darklink401 wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
Zapperrix wrote:

No do you?

What's so bad about crouch cancelling? O-o

Yeah Zapp what's so bad about it?

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:30 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
You guys must love having a well spaced approach stopped by someone crouching; who will then proceed to grab you or do something powerful to punish you for spacing properly.

Could you imagine moves like Samus' D-smash after a crouch cancel? And lets not forget all the free CGs DK/Bomberman/etc would get on fastfallers. No thank you.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:39 am

Zapperrix wrote:
You guys must love having a well spaced approach stopped by someone crouching; who will then proceed to grab you or do something powerful to punish you for spacing properly.

Could you imagine moves like Samus' D-smash after a crouch cancel? And lets not forget all the free CGs DK/Bomberman/etc would get on fastfallers. No thank you.

I don't care about crouch canceling and never wanted it in the game. I just wanted to know what your opinion was on it.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:50 am

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I don't agree with you guys at all. I use crouch cancelling ceaselessly in this game. The reason it's so important to have is because without it, you'll have to stop moving and stand for a moment to do an attack that isn't a dash. To be on target with Marth's thread, how else would you slide dtilts forward? some people's dtilts are not practical for just standing there and hoping people will run into them. At best I'd say keep some characters from being able to crouch cancel if that's a problem.

In smash 4, as an example, Peach is able to dash cancel simply by dashing forward over and over again. Fox on the other hand, cannot do this. It forces him to do his stopping animation before he is able to dash/attack again.

Some chars should have it and some shouldn't but removing it all together just sounds like a complaint being used by players who don't use the mechanic that want its users not to have it simply so they have an easier time winning. After all, why should we get better if we simply make all of the people that beat us worse?

Of course, this is probably contingent on if I defined crouch cancelling correctly, but Since I'm pretty sure I did...meh.

Again, to clarify, if crouch cancelling is an issue, I claim some people should have it and some people shouldn't.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:27 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
RemPrower wrote:
I don't agree with you guys at all. I use crouch cancelling ceaselessly in this game. The reason it's so important to have is because without it, you'll have to stop moving and stand for a moment to do an attack that isn't a dash. To be on target with Marth's thread, how else would you slide dtilts forward? some people's dtilts are not practical for just standing there and hoping people will run into them. At best I'd say keep some characters from being able to crouch cancel if that's a problem.

In smash 4, as an example, Peach is able to dash cancel simply by dashing forward over and over again. Fox on the other hand, cannot do this. It forces him to do his stopping animation before he is able to dash/attack again.

Some chars should have it and some shouldn't but removing it all together just sounds like a complaint being used by players who don't use the mechanic that want its users not to have it simply so they have an easier time winning. After all, why should we get better if we simply make all of the people that beat us worse?

Of course, this is probably contingent on if I defined crouch cancelling correctly, but Since I'm pretty sure I did...meh.

Again, to clarify, if crouch cancelling is an issue, I claim some people should have it and some people shouldn't.

crouch canceling = canceling knockback from low kb moves by crouching in melee / PM
dash canceling = canceling a dash by crouching in SSF2

crouch canceling is not in SSF2

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:29 pm

GG, I defined it wrong. Should I just delete my post?

On topic to now being reminded what it is, Marth of all people won't need it as he is because he can already dolphin slash out of, as an example, Tails' pummel. I even used autokey and dolphin slash still interrupted the attack. I could still make a claim about some people having crouch cancel and some not, but that would not be fair.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:33 pm

MGN Username: VillagerIsLove
Currently Playing: Smash 4, SSF2, Terraria, Fire Emblem: Awakening
So guys, I've been away for long and couldn't follow what had happened during my leave. Was there anything new discovered for Marth?

__
Secondaries
__
3DS FC: 3540-1270-5229

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:18 am

I wouldn't say anything has been "discovered" about him right now that didn't already sort of exist in the main games. Right now people complain about his up and side specials, but you can scroll back a few pages to get the gist of that argument.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:09 pm

MGN Username: knight223
Currently Playing: SSF2, Brave Frontier, Unison Leauge
Can anyone give me tips on the Marth and Samus matchup?

Characters I barley use: Marth

Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:46 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Fair dem missiles. On a serious note, Fair destroys bombs, missiles and super missiles, so you only have to fear the Charge Beam. Get in, do the regular Marth stuff and you should be fine.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:37 pm

MGN Username: knight223
Currently Playing: SSF2, Brave Frontier, Unison Leauge
Skailler wrote:
Fair dem missiles. On a serious note, Fair destroys bombs, missiles and super missiles, so you only have to fear the Charge Beam. Get in, do the regular Marth stuff and you should be fine.

K Thanks :D

Characters I barley use: Marth

Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:09 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
You aren't going to be able to combo Samus in the same way that you can Fox or Falcon, so get damage, get them offstage, and then edgeguard: don't waste your punishes because you really wanted a Ken combo at 120%.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:43 am

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
I don't know much about Marth or even if chain grabs are intended to be in the game; but assuming they are, is his supposed to be so good..? I literally could do nothing about it when I played some guy just now. Is there anyway to get out of it? I tried DIing and he gets to me too quickly to roll. I was helpless using BBM (who I understand is vulnerable to chain grabs so I thought it was just the MU) but then I switched to BM (who I'm not sure of in this area) and the exact same thing happened.

It's weird I know this MU pretty well so you think I'd know something like this already

Last edited by Huey on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:02 pm
 [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 40  Next