The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:19 pm

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Monkey D. Luffy 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Luffy specific game-play here.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:37 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
cant wait for yall to catch these extendohands

Mon May 29, 2017 11:03 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
New main for sure, i love every move except side-b, i seriously though it was the gum gum bazooka until i released it was a 3rd command grab, idk, felt like he could of used a single move to help against projectiles imo, but he's really fun to play never the less, his d-spec is amazing almost as good as a counter or even better despite it doing no damage.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Tue May 30, 2017 2:54 am

MGN Username: ButterMosaic
I've managed to land 7 neutral aerials in succession.
I can't help but assume that Luffy is going to be more common than Naruto during online play.
May god (if there is any) help me.

Tue May 30, 2017 3:47 pm

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
Crazy good at isolating enemies in 2v2 and FFA, enjoyable gameplay both as and against.

Tue May 30, 2017 4:11 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Luffy in Steel Diver LUUUUUUUL
Luffy getting hurt by Pika Lightning LUUUUUL
But yeah besides that he's fun

Tue May 30, 2017 10:07 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
ButterMosaic wrote:
I've managed to land 7 neutral aerials in succession.
I can't help but assume that Luffy is going to be more common than Naruto during online play.
May god (if there is any) help me.

til they realize anywhere your limbs go they can hurt u

Wed May 31, 2017 12:35 am
BR Member

Easily the most fun character I've played so far. Nice job. Shame he doesn't do so well against any sort of projectiles...

Wed May 31, 2017 9:34 am

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
God help if you fight pacman with luffy.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Wed May 31, 2017 10:34 am

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
I am a one piece fan and when I just saw the beta and saw him in there when I had no idea he was going to be, I WAS SO FREAKING HYPE AND I STILL AM OMG!!.

I plan on maining him of course, and while using him i've been wondering a few things.

1.) gum gum pistol (i'm just call it like most ppl call other moves in smash) his neutral b, why is it a regular grab? I may hear him say it wrong, but I think when you neutral b with luffy he says gum gum pistol right? isn't that supposed to be a hit instead of a grab?

2.) I like the gum gum bazooka, but is it also supposed to happen when in air too?

Just curious tbh not complaining.

(reposted again for the 3rd time x. x).

Practicing: :yoshi:

Wed May 31, 2017 4:26 pm

i love the SPRITE animations of luffy its just his moves are not the best i read in the FAQ "Some of the special moves that characters can do in anime/video games would be considered cheap or not possible in the Smash Series". i cant agree with that if its that big of a problem just make them do less damage or have a wind up here are some very rushed examples of some moves he could use instead of his "current" moveset up+b gum gum storm its basically his down special but he twist himself and does a Gatling upwards its basically a link up+b neutral+b gigant pistol he puffs up his arm and punches basically a falcon punch side+b gum gum rocket basically a green missile down+b gear second just make his attacks come out faster kinda like gokus kaíoken now i know everyone is going to shut me down by saying "we dont want his moves to be the same as others" and i get that i just wanted to voice my opinion i dont like how most of his moves are grabs doesnt portray the character ill add one thing if your going to make his sprie the timeskip one he shouldnt have his move set from before timeskip still glad hes in the game #notmyluffy

Wed May 31, 2017 4:32 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
darkrinorex wrote:
I am a one piece fan and when I just saw the beta and saw him in there when I had no idea he was going to be, I WAS SO FREAKING HYPE AND I STILL AM OMG!!.

I plan on maining him of course, and while using him i've been wondering a few things.

1.) gum gum pistol (i'm just call it like most ppl call other moves in smash) his neutral b, why is it a regular grab? I may hear him say it wrong, but I think when you neutral b with luffy he says gum gum pistol right? isn't that supposed to be a hit instead of a grab?

2.) I like the gum gum bazooka, but is it also supposed to happen when in air too?

Just curious tbh not complaining.

(reposted again for the 3rd time x. x).

SSF2 Luffy is designed to be a grappler. It would be very easy to make him just YET ANOTHER rushdown character, but that would not have played any differently from the many other rushdown characters in the roster. That's why he was not available before now; he was originally planned for v0.7, but he was scrapped because he just wasn't unique enough.

The way he's designed now means he's his own character. Nobody else on the roster or in the entire Smash series plays like SSF2 Beta Luffy does, and he's better for it.

Wed May 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Ooooh I see.

Wed May 31, 2017 9:11 pm

I honestly can't find any uses to his SideB, it's slow, makes Luffy very vulnerable and has no follow-up after executing the move successfully. The main problem, however, is the hitbox of his specials. The hitboxes are so small he sometimes can't grab the opponent even if the fist is within the enemy's body hitbox. Luffy is like the old Sombra; has unique abilities, but can't use any of them on other players.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:22 am

Ok, so after some more playing around, I'm liking him a lot (pause).

I can 1 hit jab into anything even grab and still follow up which is amazing.

Recovering with him is really cool and up b can send ppl down while you go up is extremely amazing and makes it harder for ppl to edge guard/ledge trump him.

His fair doesn't send ppl straight down but horizontally which is a really cool way to spike ppl even if your on the stage lol (if luffy ever gets a nerf which I hope he doesn't, it would have to be the fair imo because of how it doesn't send ppl straight down but horizontally like I just said), but I really don't think luffy needs any nerfs, that's just what I think though.

He can do really good combos, just have to get used to the fact that his up smash only hits in front of him (not saying it shouldn't be just that), so trying to combo with ending in a up smash is kinda hard cause for me at-least they always end up behind me.

Can you reverse up smash? I tried it but not really happening for me. Maybe I just have to work on trying to turn around really fast and up smash.

I still have a lot of things I wanna try with luffy atm tho, he's really good.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:00 am
 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next