The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:01 pm

[ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next
SSF2 Beta Developer Q&A Thread - PLEASE READ THE OP! 

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) wrote:
Say, the old Pac-Man assist trophy and Super Pac-Man control pretty similarly. Was any of the code from the assist trophy recycled for the final smash?

That's not a criticism. I'm legitimately curious as a wannabe programmer.

Don't think so. Not because it wouldn't have worked, but because 1.- code from the Pac-Man assist was very old, and 2.- Characters in SSF2 are very different in coding structure from non-characters.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:52 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Since you did answer the question about other anime characters, why does Luffy use his Japanese voice?

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:06 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Sonario wrote:
Since you did answer the question about other anime characters, why does Luffy use his Japanese voice?

Where the shonen jump characters are concerned we usually just pick the most popular option. Most fans watch Naruto and Bleach in Japanese whereas with Dragon Ball Z the english dub is accepted as more of the standard version in the west.

Due to the original 4Kids dub kind of destroying One Piece's popularity/potentional in the US (due to how notoriously bad it was) western fans of the series tend to stick with the original Japanese version too. One Piece games also rarely get dubbed (I believe only 1 game, Unlimited Adventure, had a dubbed voice over) or even released outside of Asia and Europe. This also makes using an English voice for Luffy impossible due to lack of available voice clips.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:14 pm

First off, I know this isn't a question, but the work you have done on this game is amazing, and I commend you for working as much as you have on it.

Secondly, I noticed most of the files in ssf2 v1.0.1 cannot be opened by conventional methods. It also says on the rules page of this forum-
"Do not discuss, link to, or otherwise mention modified SSF2 files"
So I have to ask, what do you have against the modding community

I just got a pm saying you've awnsered that question, and I read you're responses, and although the online explanation makes sense, you're still putting an active effort into making the game unpersonalizable, unchangeable and unfixable unless you release the patch. I don't even use online, most of my mods I share with friends and post to my social media. And I know i'm not alone on that. So, if I may, i'd like to change my question to what would it take to change your mind, or if you would ever fix the "mod blocker" as it were. I know we aren't supose to give you suggestions, but this is a really big deal. Remember when Sony didn't allow fallout 4 mods on PS4, and people called it an "inferior" and "incomplete" game? I know that's in a different ballpark, but PS4's reasons were very similar to the ones given.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:08 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
It won't change unfortunately. This is about ensuring the integrity of our files (so our game doesn't get uploaded to unauthorized third party sites or rebranded stealing our code for others profit/publicity) and keeping our Sprite + audio + unreleased work respected instead of ripped and posted across the internet. We will revisit a solution for people making their own content once we're done with the core content but the time isn't right atm, SSF2 isn't supposed to be MUGEN Smash with a ton of out of style sprites and poorly aligned animations and when we have matchmaking/etc enabled it will be important not to have your files modified.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:50 pm

3 questions from me:

1. Did you devs lower the "priority" on Kirby's D-Air and Dash Attack?
2. Is Kirby the only character with high hitstun, or does everyone have it, or am I just imagining it?
3. Do the crystals on Metal Cave change color every time you load a whole new match, or am I just seeing things? If they DO change color, what colors do they switch to?

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:39 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Probably the new patch of SSF2 Beta.
dragonballhero wrote:
Do the crystals on Metal Cave change color every time you load a whole new match, or am I just seeing things? If they DO change color, what colors do they switch to?
The large section of crystal that makes up the bottom of the stage fades between various colours over time. The blue crystals at the top do not change colour.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:46 pm

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
You revealed which ATs were cut, what about Pokémon? I haven't spot MissingNo. in this build, is it gone forever or temporal?

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Byllant wrote:
You revealed which ATs were cut, what about Pokémon? I haven't spot MissingNo. in this build, is it gone forever or temporal?

Speaking of ATs, I checked the wiki, and it's been written that Birdo, the Color TV-Game 15, Qbby (BOXBOY!), and Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia) are ATs in Beta.

Is this true? Because I haven't come across ANY of these guys yet.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:36 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Byllant wrote:

dragonballhero wrote:
Byllant wrote:

Speaking of ATs, I checked the wiki, and it's been written that Birdo, the Color TV-Game 15, Qbby (BOXBOY!), and Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia) are ATs in Beta.

Is this true? Because I haven't come across ANY of these guys yet.

None of these are in Beta.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:53 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Why does Sonic have Jason Griffith voice clips instead of Roger Craig Smith voice clips? Is he more popular or something? (You could have used voice clips from other games instead of SSB4 to avoid content from the latest installment)

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:39 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
dragonballhero wrote:
1. Did you devs lower the "priority" on Kirby's D-Air and Dash Attack?

Not Directly.

To be precise, as it was stated in a dev blog, priority in Beta now works as it does in official smash titles, where priority is directly linked to damage (and it's not a separate value, as it used to be in prior versions). This, of course, causes typical multi hit attacks to have less priority, since each separate hit deals low damage.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:44 pm

why is it harder to do f-smash in beta than in 9b? is this because of controller support?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:03 am

MGN Username: snidbert63
Currently Playing: in a sandbox
Waifu: Weird Al Yankovic
How did you get the idea to give Luffy two different versions of his standard grab? (neutral B vs. normal grab)

Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:44 am

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
In the direct, Void said Sora's first use of down-b will be fire, then blizzard and finally thunder.
But now, he uses blizzard first, then thunder and finally fire.
What's the reason of this order change?

also, can i see the uncensored sprites of naruto's neutral taunt? :pikachu:

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:32 am
YIM WWW
 [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next