The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:35 pm

[ 11 posts ] 
Round 1 : Yoppei VS Kittenpuncher 
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
The gateway opened to the arena, a place where legends were born and a battle waged to determine the strongest fighter alive. Unsurprisingly, it was a simple, traditional ring of 100 feet in diameter that would serve as proving ground for the initial match. It was completely surrounded by spectator stands, protected by a barely visible magical barrier. After the fighters were lead into the ring, they were given a few minutes to warm up, during which they noticed a few things. For starters, the ground was a single thick block of stone, not even a single pebble or bit of loose earth lay beneath them, while the 'walls' consisted only of the magical barrier, stopping anything from leaving the ring and endangering the spectators and were, quite simply, impossible to climb.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" The announcer's voice spoke up, although the owner of the voice remained unseen. "Welcome to the McleodGaming tournament! I know our warriors are aching to test their mettle, so I'll keep this short. The strongest fighter must be capable in straight combat, therefore this arena has been designed to take as many tactical elements out of the equation as possible. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, so go out there and crack some skulls! And for those who might be preparing to 'give it their all', don't forget that other participants might have spies in the audience, waiting for you to show off what you can do, so don't be too hasty in showing all your abilities!" The announcer ended his 'short' speech, thankfully, with some useful information.

"Now, moving on to the rules! It's quite simple. The fight doesn't end until one or both fighters are unable to continue or in the event that they surrender. Attacking a fighter that has abdicated or been incapacitated will result in immediate disqualification. And remember, we all like blood and gore in these fights, but refrain from killing your opponent. It's just not very sporty. Got all that? Well then, no need to stand around and twiddle your thumbs! Ready... Set... FIGHT!"

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:47 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2
As Clear walked into the arena, he let out a large yawn, He proceeded to check his ammo case on the back of his belt. He felt to make sure he had all the bullets he needed. He slowly counted them with his finger. All three bullet types were in different compartments. 57, 58, 59, 60. They were all there and ready for firing. Clear loaded 5 regular bullets into the gun and gave it a flick. Then he got into a ready position, ready for a battle.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Fynn sighed upon entering the arena, and seeing the crowd in the stands. "Oh god," he thought aloud. "I didn't think anybody would know about this!"
With that, the man's caution temporarily took over. Escape plans began to take form in his mind, until he decided to focus on the task at hand.

His eyes locked upon the other combatant. Fynn looked him over, and chuckled at the sight of a firearm. "Really now? I expected much better!"

His cautiosness nagged at the back of his mind, as if it was a separate presence entirely. After all, the man probably wouldn't be in this tournament if a simple gun was the only trick up his sleeve. To punctuate that thought, he began examining his options.

The arena was flat; No chances for a sneak-attack here.
"Whatever," he thought. "Let's get this over with."
"How long will you keep me waiting?" Fynn barked to his opponent.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:14 pm
YIM WWW

"I could say the same to you" Clear said as he chuckled.
"Now lets do this!"

He quickly rose his gun up, ready to fire at any given moment. Clear shot a bullet, aiming directly in between his opponents eyes. Knowing there was absolutely no cover anywhere, he figured it will be an easy fight.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:21 pm

"It seems he doesn't understand," the man mused.
Destroying bullets was an easy task for Fynn, which he soon demonstrated. A gunky, black substance seemed to throw itself from behind him into the bullet, which stopped and destroyed it. The portion used to stop the bullet fell to the ground, as if it was dead.

Immediately after, Fynn reached into the goo, and returned with a good-sized handful.
The man threw it towards his foe, which closed much of the gap between them.
After landing, however, the substance began to slither towards Clear, as if it had a mind of its own.
Fynn gazed up with a devilish grin to see his opponents reaction.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 pm
YIM WWW

"Now how am I gonna deal with this one...?" Clear thought to himself as he watched his opponent destroy his bullet. He noticed him use some strange black gunk to destroy his bullet. As the opponent threw some gunk towards him, he naturally backed away a bit. Clear saw some of the stuff come to life and slowly move towards him.

"It's probably a bad idea to touch that stuff. Maybe this won't be a very good idea." Clear said to himself.

Clear proceeded to toss his gun into his left hand and sneakily released three chakrams into his right hand. Then he proceeded to rush forward on a straight on assault, jumping over the small pile of moving gunk in his way. Clear then fired off three shots from his gun straight towards his opponents chest, while still hiding the chakrams in his other hand.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:40 pm

"He still hasn't figured it out..." Fynn thought as he produced more of the black substance. "What a fool. If that didn't work before, why would it work now?"
Even if the opponent could hit him, he would be disqualified if he crippled or killed Fynn. Thus he had a major advantage: The opponent would have to take care not to kill him, which would be considerably difficult with a gun. Fynn wouldn't even have to protect most of his body, seeing as how unwise it would be to aim at a vital area (which the opponent just did).

Once again, he destroyed the feeble bullets with a wave of the substance, and sent the remaining mass straight into the opponents course. What an idiot: not only was midair dodging damn near impossible, but Clear was even stupid enough to jump directly OVER what he should desperately evade.
Fynn smirked as he sent the gunk that Clear was over to attack him from behind at top speed.

He'd never know what hit him.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:00 pm
YIM WWW

"Man, I knew this was a bad idea!" Clear said thinking out loud. He suddenly heard a noise coming from behind him. It was the gunk that he had just jumped over. What he thought was a slow moving pile of goo, ended up being a fast moving attack! As soon as Clear touched the ground, he proceeded to swing his left leg back in an attempt to kick it away. Considering the fact that his leg might get stuck in it, Clear got closer towards the ground and got ready to kick in a sweeping motion towards his opponent's leg.

At this moment, Clear also threw two of the three chakrams he held in his hands. They were both aimed towards one of the arms of his opponent in an attempt to damage him.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:45 pm

(s***, accidentally refreshed and erased everything)
Fynn watched in amazement as the man dodged everything and soared across the stadium with no noticeable change in speed or direction.

Meanwhile, he made two separate attacks. One would think these attacks would support each other, but alas, they actually contradicted each other entirely. If Clear's kick was to connect, the strange throwing weapons would simply fly over. Of course, falling was a much better alternative to a painful cut, so down he went.

Fynn was much to cautious to do something like this without a plan, however. As soon as he hit the ground, he unleashed a huge, whip-shaped mass of gunk. With this shape, he could easily manipulate and transform it to account for movements and attacks. Not that his opponent would be able to react very fast, being crouched down in his kicking position.

As if all that wasn't enough, Fynn used a small amount of his mind to send the muck used for previous attacks back at his foe. One portion launched straight at his back like before, while the other portion (Now in the air) dove down from above.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:27 pm
YIM WWW

OOC: Gah, I resign. I'm haven't been in the RPing mood recently. I need to improve.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Ooc: Uhh, right

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:20 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 11 posts ]