The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:39 am

[ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next
Marth 

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Venus wrote:
Rift of the Nova wrote:
Venus wrote:
Cole wrote:
Turbo marth god tier

I can fly from one side of FD to the other with Marths sidespec and upspec combo

I love doing this. Another thing I found in Turbo Mode is that mashing his F-air is still as fast as in Melee.

USpec to U-Air, nuff said.

Someone needs to make a gif revolving around that recovery.

s***, it works on B-Air, too.

Last edited by Mysteric on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:50 am

Currently Playing: L4D2, SSF2
I don't see how is SSF2 Marth better than Melee Marth.
Worse UpB, worse dair => Way more difficult to Ken Combo. Fair to Reverse UpB can't kill. Slightly worse combo ability in general imo (Marth had one of the best, maybe the best of the whole game)
I like his new bair though.

No DI - A SSF2 v0.9a Combo Video :
YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

MGN username : Shady75

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:52 am

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Welp, all of Marth's aerials can do what I will dub:
Marth Superjump Turbo ;)

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:01 am

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
Shady75 wrote:
Worse UpB, worse dair => Way more difficult to Ken Combo. Fair to Reverse UpB can't kill. Slightly worse combo ability in general imo (Marth had one of the best, maybe the best of the whole game)

woah Marth can combo better than he could in melee, ken combos are a lil more difficult but they're still possible and simple to do...
His SideB can actually be used to completion and taken seriously. his jabs combo better, his throws uthrow, and fthrow, sets him up better, his Dash attack combos easier, a spaced Ftilt combos right into an aerial. his DMG output is ridiculous, not to mention he can K.O. efficiently now.
UpB can't kill like it used to but every one of marths aerials kills <~130

Starkiller2 wrote:
Well, I'm in no way disappointed in the character as whole, I'm trying to convey the meaning I feel in-game when smash reflexes take over and I try to fsmash someone on the plat above me and he doesn't hit them at all (and it looks so close, try it you'll see).

The dancing blade seems to be really good, it quickly flows into any of Marth's tilts/etc after the first hit. I haven't tinkered with it much tho.

Oh, if that's what you mean then yeah, a lot of things felt unusual as hell when I first started playing him.. spacing his moves in general was like a wtf at first lol ...also playing lloyd directly after playing marth feels funny.

GM

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:18 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Shady75 wrote:

There is a bias about the combo ability seeming better in Melee because of the vast amount of fast fallers in Melee. If half of the players play Fox/Falco, of course Marth looks like he combos great. Even Sheik and Falcon were at weights that could be easily combo'd, so that in total probably puts Marth at having great combo games on 75-80% of players. IMO Falco/Falcon had the best combo game in Melee but thats not really relevant here. In SSF2 there are fewer fast fallers, and even on Fox Marth has great ways to combo him. He just combos differently, and being able to get more than one stray hit here and there or actually getting a followup on a throw (on floatier characters) is really good.

Of course, his fsmash is really hard to combo into outside of on Fox (but when it does, it looks like it hurts XD)

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:29 am

flash melee is like a combination of melee and brawl melee with some other new stuff

LIKE A NON WORKABLE COUNTER

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:55 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros 3DS, SSF2, Xenoblade Chronicles
ss4chris wrote:
does marth's counter feels sluggish to you guys? like i can't instant counter like in melee and brawl.

I also notice this. Although besides the counter issue Marth is great

Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:44 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Hitting someone with Up B + Light mode = Not a great idea

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:25 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Shovel Knight, League of Legends
I really like the little silver tracer indicating his tip when you attack. It's a pretty small thing, but it provides so much clarity, and is really great for beginners to Marth like me.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:04 am

The one thing I noticed is that it's much harder to take a stock with marth's tipper dair. I've been able to juggle opponents leading to a tipper dair only for them to recover at around 60-90%.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:16 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
I honestly believe Marth could easily become top tier in the demo. His potential is unlike any other character I've seen thus far....

Combo game is basically comparable to Melee Fox. :|
Even though he can't Ken Combo as easily, it's possible to perform it backwards ( dair > tipper fair). I'm officially dubbing it the Moon Combo. (See what I did there?)
His tech chasing game is unlike any other.
Juggles are better than ever.
Throwing game is unrivaled.
Fast in general.
Still outranges a large % of the cast, despite having less range than normal. (Only rival is Ichigo, but he's slow)
Dancing Blade is too good.
Amazing damage racking abilities.
He transitioned into the enviroment much more smoothly.

Though his weaknesses are still his recovery and being a tall lightweight, Marth has it better than most characters in the game.

Because of Marth being Marth, they didn't change him all that much and there's no need to. Characters anymore just can't keep up with the enviroments, Fox and Kirby are perfect examples.
While most characters had to sacrifice some tools for buffs (Link's range for speed, Sonic's unpredictablilty for kill power), Marth though, stayed the same for the most part.

Overall, Marth is perfect. Keep Marth the same, other characters just need new buffs entirely.
Keep up the good work.

Last edited by gEmssbguy13 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:12 pm

Shady75 wrote:

I like his dair, it acts more like a combo tool. Plus it's much more satisfying to work for a Ken Combo.
Upb seems to act like a vertical finisher now. I like it. Also works better as a "get off my bum" tool.
Combo ability is amazing, utilt juggles are too good when playing aggresive.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:16 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
I honestly believe Marth could easily become top tier in the demo. His potential is unlike any other character I've seen thus far....

Even though he can't Ken Combo as easily, it's possible to perform it backwards ( dair > tipper fair). I'm officially dubbing it the Moon Combo. (See what I did there?)
Still outranges a large % of the cast, despite having less range than normal. (Only rival is Ichigo, but he's slow)

Though his weaknesses are still his recovery and being lightweight, Marth has it better than most characters in the game.

Because of Marth being Marth, they didn't change him all that much and there's no need to. Characters anymore just can't keep up with the enviroments, Fox and Kirby are perfect examples.
While most characters had to sacrifice some tools for buffs (Link's range for speed, Sonic's unpredictablilty for kill power), Marth though, stayed the same for the most part.

Overall, Marth is perfect. Keep Marth the same, other characters just need new buffs entirely.
Keep up the good work.

His counter needs fixed, though, because it's completely nonfunctional at the moment. There's no arguing with that.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:21 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Other than the broken counter I think ssf2 marth is pretty good, up b is really fast and after a lot of practice tippers and spike d-airs become easier to hit

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwe_ZagNDtx5kRoFyF6zuw

Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:21 pm

Saikyoshi wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

Though his weaknesses are still his recovery and being lightweight, Marth has it better than most characters in the game.

Keep up the good work.

His counter needs fixed, though, because it's completely nonfunctional at the moment. There's no arguing with that.

True dat.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:47 pm
 [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next