The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:13 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Waifu: I'm married
Alice sighed as she heard the word Exitimus. "Understood," she said into the phone. An Exitimus was not to be taken lightly. Finishing the mission would have to wait. "Be careful! Try to hold it off until I get there." Then again... "If you can kill it before I arrive, I'll buy you ice cream."
Hanging up the phone, she turned away from the Archive Club door and prepared for a sprint.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:20 am
YIM WWW
Site Admin

The locker popped open magically revealing a swirling vortex within in shades of white and blue. It seemed to draw him in, and soon Daniel found himself walking down a long corridor that he could not see the end of with light beige marble tiles and bright red curtains hanging on the walls and along the ceiling. The hall was lit by orbs of blue light, that gave off no heat, similar even to the wisps produced by Evelyn. He looked back from where he had come, but the door had already closed shut behind him, all that was there was a locker door identical to the one he had stepped through earlier.

As he cautiously walked down the hallway, as he had yet to see where the earlier two individuals had gone, he took note of various doors periodically in place in the walls. None of them were the same, each with differing designs and some with arcane runes he could not understand. However the farther he walked, the closer he came to a collection of voices coming from one distinct door. It was bright red with golden runes running along the frame of the door.

"Ok everyone" spoke a familiar female voice; Daniel immediately recognized it as the girl's voice from earlier "By now, most of us would have had the opportunity to interact with a freshman, what are your findings?"

"Damian, Evelyn and Fiona definitely have the spark" spoke up a male voice "I wouldn't be surprised if they were already dabbling in a bit of magic already."

"Mm" mused the first voice "That damned posh archive club already picked up Damian and Evelyn. Fiona though, we should try to bring her in"

"My aura seems to resonate with Daniel" spoke another female with a Texan accent "If I didn't know any better, I'd say he's dealt with magic before. He's very new, and the Darren Archive Club has their clutches on him, but I think we can get him to sway."

"Very good Helena, we'll work on that." spoke the first girl once again

"Speaking of ex-darren archive club members, that boy Carter has stopped hanging out with them," noted another male voice.

"No, Harold" spoke the leader "There's something very wrong with that boy"

------------------------------------------------------

Dot raised her head sleepily, noticing herself to have become apparent as well, and with an uninterested yawn she disappeared once again; though not before knocking over an empty potted plant with her tail. The clay pot fell to the ground with a crash, causing all the girls to jump at the sound.

"You know," spoke Aliyah in a hushed voice "I hear that this school is haunted, and a lot of strange stuff go on here at night; quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised."

"Don't be ridiculous Aliyah" spoke up Chantelle reassuringly, "We're all safe in this school" she turned to Lotus in order to answer the girl's question, having been interrupted by the sudden turn of events. "Well, today is Friday, I suppose we could all go for a shopping trip say tomorrow? Is that good?"

The girls all nodded among themselves and then eventually turned to Lotus waiting for her response.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The demon waved its hand and one of the hell hounds levitated and were tossed into the direction of the blade as it flew. The hell hound exploded in a whimpering cloud of brimstone and sulphur.

"What's this?" spoke the demon with a cruel smile; it flicked his wrist and Adi found himself being lifted off the ground as if someone were holding him by his neck. "Angelorum has earned his wings. Well done. Such a shame you'll never understand the ramifications of these new abilities. You armament ones were always cursed with such short lives. Simply snapped like twigs in their prime." The growling hell hounds continued to approach as the demon stood where it was impaled "Such a tragedy"

What the demon did not know however was that two others were on their way.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Evelyn looked at the girl skeptically, though she was mildly amused with the plan. It was definitely something that would get her mind off of...whatever had happened earlier today.

"Go on," she encouraged "I'm interested."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"All I had to do was ask for it" smiled Carter happily "It's like signing up for a magazine subscription! There was a minor trade off regarding my soul, but so what? What do you even use your soul for anyways? So it's allllll good" he nodded reassuringly. "Like seriously, look at all the stuff I can do!" He began to float off of the ground and flew to his bed with a midair spin.

"Here I got one for you too" he said as he pulled out a black briefcase from underneath his bed, and popped it open for Johnny to see. Inside was what could possibly a piece of paper made of leather (or tanned human flesh) on which it stated the various powers, abilities, and the conditions which they would be granted under should the person sign the contract.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Damian entered the s**** and was surprised to discover that the prevailing sickening sense he had been feeling had lessened slightly. It was mildly relieving, but the image that he had seen while he had meditated continued to haunt him. He entered the library of the s****, if there was any place that would be able to tell him what he had seen it was here.

The Librum Artium sat on its pedestal as usual, opened to a random page describing an arte. What he wanted though was the Bestiary Index shelf. It was an entire shelf alphabetically ordered with various words and descriptions which would then direct the reader to potential creatures which the reader is in search of, learn their weaknesses and destroy accordingly.

Thinking to image that he glimpsed, Damian looked up "fangs" "red iris" "white hide" and "chains". His search led him through various fantastic creatures that Damian didn't even know existed. There were Oni, Goblins, Trolls, and a myriad of other creatures who met some of the descriptions but not others. That was until he decided to read the chapter on demons, and his eyes quickly fell on this passage:

"Demons who gain possession of an individual may be glimpsed by the ultra sensitive as manipulating them with strings, ropes, or most often chains"

And with that read, Damian's question was answered; there was a demon in the school.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To every Naturae disciple, there is a supernatural trait which aligns with their element, though this is not something explicitly taught to the untamed conduits of nature, it is something discovered, or something that is always there within them. Solid earth, rarely seems to get possessed, their mind rooted to the ground and unbreakable. Flighty air, finds the restraints of the body lacking, allowing their spirits to take flight as the Spiritorum do. Sensual water, it's ripples revealing all to the observer, allows them to sense the spiritual realm as the sensitive Angelorum, Vitrii, Spiritorum and Fluunt are able to. Whether it is triggered by outside causation or through their own will, remains a question to this day.

As such, Maximilian suddenly found his sleep disturbed by strange ripples in his vicinity. The sense granted to a water disciple was much more different than the typical feelings ascribed to sensing spiritual energy. Rather than feelings of intentions and spectral trails, the spiritual realm to a water disciple was expressed as ripples and emotions. He felt malice and it seemed to be emanating from the room next door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice/Li can catch up to Adi part if they'd like

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Logan and Dom can continue chit chatting

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Logan shrugged in response to his peer's inquiry. "Nothin' so seriou-" By that point, the pair had come upon the main lobby of the school, and the junior had stopped short mid-sentence at the sight of Alice bolting for the exit. Immediately he ran to catch up to her, curious as to why she seemed to be in such a hurry.
"Where're ye off tae in such a rush?" Logan asked, matching her pace.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:35 am

"Oh, alright, ah," Tsubaki rolled her eyes in thought, she hadn't expected to get this far. "Well, if the fellows I mentioned before need Ms Sullivan particlularly or if they might want her just not around anymore, I figured they would try to get at her as soon as they were able, especially if they only had a limited window. I don't want Ms Sullivan to actually be in any danger though, so I though a decoy would be good, and that's where you would come in, of course only because you would be able to handle any 'unrulely custommers'." She smiled to herself, but it faded quickly. "And I would be there of course, but I think a third person, probably an upperclassman, should come as backup, since I have no clue what we might 'discover'. But I'm a little timid and I wouldn't want to interfere with the other 'field trips' that are happenning..."

A big breath followed this, followed by silence and a questioning look.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:05 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Dot remind me to scold you later for that. Lotus was staring in the direction of the pot. "What? oh ya it's definitely not haunted...I don't think i'm doing anything Friday." She paused to think for a second. "Nope nothing. So what time?"

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:51 pm

"This is so cool," Daniel said to himself as he absorbed every detail of the mysterious corridor, from the doors to the curtains. After everything Daniel had seen, the existence of a magic club didn't really surprise him. What shocked him was that these kids knew all about the Darren Archive Club, and the people in it. There seemed to be several students in the group, which pleased Daniel, as clearly the club managed to stay hidden from the Omnivident somehow. For a time the freshman actually wondered if he'd have to start a club all on his own.
Only one of the foreboding, mysterious doors actually interested him at the moment. Eager to share his interests with the others, he knocked politely on the red and gold door where the voices were coming from.

To Alice's surprise, Logan appeared out of nowhere and inquired about what was happening. "Adi's getting beat up by a demon, so I'm going to save him." Phora, meanwhile, had spawned on her own at some point and was clasped onto Logan's back, Apparently happy to have a free ride.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:37 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian stood still for a moment with a serious look and gulped at the realization. He thought back to what he saw, remembering its eyes directed at something on the end of chains. He paused for a moment and then spoke, "Somebody must be possessed." With this in knowledge, he considered looking for weapons, but against a possessed individual, he knew he shouldn't try to hurt them. Then again, he had no knowledge on how to remove a demon from a body. With no clear idea of what to do, he decided he would try and locate the possessed individual and with that, he set out from the s****. He had no good clue where to search but he decided to try the dorm rooms. He doubted a possessed individual would be out in public so he made his way to the rooms.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Adi was not afraid. In fact, he felt fine. Apart from being lifted off the ground by his neck, there was apparently no discomfort at all given his current position. The Exitimus had defended himself by throwing a dog in the path of his weapon. That meant that his chance of winning was not zero. On one hand, if he ignored the dogs whilst he was unarmed he could be in trouble, but if the he left the Exitimus alone, who knows what could happen. In the end, Adi decided that if the dogs did attack, it was something he could plan for and once more his weapon formed near him but out of sight before it shot out at the Exitimus again. Now if only he had some way of breaking free from the demon's grip.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:01 pm

"Ah." Logan said, not quite surprised. "Just th' overbearing curmudgeon I was lookin' fer. I dunnae suppose ye'd mind if I tag along."
Logan was so pleased at having found out where Adi was that he had completely forgotten about Dom.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan looked at Carter and his face showed a mixture of emotions. Maybe Carter was right, the first two missions he got lucky. If he was alone in the same situation, things would have turned out worse. Carter seemed so laid back about trading his soul, yet he seemed fine. He had always contemplated about his strength, and now he had the chance to bring it up to extraordinary heights. He personally felt the weakest amongst the group during the missions.

Johnathan should have been more scared, yet he wasn't. He strangely felt calm. "You better be right about this." He took a deep breath and quickly signed the contract, making the biggest choice of his life.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:06 pm

"I don't mind a bit," Alice said, picking up the pace considerably. "As long as you keep up."
So they ran, taking Sterling down to Ericson street, then taking a right and continuing west to Longview, until suddenly Alice stopped in front of an alley between a warehouse and a gas station. She caught her breath quickly thanks to years of training.

"I'm going to take this alley, so I can surprise attack the demon from behind. Head down this road and you'll likely find Adi hanging by his feet." She paused for a moment. The feeling of evil in the air was sickening. "Be careful," She said, her voice wavering a bit, "Exitimus are the real deal."

She moved quietly through the Alley, until she could see Adi struggling in midair. In addition to the demon, there were several hellhounds around. No point in just rushing in. First, she cleared her mind, then focused it on Phora, who was drifting towards Alice. The totem started to glow and gradually grow taller, getting excited as she realized what was happening.
"Yessssss!" Phora cheered. "This tiny body is a pain in the a**! You should get into trouble more often." The fairy was soon completely enveloped in light. When the light vanished, Phora was around six feet tall, and looked to have aged about a decade and a half.
"It's been a while, Alice." She said, smirking at her master.

"Your true form is stunning each time I see it," Alice responded.

"You say that every time," Phora began. "Let's not leave your underling hanging."
Alice summoned her bow and, perfectly in sync, Phora dashed towards the Exitimus while Alice targeted its legs. The totem even slowed herself to let the arrow hit first.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:40 am
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Li arrived just in time to find Adi being lifted up by the demon's force. Just moments after, Alice arrived, noticing the dire situation at hand. It seems she decided to show Phora's true form. Li can only remember seeing this form maybe once or twice before, and it truly was a sight to see. With Alice and Phora charging towards the Exitimus, Li decided to cover her by distracting the hell hounds. Now this idea was not exactly the best one, but desperate times called for desperate measures. Looking around, Li could see Logan in the distance. Good, he thought, even more backup.

With his spur of the moment plan ready, he ran towards the hell hounds, ready to get their attention.

Just like that, Dom was left alone. He heard a little bit of their conversation, picking up mostly that a demon was somewhere. Dom was moderately curious and next thing you know, Logan and Alice were gone. Confused briefly, he quickly looked around to try and find them, then saw that they ran off. With nothing else to do, Dom decided to follow along.

"Hey Logan, wait up will ya!," he shouted, chasing after the two.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Exitimus, huh? Logan mused. He attempted to recall the details of the creature from his brief study of malevolent spirits, but to no avail. In any case, he did as Alice said and made his way down the road. Before long, he came upon Adi, being suspended in the air, though he was dangling from his neck rather than his feet. Before he had a chance to act, though, a lightning quick bolt penetrated the Exitimus, followed immediately by another creature. Another spirit, perhaps? Whatever the case, things seemed to be going pretty well. Logan decided to hang back unless it appeared he would be needed. He turned to Dom, who had followed him from the academy.
"Best we lay low fer now, yeah?"

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Everything that was happening was a lot for Dom to take in at once. First a giant fairy thing flying at this other strange demon, that guy, Adi, being lifted up by some strange force almost if Darth Vader was real, and Li charging at what seemed to look like dogs, but definitely not dogs. Staring at what was going on put Dom in an almost trance like stance of awe. He was brought back to reality thankfully through Logan talking to him.

"Best we lay low fer now, yeah?," Logan asked.

"Y-yeah. That seems like a good idea," Dom replied, trusting someone else on something for once.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:07 pm
Site Admin

OOC: Cool! Final battles have started! Also! Chapter 3 plot outline is officially written. Magic is pretty much done, I just need to make it understandable for other people to us it within the game lol *cough*

As soon as Johnny's hand wrote his name on the flesh-like parchment, the ink became thick and smelled like blood before lighting on fire and burning black onto the paper; the smell deepening into that of sulphur and brimstone.

"Well," asked Carter with a flying leap from the bed, and hovering in the air above Johnny "Do ya feel it? The power? Simply think about it, and you can do it. Well...at least as far as I know I can fly, I have telekinesis, I can defy gravity, I'm super fast and super strong. I can probably do other stuff, but I haven't checked yet.

Johnny blinked and soon found himself in the void of space, with various rocks and boulders of varying size floating all around them aimlessly. Surprisingly, he could still breathe, and he could feel the powers flowing through his veins so he wasn't afraid in the slightest.

"Woah, looks like we got those powers right on time" called out Carter "I think those ghosts over there have trapped us in another dimension. We probably need to stop them in order to get the heck outta here!" He pointed to a speck of light and low and behold, a group of ghosts were heading towards them.

"Let's do this! Ad amra!" yelled out Carter as his cesti appeared on his hands and he flew towards the malevolent spirits.

All the voices stopped with a hush as they heard the rapping on the door, and then suddenly without warning the door opened and he was pulled in roughly and forced against the wall with an arm firmly against his neck.

It was the boy from earlier, whom he had seen enter the locker, who had him pressed against the wall. Daniel blinked his eyes uncertainly, as the lights in this room were certainly brighter than those that had been in the hall, though they soon adjusted. He recognized no one but his captor, and the girl from earlier, though there were three others whom he rightly assumed were all upperclassmen.

"It's him" spoke the girl with a Texan accent who had been identified as Helena, "Daniel"

"It seems your aura was right" spoke the girl who was the leader with an amused expression, "Put him down Harold! You're scaring the kid."

"But Ashley-" he attempted to argue.

"I'm grand magus and I say to put him down," she said firmly "He found his way into our pocket realm. If that doesn't say destined for magic, then I don't know what does." Harold sighed, and loosed his hold against Daniel, while Ashley leaned forward with a smile. "Sorry about that little guy, now tell me, do you believe in magic?" she said with a giggle "I guess that's a silly question with you being here and all, perhaps a better one would be, have you ever used it? What's your story?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright then" smiled Evelyn pleased, the girl definitely had some sense, even if she was ridiculously timid, "I'm sure we can form a small group and do what you've planned. Perhaps we could find out what those guys wanted with her, or if she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time."

It was then that she noticed Damian walking down the dorm hall with a panicked expression on his face. He seemed to be looking for something, though before she could ask him what his problem was, the lights in the ceiling began to flicker violently. Various students exited their rooms questionably, as they murmured about what was going on, and then just as suddenly they all collapsed to the ground. Evelyn, Tsubaki and Damian were the sole students in the hall who remained standing.

Running to the nearest student, which happened to be Kyle, she knelt by his side and checked his pulse, he was still alive. She slowly released the barriers she had placed on her mind, and was nearly blindsided by the severe amount of demonic energy in the atmosphere. She wanted to bash her head against the wall, she would've sensed this earlier had she not closed herself off, who knows how far along whatever was happening now presently was. Turning her attention to the bodies around her, she could feel that they were all alive, merely asleep. She had no idea how it had happened, but she was more concerned with demon problem they had on campus.

Summoning her glaive she pointed it at the door where she could clearly tell the energy was coming from; Johnny and Carter's room.

"Tsubaki. Damian. We have to deal with this now, something terribly wrong is happening right now."

Making her way to the door, she opened it only to find that the door opened into what could only be described as another realm. The room seemed to be in outer space with various pieces of floating rocks floating around in the darkness.

"There" she said pointing to a large piece of floating rock in the distance with a bright purple bonfire on it glowing brightly, "That's where we need to go"

Maximilian mulled over what he had dreamed, as well as the strange sensations he continued to feel emanating from the room next door. He looked over at August who seemed to have fallen asleep during his nap. The lights in his room began to flicker over his head; there was trouble. He got up from bed and nudged August to wake him up, but he was unsuccessful. He shrugged, and left the room, surely the others would already be heading to the source of whatever this problem was.

He was fairly surprised as he saw the upperclassmen dragging Lotus down the hall.

"Tomorrow at four in the afternoon should be good" stated Chantelle with a smile "I'll send you a-" the redheaded girl stopped mid-sentence, "No..." and she stopped to look at the rest of the girls who stared at her questioningly wondering why she had stopped. "No..." she said again.

A wind began to blow in the courtyard around the girls, whipping sand, leaves and their hair about. Aliyah cried out as she attempted to cover her eyes with her arm, while Trisha sat crouched on the ground with her head between her legs.

The only people who remained untouched were Chantelle and Lotus as the wind seemed to completely avoid the two of them. Chantelle's hair seemed like it was on fire as it blew in the wind, and most strange of all were her eyes; they seemed to glow vibrantly as if molten.

"Sunset" she stated calmly. The winds began to die down, and the courtyard was once again a mess. On the ground lay all the girls unconscious, aside from Lotus who looked at Chantelle with shock. She grabbed the girl's hand and pulled her behind her as she ran.

"Lotus, I know who you are. I know what you are. Your friends need you" They exited the courtyard and entered the dormitory just as Maximilian exited his room.

"You two" she said earnestly "I know you're both members of the Supernatural Defense Unit, while I don't have time to explain, the school is under attack." She pointed to Johnny and Carter's room. The door, which was still open, revealed the mysterious dimension that the door now led to. "Look, I'm going to hold the fort here, but you two need to deal with whatever may be going on in there. Since the door is already open, I'm going to assume that some others have already entered, but they'll need as much help as they can. Now go!"

The demon anticipated the knife to fly his way again, to which it caused another hell hound to jump into its path and explode in a cloud of smoke, however it did not expect the arrow, neither did it expect the fairy. It turned around, just as the arrow hit, only to find itself struck by the fairy viciously. It flew into the wall violently, and Adi was released from the demon's hold, falling to the ground.

An explosion of black smoke coalescing into a thick cloud rumbling with thunder and flickering scarlet with lightning began to encircle the fairy before reforming as a humanoid figure dressed in a black suit.

"Ah, the cavalry has arrived" snarled the demon as it turned to face Alice.

The remaining two hell hounds turned their attention to Li who had entered the alley and they both pounced with fangs bared at the boy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come come children" spoke a flamboyant male voice from the shadows "This is our city. Have you not learned? We do not take kindly to interlopers." Suddenly Logan was flung against a wall, while a great black claw struck out from the shadows towards Dom.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:59 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 98  Next