The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 12:42 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
This was beyond surprising, after the two girls had begun sparring, one of them fused with her little fairy creature. She didn't really use that form to Damian's dissapointment. The sparring was a bit wild and broken up by a woman. "Well that was interesting" he spoke to himself. Damian realized now he was tired, of course his natural response was to rest. He took action and headed toward his dorm room, looking like a reanimated corpse as he walked. He thought to himself about his failure to ever sleep much and entered his room. He quickly dropped his things and collapsed on his bed wondering what his roommate is like. He didn't wonder long and eventually, he knocked out.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:40 am

With no work left to be done (and no more cat fights to watch), Logan retreated to the library to relax. Tomorrow was a big day, but it was still a while until lights out. In the meantime, some reading might be in order. The junior was a fanatic for anything to do with Scotland, and any information regarding its culture, wars, or mythology were automatically labeled as fascinating reading material and his mind. Of course, he had better things to do than have impromptu study sessions. No, he had an ulterior motive for coming to the library, and she wasn't a book. For this reason, the first thing Logan did upon entering was examine not the extensive collection of tomes, but the student work tables.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:29 am

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus let out a small growl as Alice blew her off. "Must still be mad about the fight" She said to Dot.
With that Lotus shrugged and walked towards the dorms. She began to think about her powers. She had claws, but she wondered about night vision. Could she see in the dark? She figured she'd try it out in her dorm room. She also thought of a fun idea she would try later, provided she could some how open her dorm window.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:34 pm

While watching Alice and Lotus spar, Tsubaki began to contemplate her own combat prowless. So far all the other students Tsubaki had observed had a good offensive capabilaties, even if it was only skill with a weapon. Maybe that was just the way America is though.

"Oh ah..."

Of course Evelyn didn't hear this as she went by. Tsubaki's voice went far below her normal whisper, because, for some reason, she was very intimidated by the girl. She became a little lost in thought as she worried if that might become a serious problem if her plan came to fruition, and missed the break up in the fight between the other two girls.

"...day with our guest? Did you learn anything?" Alice was suddenly a lot calmer, and a lot closer, then a second ago, earning a sqeek form Tsubaki.

"No, not much. But, if I may be so bold, I think I have come up with a plan to at least see if Miss Sulivan is still in danger, and if she is, maybe even capture or defeat the threat." Tsubaki reported as she strained to look up at the tall-than-she Alice. Tsubaki even bore a small grin towards the end of sentance./

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
With Alice and Lotus's little duel coming to a close, Li decided to get some rest before heading out to the junkyard at night. Judging from what he heard in the hospital, Li didn't want to feel tired when whatever is haunting that crane life shows itself. Dom on the other hand didn't think this one through. After watching the fight come to an end, he didn't really know what to do. Looking around, a few people left, but others still remained. He considered talking to a few of them, but starting a conversation wasn't really the type of thing he'd do. With nothing else to do, Dom wandered off to go explore campus a bit, then head to his dorm room. Hopefully his roomate didn't start snooping through his stuff like he would normally do.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Waifu: I'm married
The shy sophomore smiled up at her. It was quite endearing. "You've got a plan?" Alice said thoughtfully as she pulled up a pair of chairs. "Take a seat and share it with me." If they could somehow catch whatever was after Miss Sulivan, maybe they'd be up to speed with the enemy's plans. It was critical to gather as much information as possible.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:56 pm
YIM WWW

"Okay. Well I was thinking that if whatever went after Miss Sulivan before, still wants her, then the best bait would be Miss Sulivan." Tsubaki knew what she just said must not have came out right so she started speaking faster. "Well, not... not the real Miss Sulivan, but one of us dressed up as Miss Sulivan. Well not one of us, us. More like Fiona or Evelyn because they look more like Miss Sulivan than us, us." Now the very act of tripping over her own words was causing Tsubaki to talk even faster. "And, of course, uh... someone, two someones, would go with the her that was picked. Maybe me and someone else, and I could be like a bodyguard, because I'm not intimidating, but also because my powers are good for protection..." A breathe gave Alice a chance to cut in, and given the rate a Tsubaki was going now, the next explotion would probably not be understandable if she didn't.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 pm

The usually silent girl went off on a nervous spiel, as if the dam holding her words back exploded. Fearing another tangent, the senior simply put one finger to Tsubaki's lips. "Shh." She said with a grin. "I need to process all that." From what Alice was able to gather, it sounded like Tsubaki wanted to use someone dressed as Miss Sullivan to set a trap. "... Stranger plans have worked. Who do you have in mind for this?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:06 pm
YIM WWW

"Well..." There was a pause. That kind of pause right before another burst of nonsense, or right before a few words make everything perfectly clear.

In this case... "I just thought that if we dressed up either Evelyn or Fiona and loosely guarded them, we could set up a trap for who or what ever might want Miss Sullivan. And because of my shield and chains, and my unthreatening appearance, I figured I would be a good candidate for the job, and I figured we might need someone with a little more experience than me or a first year student."

After she finished, Tsubaki's eyes darted around nervously. She spoke in clean English and had a great vocabulary, but, as with everyone else in the world, she couldn't always convey what she meant, so she didn't know if this would be any better than her ramble just a moment ago.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:42 pm

"You want to guard one of your comrades while you use them as bait?" Alice said. "Go ahead and try it. Just don't get yourselves kidnapped, okay?" She smiled reassuringly at Tsubaki. "By the way, you don't need to be so shy. You're not going to bother anybody!"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:05 am
YIM WWW

Tsubaki studied Alice as the older girl spoke. She kept encouraging Tsubaki, but politely and reassuringly, even light-heartedly, making the young girl blush a little. This treatment was alien to Tsubaki, except for a rare occasion from her mother. Wanting it to last a little longer she asked, "Okay. Then would you walk with me to the library room? J-just to the outside though, I need to ask Evelyn if she'll be part of my plan, but I want to do it myself."

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 pm
Site Admin

OOC: And once again we come alive, I feel like everyone should just subscribe to the topic so they know when people post <3

Autumn, Friday, 18:00, 6:00 PM

The ceramic floors of Arclight Academy's lush halls were painted orange in the soft light of the setting sun. To some, it would seem early for night to fall, though it was only yet another sign of the shortened days as wintered approached. Like Adi and Li, many of the students ventured home or headed to the mall to catch a film or shop before the gates closed at ten. Many of the freshmen, many who had moved to the city solely for school and still not used to the city, were still too afraid to venture out into town and get lost, or worse yet, trapped outside the gates after curfew. There were many horror stories that the older students would tell the younger students of freshmen who disappeared into the night, never to be seen again. All in all it made Ms. Grey's duties easier, as she did not have to worry about the older children finding their way back, and she didn't have to worry about the younger children getting lost because they stayed in.

-------

Oddly enough, or perhaps not odd at all for this was a distinguished secondary school, the library tower seemed fairly active on this chilly Friday night. Professor Elaine stood idly behind a counter organizing her card catalogue, her long auburn hair falling about her as she focused on her task. Of course, the archaic card catalogue system wasn't necessary, as the school had a fully operational computer system cataloguing all the books contained in the school, but she was a stubborn woman who had an even more stubborn professor who adhered to old practices and taught her to do likewise. She smiled a glittering smile as groups of students walked in and out of the library, though she focused primarily at her task at hand.

John entered the library looking for something which he could read, though the expansive library was quite intimidating should one simply wonder into it without aim. Instead, he found himself at one of the computers dedicated to cataloguing the library books, in which he could search for a particular genre, or author of a book he could possibly be looking for.

Shortly behind John followed Logan, however unlike the earlier boy, he had a mission. He headed to the student work tables where a collective of students had assembled. Sangeeta Purjati sat at one of the desks with her legs crossed as she read through medical journals. In another corner Serena Chan grumbled as she viciously attacked a calculator with the end of her pencil tapping in strange and indicipherable calculations. Seniors Micah Engles and Tyler Hatsfield spoke in hushed voices in a secluded corner of the room. Closest to Logan, though most unawares as she was lost in a book, was Bernice Holiday who looked like she was to be swallowed by the giant armchair she sat in, which rested by a grand unlit fireplace.

------

As Dom entered the room he found Anujan Gujarthanan poised over one of Dom's remaining unpacked boxes like a child who had been caught with his hands in the cookie jar. It was clear the boy had intentions to do a bit of snooping on his roommate before he settled into his room. It was a story he simply couldn't miss! He chuckled as he stepped away from the box awkwardly and walked towards his bed which were covered in various photos of different events that had occured at the school.

"Erm...hi!" spoke Anujan in an attempt to clear the awkwardness from the air "Guess you an' me are roommates this year, huh!"

----------------

August sat on his bed with a lighter in hand as Maximilian entered the room. The lighter was a clear violation of school rules and policy, however it was up to the boys with how they would choose to deal with the new situation they were fixed.

----------------

Lotus managed to get to her room without any sort of slip ups of Dot appearing without her being willed. However when she reached her room, it was empty. Her roommate had clearly already moved in, but she was presently elsewhere, most likely in the school, as she too was a freshman and probably wouldn't have ventured too far from the school property as night fell. However, that wasn't Lotus' problem, for the time being she had the room to herself and would be free to do as she liked.

-----------------

Daniel sat alone in his room with the magical tome he had "borrowed" from the s**** library. Even now, his fine-tuned senses could pick up the potential magical energy that seemed to lie just beneath the covers of the book. However, just as he felt the courage to open the book, the door to his room opened as his roommate entered the room. He froze, not knowing what Damian would say or do after seeing him with the magical book. Luckily for the boy, Damian seemed much more concerned with getting rest. His Spiritorum senses had been stretched thin that day, for learning to find magical trails took a lot out of an individual, and thus Daniel watched in silent terror as Damian trudged across the room as if sleepwalking and passed out in his bed across the room. Daniel was presented with yet another option, would he dare risk casting a spell while Damian was asleep in the room? Or would Damian's newly honed sense pick up on the workings of magic ocuring in a close proximity?

-----------------

While it was nice and all to sit with the group of her peers, Evelyn personally didn't care for it any longer. Truthfully, she wante to go back to her own room, sit cross-legged while floating above her bed and practice the new ability which she had demonstrated earlier that day. She got up suddenly, causing Timothy to stop his playing, and the rest of the group to look at her with questioning expressions.

"I've got to go call home" she said as what she believed to be a smooth lie.

"That's cool, we'll see you aroud?" replied Kyle with that accursedly charming smile of his.

"Ah, yes,"she said with an odd pause "I will be seeing you...?" she meant to state it as a sentence but for some reason unbenknownst to her it came out as a question. Not wanting to embarass herself any further, or mingle with her peers, she speed-walked to her room. She only slowed down once, as she passed by one particular room, she sensed something peculiar, though she shook her head and continued her walk to her room.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:41 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Adi was headed in the direction of home but then for no real reason, he decided to drop by the dollar shop. It was near the Mystorium but it's not like was going to snoop around or anything. There was probably something he could pick up, if not there then at Nick's Knacks. He did trust his juniors after all. It's not like it was hard to throw them pretty far. As he turned from Longview and Ericson, he did a quickly scan of the area and detected no evil intentions so far. Mind at ease, he stepped in to the dollar shop next to the burger joint and browsed.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:15 pm

It took a moment for Logan to spot Bernice, enveloped as she was by the armchair. Having her head buried in a book didn't make locating her easier either. It didn't matter though. That quirk of hers was particularly endearing, at least to him. Eagerly, the junior made his way to a seat near the girl and almost immediately attempted to strike up conversation.
"Hey, Bernice. What're ye readin' there?" He inquired enthusiastically.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus waited in her room for something fun to happen. She finally got bored enough to summon Dot in her room. Dot wasn't at all fun. Dot just curled up on the bed and went to sleep. Lotus sighed and had Dot dispelled. Lotus got up and decided to travel around the school.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:02 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 98  Next