The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:57 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113  Next
[PC] League of Legends 

trying to show you what a s*** eating drone you are, dota's not perfect and is still held together by s***
it never had an alpha, it just started out as a map that got picked up by an autistic dude who made the game appealing to everyone

riot's a** too but their gameplay has long since strayed from dota's
experimental heroes just don't fit in anymore, it's like bloodline champions but successful

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
{420}sMoKeWeEd{420} wrote:
trying to show you what a s#%$& eating drone you are, dota's not perfect and is still held together by s#%$&

experimental heroes just don't fit in anymore, it's like bloodline champions but successful

didnt say dota was the jesus game of the internets. im too busy riding starcraft's dick to worry about mobas.

Adopted by Shounic

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:08 pm

is there something wrong with having multiple demons in the same game? i don't actually understand the top half of the picture. i don't see how having a ninja and a chick with a gun is so much better than having broodmother and wisp. it seems like opinion right there. seems quite cherrypicked as well - i notice how you skipped over the 50 assassins league has and the more assassins leagues gonna get.

also in dota you can get cosmetic items from random drops. you don't have to pay for s*** unless you think its worth your money. you can also replace announcer voices with modding, completely revamp character models and s*** if you're into that s***. i don't personally buy cosmetic s*** from dota 2 but im sure someone thinks its worth their time.

tl;dr your picture is bad and you should feel bad

Adopted by Shounic

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:22 pm
Site Moderator

Nobody wrote:
trying to show you what a s#%$& eating drone you are, dota's not perfect and is still held together by s#%$&

didnt say dota was the jesus game of the internets. im too busy riding starcraft's dick to worry about mobas.

I love Gook Click 2 and everything made by Blizzard™! I can't wait to pay full price for all these expansions coming out and am eager to see how many more of our pro players switch to other games!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:32 am

Ichigo wrote:
Nobody wrote:

I love Gook Click 2 and everything made by Blizzard™! I can't wait to pay full price for all these expansions coming out and am eager to see how many more of our pro players switch to other games!

you're trolling pretty hard but honestly the fact that many sc2 pros are switching to other esports doesn't actually mean anything.
when sc2 was the "flagship" esport it was pretty much the only big PC esport at the time. as a result the pro pool got heavily inflated and everry pro wanted to play sc2. but now that there's an introduction of competition its inevitable that the inflated pro pool will pop and people will move. aka typical monopoly + introduction of competition jazz

tl;dr economics 101

Adopted by Shounic

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Nobody wrote:
Ichigo wrote:
Nobody wrote:

you're trolling pretty hard but honestly the fact that many sc2 pros are switching to other esports doesn't actually mean anything.
when sc2 was the "flagship" esport it was pretty much the only big PC esport at the time. as a result the pro pool got heavily inflated and everry pro wanted to play sc2. but now that there's an introduction of competition its inevitable that the inflated pro pool will pop and people will move. aka typical monopoly + introduction of competition jazz

tl;dr economics 101

it's more like starcraft 2 lacks every feature necessary to remain popular and makes no effort to stay competitive
look into it on reddit or something because they have lists of s*** blizzard did wrong
games don't just DIE out in such a short time, people still play diablo II and broodwar yet diablo 3 instanty lost all of its players within a week and starcraft 2 is going to s***

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Nobody wrote:
Ichigo wrote:
Nobody wrote:

tl;dr economics 101

it's more like starcraft 2 lacks every feature necessary to remain popular and makes no effort to stay competitive
look into it on reddit or something because they have lists of s#%$& blizzard did wrong
games don't just DIE out in such a short time, people still play diablo II and broodwar yet diablo 3 instanty lost all of its players within a week and starcraft 2 is going to s#%$&

i wasn't saying anything about whether starcraft was a good game or not in that post, only stating a reason why people shouldn't be surprised that people are moving from starcraft 2 to other esports now that there's competition.

and only retards still think starcraft 2 is dying. with 90k people watching the MLG sc2 twitch streams (not counting own3d, or directly from the MLG site itself), and all the recent blizzard changes (which anyone at all up to date with the times in sc2 would know a lot about), it's obviously been shown time and time again that the "sc2 is dying ohmygerd" is total s***. blizzard has been doing nothing but positive things in recent times with all their changes to the game.

your opinion is misinformed, sir

Adopted by Shounic

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:21 pm
Site Moderator

Nobody wrote:
Ichigo wrote:
Nobody wrote:

tl;dr economics 101

But that's all wrong, all of it. Starcraft II was never considered the flagship of eSports, just because you say something doesn't mean it's true. If you actually knew anything about eSports you'd be aware that DotA was a massive eSport in China before Starcraft II was ever released and at the time had more professional players than Starcraft II(This also holds true(Save the player count) for 1.6/Warcraft III/Quake, just in different parts of the world, Europe/Korea/Europe respectively). If you want to talk about anything being in its hay-day you'd have to talk about Broodwar, and yet you'd still be wrong considering the fact that Brood War was not alone in its era as an eSport since at the time Unreal, Quake, and Doom were all upcoming.

tl;dr your claims have no basis and are untrue, players aren't leaving just because there's options now, they're leaving because there are better options.

Quote:
and only retards still think starcraft 2 is dying. with 90k people watching the MLG sc2 twitch streams (not counting own3d, or directly from the MLG site itself), and all the recent blizzard changes (which anyone at all up to date with the times in sc2 would know a lot about), it's obviously been shown time and time again that the "sc2 is dying ohmygerd" is total s***. blizzard has been doing nothing but positive things in recent times with all their changes to the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7rH1C964uA - Enjoy, and enjoy knowing that Starcraft II has been mishandled for far too long. Starcraft II's viewer count has drop almost 38% in just under a year, and even the professional players acknowledge this. Even better is the Starcraft II's player count has dropped drastically due to the custom game portion of the Starcraft II being handled miserably, the very same function that gave life to Warcraft III and its professional scene was mishandled and can be attributed heavily for the decline in Battle.net 2.0 users.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Ichigo wrote:
But that's all wrong, all of it. Starcraft II was never considered the flagship of eSports, just because you say something doesn't mean it's true. If you actually knew anything about eSports you'd be aware that DotA was a massive eSport in China before Starcraft II was ever released and at the time had more professional players than Starcraft II(This also holds true(Save the player count) for 1.6/Warcraft III/Quake, just in different parts of the world, Europe/Korea/Europe respectively). If you want to talk about anything being in its hay-day you'd have to talk about Broodwar, and yet you'd still be wrong considering the fact that Brood War was not alone in its era as an eSport since at the time Unreal, Quake, and Doom were all upcoming.

tl;dr your claims have no basis and are untrue, players aren't leaving just because there's options now, they're leaving because there are better options.

i'm not saying that sc2 was the creator of esports, or even started it. but when it came out it was widely regarded as the game that was supposed to carry on the huuuuuuge broodwar legacy that brought in undoubtably the largest esports crowds ever. i know about the wc3/quake/cs1.6/dota1/bw eras, i'm not totally clueless about those. but to say that at sc2's most recent peaks (2011ish), when mlg had it, wcs had it, iem had it, etc etc, and it drew in the most viewers of the dota crowds, it was not considered THE esport of that one period of time, is kind of weird.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7rH1C964uA - Enjoy, and enjoy knowing that Starcraft II has been mishandled for far too long. Starcraft II's viewer count has drop almost 38% in just under a year, and even the professional players acknowledge this. Even better is the Starcraft II's player count has dropped drastically due to the custom game portion of the Starcraft II being handled miserably, the very same function that gave life to Warcraft III and its professional scene was mishandled and can be attributed heavily for the decline in Battle.net 2.0 users.

but it looks like it's going up from here. yes i understand fully that sc2 has been mishandled by blizzard since its inception. there's been so many high expectations that blizzard has consistently failed to hit time and time again. but as a diehard sc2 player i can't help but be optimistic with the recent blizzard changes that have only been in tune with what the community wants.

i can't see sc2 being a dead game right now. again repeating myself, not with the 90k people who tuned in to see the hugest sc2 big names bash heads at MLG dallas, even with the lol stream getting 120k or whatever. time can only tell who's right about the future of sc2, especially with the onset of hots.

Adopted by Shounic

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:24 am

Hi I'm posting to let you know that Starcraft 2 is dying and League had over 8 million unique viewers for world championship (With 1.1Mil peak concurrent.) so IDK where you get your numbers. OK bye forever.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Belthazar666 wrote:
Hi I'm posting to let you know that Starcraft 2 is dying and League had over 8 million unique viewers for world championship (With 1.1Mil peak concurrent.) so IDK where you get your numbers. OK bye forever.

where the f*** did i ever deny that league of legends has a buttload of viewers?

Adopted by Shounic

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:24 pm

wow you guys are really autistic

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:28 pm

kyuubit wrote:
wow you guys are really autistic

ya dude liek totaly

Adopted by Shounic

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
hey i just bought a new rune set i wanna specify it for a champ should i do poppy or sona

I AM APPLE

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 pm
 [ 1681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113  Next