The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 12:42 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
John stared at the blinking cursor and contemplated which book he should read. The genre itself was pretty self explanatory. He didn't have any particular author in mind he was interested in, so instead of milling around the computer all night, he simply looked up all the mystery books the library had to offer. Which certainly they would have a plentora of books to choose from. He clicked enter and sighed as he scrolled down the page. "The Sun Man" by Sarah Patrick (made up book and author, BTW) sparked some interest. After looking up the book itself, he took it to the front desk to check it out, hoping it would be a good read.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
With not much left to do for today, Li decided to just take it easy and head back home. Adi went off to do his own thing, so Li figured he would ask about his progress tomorrow. No one else was home at his apartment when he entered. Li figured he would grab something to eat then study before heading off to bed. Looking in the fridge, there was a surprising lack of leftovers. With very little ability to cook, Li decided to head out for a quick bite. Tea Time was close enough, so he settled for there. With food in hand, he headed back up to his apartment, only to find his parents came home. Quickly greeting them, Li headed straight to his room to study, then head to bed.

Dome never got around to unpacking all his items, but after seeing what his roomate was doing with his unpacked boxes, he suddenly had much more motivation to finish. This was the first time Dom has seen his roomate before, and the first impression was not a good one.

"You weren't just looking through my stuff?," Dom said as he tossed his blazer onto his bed, only to sit on it after, "Were you?".

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Waifu: I'm married
"Of course!" Alice said graciously. Tsubaki's reactions were entertaining, to say the least. The senior threw her school jacket on to cover the holes in the back of her shirt and turned back to the girl. Her eyes sparkled with excitement and without thinking she grabbed Tsubaki's hand and started gently leading her towards the exit. It seemed her junior's plan interested her much more than the mission she was supposed to be planning.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:11 am
YIM WWW

OOC: OH YEAH i forgot

Daniel watched in terror as his roommate trudged in and flopped down on the bed. "Maybe... Maybe I'm invisible!" He thought to himself as he stood up. Daniel examined his roommate. The boy had dark hair and a muscular build, and was sleeping soundly like he didn't even exist, seemingly quite talented at falling asleep quickly. Opening the book, he called out the first spell he read. Hopefully it wasn't "The Spell of A Thousand Snare Drums" or anything like that.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:55 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

A young man, looking like he was barely older than Adi himself and a child stood at the register with a basket filled with various toiletries and other small items. The young man looked travel worn, and would occasionally glance around the room. If Adi payed closer attention he would take note that the young man was glancing at every emergency exit within the store before looking sternly back at the cash register as it beeped with every item that was charged. The child was much less travel worn, and world weary, though the child's eyes spoke of an age quite beyond what was shown. The child stood on his tip-toes to watch as each item was scanned and smiled up at the female cashier innocently. Besides looking like a pair of poorer kids, there was nothing unusual about the duo.

The dollar store was fairly quiet. Besides the brothers at the front, and a few other customers perusing around the back, there was not too much going on within the store. That is, until he felt a cold wind blow through the store, followed by a series of whispers. No one else seemed troubled within the store, so it was truly only Adi who could hear the foreign voices.

"Angelorum" they whispered unceasingly. Adi could not sense the presence of the source of the varied whispers, but he knew for sure they were not of demon origin. Oddly it felt like he was being watched by a host, perhaps even a court, of entities wondering what he would then do next.

---------------------------------------

Bernice looked up from her book slowly with a rare and honest smile, typically a thing she only shared with her friends like Logan. "Oh, it's a really interesting book," she said while putting a bookmark into place and closing the book "It's about the city here, Darren," she tucked one of her micro-braids behind her ear "For instance, did you know that this city was once called Arclight? And that Headmaster Berkham's ancestors were some of the original founders of this city? There really is so much history here!" she paused, composing herself as she was beginning to feel a tad unlike herself getting worked up in public, especially considering that they were in the library "How are you Logan?" she asked softly "I feel as though I haven't seen you here in a while" had she been the more bold type, she would've asked if the Archive Club was keeping him busy, but she didn't like to pry.

Lotus exited her room having quickly become bored with her surroundings in her room and came upon a collection of girls, all of them from higher grades than herself. Regina, Aliyah, Trish, and Chantelle, each carried a large brown bag, hedge trimmers, trowels and an assortment of other garden paraphernalia.

"Hey there freshman" spoke Chantelle smoothly, her voice seemed lulling, like the sound of a babbling brook gently bubbling by the riverbank. Her fiery red hair was loosely braided into a pony-tail that she had pulled over her shoulder and tied with a green ribbon. "I believe you're newer than the rest, so you may not have heard, but we have a gardening club here," she raised her brown recyclable bag to Lotus "If you'd like, you're free to join us as well, we'll be cleaning the courtyard as we prepare the plants of the winter season." With that set, Chantelle turned to walk towards the dorm courtyard, and the gaggle of girls followed closely behind her.

-------------------------------------

Professor Elaine looked up from her card cataloguing to help John as he approached with a book in hand. "Ah yes, The Sun Man," she said with a note of nostalgia, "I remember reading it during one of my undergrad years, it was quite the profound read. In fact, it was what made me decide to be a professor. I hope you enjoy the book, young man" she said while completing the required checking out procedure and handing the book back to the boy.

-------------------------------------

Anujan laughed awkwardly as he was well aware that he had been caught, a novice mistake. He mentally chided himself on his poor journalism skills, but perhaps he'd be able to talk himself out of this one. "No....well, yes....but it was for the school newspaper!" He frowned, his excuse was a lot worse sounding out loud than it did in his head. "Look, a lot of people are wondering how you got into the school. No offence, but you don't look rich, so I thought to myself maybe he's here on some sort of scholarship, maybe he's a genius or has some sort of talent worth mastering at our prestigious academy. On top of that, you're in that mysterious Darren Archive Club, which the general public doesn't know a single shred of information about. Not in all the years of this academy. Believe me, I've checked. So yeah, I went through your stuff....well, I hadn't actually got to go through anything, but that was my intention." He nodded his head feeling proud of himself.

--------------------------------------

As Daniel fumbled over the odd words that appeared in the book, each syllable and word glowed golden, as if it were all some big karaoke game. "Kakenda locus, kowosum." - Roughly meaning, "I summon fire in this place." As soon as the words were spoken, a minute flash of energy could be felt throughout the school. Only those with heightened senses, such as the Angelorum, the Spiritorum (sans Daniel who remained comatose from exhaustion), the Fluunt and Daniel himself would sense the wave of energy. However, shortly following the wave, was a single orb of fire floating in thin air over the open spell book.

With her door safely shut and locked behind her, Evelyn hopped onto her bed and closed her eyes. She crossed her legs and through her own choosing began to levitate off of her bed as she meditated. It was a practice that had been instilled in her by her father, despite her mother's adverse rejection to the practice of meditation and the dangers it entailed. It allowed her mind to wander, her spirit to stretch farther, allowing her to seemingly slip beyond the veil, or at least one layer of it. She often used it to determine the spiritual activities occurring around herself, and made her feel more prepared.

She could feel herself "slipping", or so she called it, as the confines of her body seemed to melt away and she could feel her spiritual self floating from her body. She could no longer see her room, neither the school around her. All was darkness aside from the light of her own soul as she floated deeper into the darkness. She could hear whispers, and see dim lights all around her, telling her where various spirits resided. Far beneath her, she could sense Sir William and his assorted spectral colleagues. In the far distance along what she believed to be the horizon she could see the various activities of spirits and what she feared may be demons as well. The city was a wreck. Evelyn continued flying until she came to an absurdity within this level of the veil; a wall. Immediately she began to panic, her mother had often warned about the dangers of astral projection, and how one may get trapped or lost in the spirit realm, their body left-soulless and stuck in a comatose state until they died.

"You should not be here" chided a maternal voice, for reasons beyond her comprehension, Evelyn suddenly felt calmed, despite every part of her being wanting to panic. Again the voice spoke firmly "You should not be here" The darkness of the realm immediately began to fill with light and before Evelyn could plead for forgiveness and asked to be set free, she found herself on her bed gasping for air with her eyes wide open. In the back of her mind she felt that she sensed the familiar sense from one of the rooms before but she pushed all other thoughts aside as she wrapped herself in her blanket as she shuddered uncontrollably; thankful that she was alive and in her body again. Would she tell the others what had happened?

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Logan listened attentively as his friend talked about the history of Darren. History had always been a passion of his. He doubted there was a single person knew him who didn't think he had his head stuck in the past. Bernice, shared this interest, if to a lesser degree.
"Aye. I'm afraid that between classes, fiddle practice and the archive club, I havenae had much time fer catchin' up on my readin'." He replied, looking a bit despondent. He did love to read, as long as history or historical fiction was involved. He stopped for a moment, thinking of something.
"Say, that book wouldnae happen tae have any information about that Mystorium off o' Longview road, would it?"

Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:24 am

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus didn't really hear all if what the girl said, she was to occupied trying to figure out a way to chase that bright green ribbon. When the girl handed Lotus a ugly brown bag. "Wha?..Oh ya sure?" She usually didn't CLEAN stuff. but she could possibly cut down a tree or two as she "gardened". She could even make some new friends, she didn't usually hang out with the less popular. But Lotus was all about making friends. She followed the group, as she silently prayed to Talos for Dot to just stay out of this.
(Sorry couldn't help the skyrim reference.)

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Daniel curiously observed the floating orb of fire. It was beautiful to the eye. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, it was like he had his own miniature star! He considered trying to touch the orb, but thought better of it and checked to see if his roommate was awake. Seeing him still sleeping soundly he returned his eyes to the tome. After a bit of practice, he would probably try to form some sort of secret magic club. Following the example set in the book, he tried to move the flaming orb.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:33 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Even with a floating orb of fire in the room, Damian was hardly bothered. The powerful force of exhaustion dulled his senses greatly. In his sleep, he merely shuffled around the bed a bit and mumbled something like, " Mum, turn on the AC." He then grew quiet again and finally, the tolerable yet bothersome snoring from Damian began.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:01 am

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
After Johnathan thanked Professor Elaine and received his book, he left and headed back to his room. He felt a bit more confident in his choice, after seeing how much she regarded it. If this book was so good it made Professor Elaine choose her career, what was to say about him after he read it? In any case, he wasn't going to start reading it right away though. He planned on practicing his sigils, especially expanding his diversity with Muto. He entered his room, set his book down and started practicing.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
'So this is what that was about,' Dom thought to himself. He never really noticed how mysterious his entrance to the academy was until his roommate pointed that out to him. Thinking about it, if it weren't for his special powers, there actually was absolutely nothing keeping him in the school. The closest thing that could possibly keep him in would be some form of athletics, but until he learns to control his powers, Dom decided to avoid any sort of large movements that could trigger his power. Being on the ball with clever responses was never Dom's thing, so he played it off quick and simple.

"I have my reasons like you have yours," he said as he shoved what was still packed under his bed. He really had no plan to unpack it and he probably still won't. When he needs something from it, he'll go get it himself.

"Now if you don't mind," he continued, "I would like some sleep." Tossing his shoes off, he climbed into bed and got ready to ignore Anujan.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:27 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
What a farce Adi thought. Disembodied voices rang in his head. I wonder what they want from me? He had felt the cold wind that preceded them so they must be at least invisible to the mundanes around him. They were also not tripping up his evil detection either. State your identity, he thought with his mind. As he did so, he picked up a craft knife, a small one and queued up behind the nervous young man and his younger friend at the register.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:54 pm
Site Admin

Bernice looked downwards while scratching her head with one of her fingers. "Ah yes" she said as she recollected her memories "The Mystorium has existed for quite a while; it's much older than the name of Darren. Legend states that the property once belonged to a family going by the name of Silverman. Now, here's where it starts to get a bit...odd..."she said with a skeptical tone "The Silverman family were supposedly acclaimed conjurers of magic. The whole reading the future, communicating with the dead, making weird stuff happen, abracadabra and all that. At first the townspeople liked them, because they had various herbal remedies and those sorts of things, but once children started to disappear from the town during the night, the townspeople blamed the Silverman family. Ebeneezer and Mary Silverman, the parents of the family were arrested and ultimately burned at the stake, while their children; Agnes, Edith, Balthazar, Thomas and Isabel were supposedly killed after the town lit the house on fire while the children slept. Apparently you can still hear the children screaming on the night of a new moon in the Mystorium, or so they say. Others say that the children escaped the fires and fled into the wilderness."
Bernice shrugged "I say it's all a load of hooey, and someone accidentally knocked over a lantern and killed an innocent family."

--------------------------------------

The girls chatted among themselves as they walked to the courtyard. They giggled and joked with each other as they removed the last weeds that had sprouted before the winter chills ceased any further growing, and cut down plants so that they would grow back bigger and more beautiful in the coming spring. Chantelle took note of Lotus by herself and walked over to the girl's side. Squatting beside the younger girl with her trowel in hand, she flicked her silky red hair that seemed to shimmer in the light over her shoulder and smiled at the girl.

"So Lotus," she spoke in a gentle manner "Beautiful name by the way, how goes your first year in Arclight thus far? Have you made many friends?"

"Magic is twenty percent spellery, ten percent willpower, and seventy percent mental vigour," stated the book "One must have the words to activate the magic, the will to power the magic and the mind to instruct the magic. In regards to stareomancy, otherwise known as the magic of nature, the most basic, and the most draining, spells call forth an orb of an element in its purest form. Assuming that one has the spiritual capacity to feed this most basic of spells, one simply needs to mentally instruct the orb to act and it will do so. For those who are untrained in such mental practices, speaking aloud may serve as a temporary crutch.

One may ask, if I can instruct this orb to do whatever, why do I need more spells beyond summoning the orb? The answer to this quite simply is efficiency. As one commands an elemental orb to act through mental or vocal instruction, it rapidly depletes one's spiritual reserves, from which the magic feeds, leading to a sudden extinguishing of the orb. Thus it is necessary to learn the magical vocabulary designed by the magi of old to efficiently use and direct ones spiritual energy into magical tasks.

-----------------------------------------

Johnny entered the room only to find Carter asleep on the bed on his side of the room. It was odd really, he hadn't seen his friend for quite a while and his personality seemed to have changed greatly since they first met. It was almost as if he were another person. Carter didn't even show up to the club meetings any longer, and he had missed the last mission as well. Perhaps the first mission turned out to be too much for the gentle, yet reckless, boy to handle?

Nevertheless, Johnny's attention was piqued by an envelope that had been placed on his bed. It was addressed to him and sealed with what appeared to be a golden sun on the back. Opening the envelope he could feel slight tingling sensation as his hand slid along the seal and he unfolded the letter. Inside was a marking of a sigil that he was unfamiliar with, underneath it the words "Learn it." were written in cursive.

-------------------------------------------

"Come on!" begged Anujan "Don't be like that dude! This could be one of the biggest stories....EVER...in Arclight no DARREN CITY history. NO ONE knows anything about the Darren Archive Club. You'd be a hero man. Just a tiny expose, that's all I ask. You're not like the rest of them, all snooty and stuck up. Living in their own little secret worlds. Even those freshmen, look at that Maximilian kid or that Evelyn chick, they're way into whatever weirdness is going on in that club of yours! Pleaasseee!!"

-------------------------------------------

The child looked up at Adi as he lined up behind him, and the voices immediately stopped. The child then grabbed his brother's hand, while his older brother took the various plastic bags he had been handed in his other hand and the two casually walked out of the store.

"Hi there sir, did you find everything you were looking for?" asked the cashier.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus helped removing the weeds. There were few things Lotus was good at but cut things up was one of them. She got a small amount of enjoyment out of gardening and chasing small insects here and there. A older girl with red hair walked over to Lotus. Lotus stared at the girl with a kind of strange face when the girl began to question her. "Well I know Alice but we're not really friends. Then there's August, But well it's complicated." Lotus smiled at the girl. "By the way I don't know your names at all." Lotus hoped to be invited into their little group. Prehaps these could be her step up into the popularity ladder.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
"Just this," Adi said, dropping the knife on the counter and a dollar.

After a brief beep, he collected his purchase and left. The voices stopped as soon as his eyes met another and he reckoned they would return once he stopped interacting with fellow humans. Leaning next to the store, he inspected the craft knife he got and waited for the voices to either return or until he got hungry and left. Adi looked up at the darkening sky and hoped tonight would be a full moon.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:26 am
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 98  Next