The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:48 pm

[ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Sonic 

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
TSF.Strife wrote:
Sonario wrote:
He still feels too slow. Even if you don't give him the Sonic Wave or any real changes, a speed buff is in order.

bagrielmarmanjo wrote:
His run speed feels slower than Falcon and Fox

His run speed feels slow because his initial dash speed isn't as fast as Falcon, Fox or Pichu, and he also has to accelerate.

Zombie_Guy wrote:
What if sonic’s Neutral Special let him home onto and bounce off projectiles, destroying them, at the cost of not being able to homing attack again until he landed?

Too broken?

PsychoSSF2 wrote:
Too broken. Like, Smash 4 Bayonetta broken.

Wrong.

This change is actually alright. Disabling Homing Attack until landing is the counter and it still doesn't help him vs pure zoning characters and it also removes a combo option from Sonic at the cost of marginally improving neutral.

Smash 4 Bayonetta levels of broken would probably be.
Zombie_Guy wrote:
What if sonic’s Neutral Special was invincible and let him home onto and bounce off projectiles, destroying them?

Too broken?

And Brawl Meta Knight broken would make Homing Attack let Sonic glide afterwards.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Mon May 06, 2019 9:10 am

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
Sonario wrote:
Nonya wrote:
Needing to accelerate into a run is very much in-character for Sonic. Outside of the boost games, thats just how Sonic handles, with a high top speed and low acceleration.

Well he doesn't really have much room or time to accelerate in Smash. Being faster than the rest without accelerating would be nice.

Naturally it doesn't need to be as severe as it is in the Genesis games, but I see nothing wrong with a short acceleration period during his initial run.

Mon May 06, 2019 11:22 am

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
Seems like any recovery move that doesn't leave the character helpless can be used twice in a row if you jump and use it at the same time (with the exception of Sora for some reason, he just gets some fancy gyroscope trails while standing in place)

Sonic can UpB twice too, but you need to use an attack first before UpB'ing again
Note that he still loses his air jump, and the spring jump only goes slightly further up than a normal double jump, so this isn't anything crazy at all, more like if you want to show off

Also, yes you do get a bugged helpless state, but it won't "softlock" your controls and you can still drift around, this will only happen if you try to UpB again before attacking first as i've found out

quick edit:
It seems that with this tech however, Sonic can use his NeutralB/SideB right away after a spring jump, instead of only his DownB

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:23 am

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
that second gif is pretty funny

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:40 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Welp, RIP Final Form Super Sonic. Still, at least the semi-final form one is still strong.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:49 am
 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12