The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:04 am

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
DSwift wrote:
To be honest, I though Cloud was one of the least likely of the remaining SSF characters to get in, seeing as he hadn't appeared on a Nintendo console before 2015. To be honest with you, I think Cloud is going in.

The other least likely ones were:
Shadow (4 Sonic reps is a bit too much) He is HIGHLY likely to get in because of the heavy fan demand he has.
Crono
I kinda agree with you, but then again with the direction this game seems to be heading, ANYBODY could come back, including Chrono.

Bold are my notes.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:04 pm

MGN Username: RespectThePixel
Currently Playing: Smash Wii U, every Touhou game ever
Waifu: Alice Margatroid
Goku2500 wrote:
DSwift wrote:
To be honest, I though Cloud was one of the least likely of the remaining SSF characters to get in, seeing as he hadn't appeared on a Nintendo console before 2015. To be honest with you, I think Cloud is going in.

The other least likely ones were:
Shadow (4 Sonic reps is a bit too much) He is HIGHLY likely to get in because of the heavy fan demand he has.
Crono
I kinda agree with you, but then again with the direction this game seems to be heading, ANYBODY could come back, including Chrono.

Bold are my notes.

Hmm, interesting. The way I see it, it's the opposite, because of the way the direction this game is heading, I see a lot less third-party characters getting in. They seem to be focusing on more veterans and Nintendo newcomers with the recent demos.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:32 am

MGN Username: blackking1700
I think its so funny how whenever a character is added to smash everyone in the speculation topic says:" "X" is in Smash so he's gonna be in SSF2".

I don't think we're getting cloud, I think Black Mage replaced him. The only thing Cloud has for him is that he was in SSF1 ad that he's in the official games(but not even this should make a difference this late in development).

Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:49 pm

MGN Username: Mr.Xenomega
Currently Playing: SSB4 - SSF2 - Mario Kart 8 - Pokemon X
blackking1700 wrote:
I think its so funny how whenever a character is added to smash everyone in the speculation topic says:" "X" is in Smash so he's gonna be in SSF2".

That is a really really lousy statement , at this point Mcleodgaming has pretty much gone on the trolling levels of sakurai (Im pretty sure we can all agree on this). So anything (Not really anything) can happen. With the exception of fan characters , there just out.

Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Mr.Xenomega wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:

That is a really really lousy statement , at this point Mcleodgaming has pretty much gone on the trolling levels of sakurai (Im pretty sure we can all agree on this). So anything (Not really anything) can happen. With the exception of fan characters , there just out.

Best statement ever!!!

Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:42 pm

Mr.Xenomega wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:

I'm aware that anything is possible, I was just saying that a lot of the characters that where added to Smash4 specifically were revealed after the Roster Finalization Date. Not saying that none of them are likely, I was talking about Cloud specifically and why I don't think he's gonna be in SSF2. I wasn't tryin' to offend anyone by saying what I said(if that's what just happened).

Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:07 pm

blackking1700 wrote:
Mr.Xenomega wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:

I'm aware that anything is possible, I was just saying that a lot of the characters that where added to Smash4 specifically were revealed after the Roster Finalization Date. Not saying that none of them are likely, I was talking about Cloud specifically and why I don't think he's gonna be in SSF2. I wasn't tryin' to offend anyone by saying what I said(if that's what just happened).

You were not offending me. I kinda agree with you too, but just because the roster was finalized, the devs could have reserved a spot for anyone in SSB4. One other point is that when the roster was being changed, just because Black Mage got in does NOT mean that he is Cloud's replacement. No, I think the devs put Black Mage in there because Black Mage adds something new to the table. Just because Cloud is a swordsmen DOES NOT mean he was cut. SSF2 has plenty of swordsmen in the game, but that DOES NOT mean there will no more swordsmen. Cloud was an unlockable character in SSF1, so he could also return as an unlockable fighter in v1.0.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:46 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Cloud was deconfirmed imo

He was planned but then he was dropped from the roster entirely.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:00 pm
YIM

Shine-chan wrote:

Source?

@Goku2500 That was just my opinion on why I thought Cloud wouldn't make it. That said, I think we're gonna have an equal amount of 3rd parties for each represented series, which means we'd be getting like 7 more 3rd parties instead of the 2 that are most likely left.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:42 am

ssf2xmetal slug

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Shine-chan wrote:

How do you know this? And how can you be sure? cause i dont honestly think the roster will ever really get finalized until we know the game is done ( I don't believe the "Roster Finalization Date" ). Cause lets be honest here, there still only doing the "starting roster" for beta. Saying that they haven't done any of the unlocked characters or future content after beta, so they can easily add other character to the roster. Heck the games still not even in beta ( well almost. ) So you cant really say you know for a fact. Cause after beta for the final version to come, it could be years!

I speculate...
- Snake
- Pit
- Ice Climbers
- And Knuckles For Beta

Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:33 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: KingTremolo
Currently Playing: Super Mario 64, Monster Hunter 4, Sonic Generations
Mr.Xenomega wrote:
Shine-chan wrote:

How do you know this? And how can you be sure? cause i dont honestly think the roster will ever really get finalized until we know the game is done ( I don't believe the "Roster Finalization Date" ). Cause lets be honest here, there still only doing the "starting roster" for beta. Saying that they haven't done any of the unlocked characters or future content after beta, so they can easily add other character to the roster. Heck the games still not even in beta ( well almost. ) So you cant really say you know for a fact. Cause after beta for the final version to come, it could be years!

I speculate...
- Snake
- Pit
- Ice Climbers
- And Knuckles For Beta

I don't recall the exact details, but back when the game was announced and the first demo came out, there was a public sprite database, and the full roster was known. So we know he was planned at one point, but I do not recall him ever being deconfirmed necessarily.

I'd say unless it was specifically stated otherwise, him being on the original roster bodes well.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:39 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Yeah there was a public sprite database alright. Some of the old sprites are still on the MG wiki, and the ones for the fanmade characters I found leftover at the bottom of the abyss that is known as Google Images. Since we're talking about Cloud, here's the Cloud one.
Doesn't look half bad imo. I think it could easily be reworked with, though if Cloud does get in I'd rather have him in his outfit from Advent Children.
Anyway, cut from the game or not, the devs would never reveal anything about any unconfirmed character by this point, so I'm anticipating absolutely anything.
And it's probably a good thing the roster's kept secret too. Imagine the rage, the rave, the rebellion...

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:35 am

I am speculating Pac-Man, Knuckles, and one more newcomer for Beta. It has been so long since there have been announcements, so I think the Devs are working on more characters for the game, so those are who I am speculating.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:39 am

☻Danny☻ wrote:
Yeah there was a public sprite database alright. Some of the old sprites are still on the MG wiki, and the ones for the fanmade characters I found leftover at the bottom of the abyss that is known as Google Images. Since we're talking about Cloud, here's the Cloud one.
[ Image ]
Doesn't look half bad imo. I think it could easily be reworked with, though if Cloud does get in I'd rather have him in his outfit from Advent Children.
Anyway, cut from the game or not, the devs would never reveal anything about any unconfirmed character by this point, so I'm anticipating absolutely anything.
And it's probably a good thing the roster's kept secret too. Imagine the rage, the rave, the rebellion...

Indeed Danny...Indeed :nod:

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:17 pm
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 189  Next