The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:00 pm

[ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next
Best Players to Learn From For Each Character 
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Mr.Z wrote:
CSWooly wrote:
Ouch lol. I'm really getting the impression Z doesn't like me.

I don't like majority of the players in this community, some I absolutely hate. It's not that I want to keep only you off this list, but I'm trying to save spots for people who absolutely deserves to be on here. To be completely honest, no one should even be listed under Sora because no one fully understands his meta yet.

Does anyone fully understand the meta of any characters yet? Considering that this demo has been out since last August, I highly doubt that anyone fully understands the meta of any of the characters.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sun May 10, 2015 10:00 am
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
CSWooly wrote:
Does anyone fully understand the meta of any characters yet? Considering that this demo has been out since last August, I highly doubt that anyone fully understands the meta of any of the characters.

But no one has the slightest idea on how to play Sora yet. All I hear about Eldog's sora is "he spams upb." A Sora that most people say spams a lot should not be on this list whatsoever.

Sun May 10, 2015 10:06 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Mr.Z wrote:
CSWooly wrote:

But no one has the slightest idea on how to play Sora yet. All I hear about Eldog's sora is "he spams upb." A Sora that most people say spams a lot should not be on this list whatsoever.

1)
Does anyone know how to use any of the newcomers to maximum potential? Sora hasn't got a large playerbase, and only around 5 dedicated mains (including me), so we're doing what we can

2)
I can see that, but other Sora's may not spam. One "spamming" Sora isn't enough to badly image the others.

Plus, Up-B is a very useful tool in Sora's arsenal and one of his main combo starters. How can you not blame him for using it?

Sun May 10, 2015 10:11 am

MGN Username: MMLegends
Currently Playing: SSF2
Suli Hyuga wrote:
And so Jammy left the Smash Flash community after realising how ridiculous this thread has become.
He has moved on to bigger, better things... like working at McDonald's with Low Tier God and iFart.
Will the legend ever return? We may never know.....

As for the whole CSW and MML thing, you guys are a part of a mtn dew cod og dorito cod clan. You should upload some replays onto Youtube or something and prove you got the skills to teach the grills.

Sure i will attach a replay here.
^wooly is right up b is a combo starter..sora is nothing without up b and also one spammer can't damage the image of others... :doh:

:naruto:
Watch MM doing stage spike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypav_if2-A

Sun May 10, 2015 11:14 am
BR Member

CSWooly wrote:
1) Does anyone know how to use any of the newcomers to maximum potential? Sora hasn't got a large playerbase, and only around 5 dedicated mains (including me), so we're doing what we can

But you aren't doing enough to convince us to be on this list. If you really think you should be on this list, we need videos to help prove your agruement. Just talking about it will get us nowhere.
CSWooly wrote:
2) I can see that, but other Sora's may not spam. One "spamming" Sora isn't enough to badly image the others.
If that spamming sora is the one you guys refer to as the best, then I think it can affect what people think about sora overall.

CSWooly wrote:
Plus, Up-B is a very useful tool in Sora's arsenal and one of his main combo starters. How can you not blame him for using it?
I don't blame anyone for using Up B, it's just the fact that most of the opinions I've heard about Eldog is that he uses it waaaaaay too much. Mostly just to get out of combos (which is totally fine), but sometimes using it with no reason behind why (like while in neutral, and that's asking for a punish right there).

Sun May 10, 2015 11:15 am

CSWooly wrote:
Mr.Z wrote:
CSWooly wrote:

1)
Does anyone know how to use any of the newcomers to maximum potential? Sora hasn't got a large playerbase, and only around 5 dedicated mains (including me), so we're doing what we can

2)
I can see that, but other Sora's may not spam. One "spamming" Sora isn't enough to badly image the others.

Ehh who r dedicated 5 sora mains again...

Sun May 10, 2015 11:17 am

Mr.Z wrote:
CSWooly wrote:
1) Does anyone know how to use any of the newcomers to maximum potential? Sora hasn't got a large playerbase, and only around 5 dedicated mains (including me), so we're doing what we can

But you aren't doing enough to convince us to be on this list. If you really think you should be on this list, we need videos to help prove your agruement. Just talking about it will get us nowhere.
CSWooly wrote:
2) I can see that, but other Sora's may not spam. One "spamming" Sora isn't enough to badly image the others.
If that spamming sora is the one you guys refer to as the best, then I think it can affect what people think about sora overall.

CSWooly wrote:
I don't blame anyone for using Up B, it's just the fact that most of the opinions I've heard about Eldog is that he uses it waaaaaay too much. Mostly just to get out of combos (which is totally fine), but sometimes using it with no reason behind why (like while in neutral, and that's asking for a punish right there).

If u see my other post u will see that i wrote eldog technically isn't the best sora and look at other ppls reaction..

Sun May 10, 2015 11:21 am

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
I'm thinking this is how to use Sora most effectively. Basically being really fast and hard to hit while pushing your opponent to 100%+ in a matter of seconds. Granted I've only played him for like 1-2 days max but hey.
UP B is fantastic both as a movement option and a combo extender. Neutral B is good for edgeguards and combo extending. Side B is good when unexpected and can be angled downwards for a pseudo-wavedash. Down B is amazing when you have the timing down for it. All of Sora's moves are fast and you're basically guaranteed to get a 5-10 hit combo as soon as you hit once.

Attachments:
Amidoinitrite.ssfrec [4.44 KiB]
Downloaded 30 times

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:
Sun May 10, 2015 11:48 am
BR Member

MMLegends wrote:

You, Me, Nstinct, Saikyoshi and Eldog.
There may be more idk.

Sun May 10, 2015 12:20 pm

MGN Username: Sekanor
Currently Playing: Melee, SSF2, SA2B, SM63, MKDD (all the games I'm playing from an advanced side)
CSWooly wrote:
MMLegends wrote:

There may be more idk.

Nstinct mains Ness

http:twitch.tv/sekanor <- streaming speedruns, and smash sometimes
Melee & SSF2 Advanced Player
Sonic Adventure 2 & Super Mario 63 & Mario Kart Double Dash Speedrunner

Sun May 10, 2015 12:22 pm
BR Member

Sekanor wrote:
CSWooly wrote:
MMLegends wrote:

There may be more idk.

Nstinct mains Ness

I'm pretty sure Nstinct mains Ness, Yoshi and Sora.

Sun May 10, 2015 12:51 pm

I didn't know nstinct main sora cool...

Sun May 10, 2015 1:37 pm
BR Member

Guys if you haven't yet, watch Afro's replay. It demonstrates how to use Sora properly in all aspects and does not overuse certain moves.

Sun May 10, 2015 1:48 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Mr.Z wrote:
I don't like majority of the players in this community, some I absolutely hate. It's not that I want to keep only you off this list, but I'm trying to save spots for people who absolutely deserves to be on here. To be completely honest, no one should even be listed under Sora because no one fully understands his meta yet.

I kinda feel that way too. As a character, Sora has until now received like one player nomination and I immediately wrote that down because it was the initial phase of nominations. If anyone wants to challenge a player's position (as in, they don't set a good example for the character) then they should be removed. Which is totally fine, if you want to see your name on a rankings system go enter tournaments -> get on FCR -> become a good player -> become a good example for the character that you main -> will get added to this list.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Sun May 10, 2015 2:30 pm
BR Member

Here's a replay of a close game between Me and Kyoz.

Make of this what you will.

Also
Mr.Z wrote:
Guys if you haven't yet, watch Afro's replay. It demonstrates how to use Sora properly in all aspects and does not overuse certain moves.

True, but if Afro, who doesn't main Sora, is regarded as the best Sora main, then that basically makes the entire Sora playerbase redundant.

Attachments:
Wooly vs Kyoz 1.ssfrec [4.6 KiB]
Downloaded 30 times

Sun May 10, 2015 2:37 pm
 [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next