The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:56 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
Amiibo 

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
qbit wrote:
serious question for everyone:

have you not considered spending your money on something other than little plastic toys?

No because I'm not a weaboo

And fyi, I'm spending money on other things too. I am practically sole provider for my household since my parents are disabled. When I'm fortunate to have a little free spending cash, I like to get something for myself.

I'm attempting a full set of the Smash amiibos.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Do you actually read your posts to make sure they make sense? Or is being a c*** to me your priority?

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:30 pm

qbit wrote:
Do you actually read your posts to make sure they make sense? Or is being a c*** to me your priority?

Oh, I'm sorry, you must be confused on these two things. Let me enlighten you:

1. This is a topic for people who care about Amiibo, Nintendo's massive new marketing plan.

2. I think you are confusing my posting habits with yours. Let's get you back to the doctor so they can fix your brain damage.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Okay let's go through what happened here

I asked, out of genuine curiosity, why you guys buy amiibos when there's probably better ways to spend your money.

Your response? "Oh look Kyuubit posted that, better call him a weeaboo because I want to be a c*** to him for no reason!"

If you don't like me, fine. Don't respond to me. If your response is to get mad at a post simply because I was the one who posted it, f*** off. The forum doesn't want you.

"why do you buy amiibos" "BECAUSE I'M NOT A WEEABOO" what the actual f***

Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:18 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Can we all please just get along? Keyblade, your initial response was ridiculous. Try speaking to others how you would like to be spoken to.

Also, to everyone, if someone makes a rude post at you, don't go out of your way to escalate it.

I'm curious what the answer to Kyuubit's question is. I am a huge Nintendo buff but I really don't care for amiibos.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:25 pm

Geno wrote:
Can we all please just get along? Keyblade, your initial response was ridiculous. Try speaking to others how you would like to be spoken to.

Also, to everyone, if someone makes a rude post at you, don't go out of your way to escalate it.

I'm curious what the answer to Kyuubit's question is. I am a huge Nintendo buff but I really don't care for amiibos.

Alright, I'm sorry. However, I still am very offended by a large portion of Kyuubit's posts. It's one thing to make a joke; another to constantly be a dick in your whole demeanor. He also has a habit of going into topics I post in and quote me, make a douchy comment, and then leave.

A REAL ANSWER to said question, if that I've been wanting a Smash Bros. series toy line for a long time, and I think the figures look really neat. Plus, who doesn't want a figure of the Duck Hunt Dog? That's just nerdgasm all the way.

Furthermore, Shulk doesn't have any figures either, and I REALLY love Xenoblade.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:36 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
s'all about the figures here. I don't give a s*** about most of them but having a neat little Kirby or Toon Link for my desk is neat. I love those characters, love those games. The functionality w/ Nintendo games is neat too but honestly just a bonus for me

Just trying to get a few of my favorite characters. Shame Ike, Dedede and Shulk are already an arm and a leg

Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:09 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
I have to say that I agree with Kyuubit, there are way too many people spending way too much money on these things. Some 'rare' Amiibo can get sold for ridiculous prices that absolutely aren't worth it.

Though I shouldn't talk tbh because I already made all the money I spend on Amiibos back by selling Amiibos lol

Right now the incorporation for most games is, in my opinion, pretty lackluster and I don't care much for it. I did buy a couple however because I love figures and Smash and there are no other Smash-specific figurines out there (for some characters there are no other figurines out there period). Plus, they also take up very little space compared to other figurines/action figures (at least the ones widely available in The Netherlands and I don't care much for importing).

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:23 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
I plan on buying a few, despite the fact that I have no Wii u or New 3DS (just the regular 3DS).
They are great for collecting, but I don't the game bonuses are possibly the last reason I'd buy them
I just want a Ness amiibo

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:49 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
New Smash Amiibos coming in the following months, starting with Robin, Lucina, Wario, Pac-Man, Ness and Charizard next month and more in June and September.

In addition to that, new Amiibo have been announced; there will be cool Splatoon Amiibo. These unlock special missions with special awards that you can't get elsewhere.. so I guess it's costume DLC basically? I like how they look. If they are the same size as the Smash Amiibos I might look into getting the orange one.

Yoshi's Wooly World is getting a multiplayer mode that you can get by buying a special wool Yoshi Amiibo. Kind of a letdown that the multiplayer mode is 'DLC', especially given that most nintendo games usually offer that from the get-go. Not a fan of that decision, myself.

New Mario Kart 8 suits will be available for recent Amiibo, including a Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic costume.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:04 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Steven wrote:
Yoshi's Wooly World is getting a multiplayer mode that you can get by buying a special wool Yoshi Amiibo. Kind of a letdown that the multiplayer mode is 'DLC', especially given that most nintendo games usually offer that from the get-go. Not a fan of that decision, myself.
That's not the impression I got. It sounded to me like the Amiibo is basically a double cherry for people who don't have real friends to play with. Might need to watch it again though

Anyway I really Like Palutena, and I might get Ganon & Zamus too. Might get the Splatoon ones depending on price

The Yarn Yoshis are brilliant but not something I'm interested in personally

Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:47 am

Yeah it definitely sounded like the amiibo support was just for people with no friends

If all multiplayer is locked behind the amiibo gate then burn Nintendo to the f*** ground

Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:49 am

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself
Steven wrote:

It isn't Multiplayer, It's a special mode in wich 1 player controls Both Yoshis

The Actual Multiplayer mode is included in the Game from start.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:58 pm

Currently Playing: Street Fighter 5 Fighter ID: NDT_Mighty. PM me to fight.
So Robin and Lucina are sold out everywhere. I'm sick of all these amiibo f*** ups.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Just at the places they were up on today.

Tomorrow at 7-9 am EST, Toys R Us will open up its wave 4 pre-orders along with the exclusive Greninja.

dun gib op hoep

Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:56 pm
 [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next