The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:43 pm

[ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 29  Next
Wario 

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
you already cri.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:05 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
Gonna list down some of my Wario tech for others to experiment with. I'm pretty sure these all are legit, since I've been using them for a while, but I just want to be dead sure.

Landing Bair: Victim has enough hitstun for Wario to followup with most of his moves. Moves that won't followup; Ftilt, all Smashes, Wario Waft (Level 1), all Aerials.

Chewing: Yes, almost none of the Wario's I've fought has ever Chewed with Chomp. Chewing nails 6% usually, and sacrifices potential forward momentum with Chomp in exchange for more %.

Chain Chomp: Boy, this is a fun one. Actually this was first discovered by slaypes, not I. I simply just utilized it more. Forward momentum is the key to this tech, but some chars can get chained in any situation, such as after Chewing. There are a couple of options to top this off; Wario-cide, combo setup, Wario Waft (Level 2-5), or even Grab.

Wario-cide: Another fun one. And yes, also discovered by slaypes originally. This is best used in a situation where the victim either has less stocks or less % than you. This is easy to land in most cases.

More later...

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:13 pm

Can you mash out of Wario-cide?

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm

Doof wrote:
Gonna list down some of my Wario tech for others to experiment with. I'm pretty sure these all are legit, since I've been using them for a while, but I just want to be dead sure.

Landing Bair: Victim has enough hitstun for Wario to followup with most of his moves. Moves that won't followup; Ftilt, all Smashes, Wario Waft (Level 1), all Aerials.

Chewing: Yes, almost none of the Wario's I've fought has ever Chewed with Chomp. Chewing nails 6% usually, and sacrifices potential forward momentum with Chomp in exchange for more %.

Chain Chomp: Boy, this is a fun one. Actually this was first discovered by slaypes, not I. I simply just utilized it more. Forward momentum is the key to this tech, but some chars can get chained in any situation, such as after Chewing. There are a couple of options to top this off; Wario-cide, combo setup, Wario Waft (Level 2-5), or even Grab.

Wario-cide: Another fun one. And yes, also discovered by slaypes originally. This is best used in a situation where the victim either has less stocks or less % than you. This is easy to land in most cases.

More later...

Some more.

Landing Fair: Fair has little-to-none- landing lag, which means Wario can pretty much followup with any attack immediately. At low %s there's some slack for the timing, but at higher %s you're gonna have to be a little more execution-savvy.

Runoffstage/platform-Insta-Aerial-Land-Back-Onstage: Here's a sneaky little tech. Because of Wario's godlike airspeed, and his general wideness, he can pull off runoffstage aerials and instantly land back onstage in ~1-3...? frames. It's fairly simple to do, and it could offer some interesting stuff. The only Aerial that this tech doesn't work for is Dair, and Uair is kinda useless for this anyway. I have a replay of me utilizing this in a match, so I may upload it here later to show it off.

Landing Aerial Shoulder Bash: Not that useful. It's simply a "safer" alternative to a grounded Shoulder... just with less power and distance, and more dedication to pull this off. Basically you do a Shoulder Bash while Wario begins his landing animation, and Wario will Aerial Shoulder while sliding along the ground. Usually only nails 8%. EDIT, after some further testing, this actually looks like it can work as a surprise approach, due to the sudden burst of speed. It's still pretty unsafe on Shield, though.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:26 pm

(Don't play Wario, have yet to git gud)
Has anyone thought of how to fix Wario's jank and make him viable without it?
To sum up what I hear/assume of Wario:
huthuthuthuthut wrote:
- vs. Wario | 50:50
(Never ditto another Wario, punch yourself in the nuts for 8 minutes instead)

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Ever since I brought his issues up there's been plenty of speculation on his jank. I think he could use some necessary nerfs while getting some great buffs in return, but that's just my 2 cents. In my opinion there are so many routes for Wario to walk down that will make him a great character, but right now he's at the sign post.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:25 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I've thought about what to do with Wario, and here's my 2 cents:

1. Airspeed buff (small)
2. Chomp has limited time duration on the bite and can be mashed out of
3. Shoulder Bash bounces off shield
4. Initial dash buffed
5. Ftilt a kill move
6. Dthrow knock back trajectory changed to be more like Mario's
7. Grab range significantly buffed
8. Uspecial knock back increased
9. Usmash knock back increased

The idea is to buff Wario's main weaknesses while removing Chomp's ability to wreck certain characters (Yoshi, Bomberman, DK) as much as it does now.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:57 am

Doof wrote:
I have a replay of me utilizing [Runoffstage/platform-Insta-Aerial-Land-Back-Onstage] in a match, so I may upload it here later to show it off.

YouTube Video:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:22 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Yo, that's nasty. Nicely done.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:20 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Doof you're so fun to watch

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:07 pm

That's some next level tech. And this one is actually useful.
Also devs this tech shouldn't happen lol.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:47 pm

nono devs pls leave this in. Wario only has Nair Fair and Chomp for this.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:57 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
For the h8ers, this isn't a Wario only tech. It works best for him because he can change direction so quickly midair. Another character that can do this is Sheik, and her fair is gross. In Melee, if Falco does platform drop -> bair fast enough and hits a target, he will still land on the platform. I think that this technique is fine.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:18 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Wario can do this in official titles anyways

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Wario:

+ Wario gains his Final Form's (Wario-Man) airspeed.
+ Ftilt, Fsmash, Shoulder Bash, and Uair get increased knockback.
+ Ftilt gets some Pushback on Shield.
+ Fsmash has less startup, and has Light Armor.
+ Jab, Ftilt, Usmash, Grab, and Pummel get faster overall.
+ Dtilt's hurtboxes retract faster.
+ Grab range slightly increased.
+ Shoulder Bash bounces off Shield as it would if it lands. The animation of Grounded Shoulder Bash only lasts as long as the hitboxes do when the move whiffs. It also gains more priority.
+ Dash Attack gains slightly more priority.
+ Corkscrew doesn't take away airspeed, and sweetspots the edge if nearby. (heavily buffs his predictable and exceptionally gimpy recovery)
+ Dair becomes like Brawl Dair, or Dair has less startup, slightly less landing lag, and bounces off Shields as it would if it lands.
+ Fthrow is moved to and replaces his Uthrow. In Fthrow's original place, a Brawl Wario-esque Fthrow is implemented.
+ Level 3 Wario Waft has less endlag. (Level 2 helps recovery better than Level 3 does, so this is here just to fix that)

- Victims mashing while caught by Chomp can break out much quicker. Chomp takes away twice as much airspeed as an aerial attack would normally. Chomp can only be held for 1 second before the biting hitbox occurs automatically. Chomp only deals 8% max instead of 12% max.
- Dash Attack has slightly more endlag.
- Wario Waft has indicators for when it's at Levels 4 and 5.
- Bair deals only 14% max, instead of 18% max. Bair also has its hitboxes adjusted to correctly fit his sprite (currently it has like 1 cm of disjointed hitboxes from his hat)
- Fair has as much landlag as Wario normally does when landing.
- Corkscrew has more landlag.

= Shoulder Bash travels slightly faster, which also means it travels a little farther. This makes it an even riskier option to use due to potential SDs, but it grants Wario better tech chases, and movement potential.
= Fair becomes similar to Smash 4's Fair. While this effectively nerfs Wario's godlike combo potential, it also turns the move into an edgeguarding tool that isn't as risky as Nair, as well as a spacing tool.
= Wario gains his Final Form's (Wario-Man) fastfall speed.
= Uair's Sourspot gets replaced by more of Uair's Sweetspot. This nerfs Wario's combo potential while replacing an already-hard-to-land hitbox with more of the good stuff.
= Dsmash increases in range the more it's charged, but always deals 8% max regardless of how long it's charged. The move itself is a gimmick, but with this change it still does its job effectively while gaining more coverage, but sacrifices %.
= Dthrow is changed to knock down foes right in front of Wario, and the move overall is faster. While this takes away a reliable KO option which Wario generally lacks in his moveset, this move becomes a scary gimmick that help Wario actually tech chase due to his slow speed, and foes being knocked down right in front of him rather than away.
= Level 4 Wario Waft and Level 5 Wario Waft switch hitboxes with each other. Because Level 4 has much farther and disjointed hitboxes, it makes sense to switch it with Level 5. Although, this means that Wario can't use those hitboxes as often, but making them for Level 5 means it's a much scarier move. This does NOT mean that Level 5 turning Wario's body into a hitbox gets moved to Level 4. That hitbox stays right where it is.

Last edited by Doof on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:01 am, edited 38 times in total.

Sun May 03, 2015 10:27 pm
 [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 29  Next