The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 165  Next
Super Mario Bros. 
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
That's a rather large investment, Kyuubit

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:44 am

It's only like £40

Same as any other new game

and if you really wanted it that much, Christmas has just came and gone

should have asked for it then

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:53 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Kyuubit Level Two wrote:
then go buy it

I can olny afford in pesos, which actually makes the game a bit more expensive. And I would buy it but I cannot stand my Wii U anymore, don't ask why. But I'm still hoping I solve this issue before Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:24 pm
Site Moderator

Oh, you have a Wii U. I didn't think you did

In that case, Kyuubit's right

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Currently Playing: Smash Wii U, Fire emblem awakening etc
Waifu: ZSS
Yeah 3D World is a freaking amazing game. And after seeing the new trailers and playing the game it COMPLETELY changed what I thought about the game when the first trailer came good god it was AWFUL the first trailer was terrible. Part of it was because it looked bad and it wasn't that amazing like the 3D mario games on other systems have all done before but when I played the game after it came out I was wrong about that and it just looked soo much better and it was such a fun game the final boss was amazing too and really better then 3D lands and more epic looking. So I guess that I have learned that I can't just judge a game that is still in development especially a Mario game. No other mario game has done this before. Were it makes be people disappointed and then after it comes out it makes people say ''wow''.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:57 pm
Site Moderator

Well, I just finished Champion's Road. Holy f***, that's tough. It honestly stands up there with Veni Vidi Vici as one of my toughest gaming accomplishments.

I will say, you guys were right about it being fantastic. It doesn't dethrone Link Between Worlds as my GOTY, but it's pretty damn close. I think it probably would have if they hadn't revealed so much s*** prior to launch. I was right, they revealed most of the surprises too early.

And playing every level over again with ever so slightly different characters is stupid as s***, and I will never be okay with it

Anyway, here's what I posted on Backloggery:
I wrote:
+Sweet as s*** graphics
+Nice tight controls
+A LOT of content like DAMN
+The final boss is WOAH HOLY s***
+Characters range from Girlfriend Mode to Serious Mode
+Some f*** incredible level design, seriously
+Super f*** hard/satisfying final world
-Artificial lengthening: "Beat all like 70+ levels five times each" GARBAGE, f*** YOU
-Few surprises -- too many were shown before release
-Pointless lives system still exists, although it will never go away.
A-

5/5 roughly on par with Galaxy

Last edited by Term on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:49 pm

but Galaxy Isn't Even That Good

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:52 pm
Site Moderator

I think it is!!

One one hand I generally prefer Galaxy's presentation
On the other hand, 3D World has multiplayer (and controls that don't suck giant donkey balls)

I can't argue the level design because there are a s*** of great parts in both games, but I think 3D World's is slightly better

So, I mean. I gave them both A- on Backloggery, but I think 3D World is a better game than Galaxy. Just not by a whole lot

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:58 pm

Kyuubit Level Three wrote:

That's a personal opinion, because many regard it as one of the greatest game of all time.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:27 am

Byllant wrote:

That's a personal opinion, because many regard it as one of the greatest game of all time.

That's also a personal opinion.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:00 am
Wikipedia wrote:
Towards the end of 2007, Super Mario Galaxy was named Game of the Year by IGN, GameSpot, Nintendo Power, GameTrailers, Edge and Yahoo! Games. On February 7, 2008, the game received the "Adventure Game of the Year" award from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences at the Interactive Achievement Awards.[59] The game placed third in Official Nintendo Magazine's "100 greatest Nintendo games of all time".[60] On March 10, 2009, the game won the "Game of the Year" award at the 5th British Academy Video Games Awards.[61] Guinness World Records ranked Super Mario Galaxy 29th in their list of top 50 console games of all time based on initial impact and lasting legacy.[62] In 2009, Super Mario Galaxy was named the number one Wii game by IGN.[63] Nintendo Power also voted in its August 2008 issue that Super Mario Galaxy was the best game for the Wii; it was also the only Mario game to get a top spot on the list, as well as the only game to be unanimously voted for the top position. Moreover, Super Mario Galaxy was named the Nintendo game of the decade (2000–2009) by both Nintendo Power[64] and Official Nintendo Magazine. Nintendo Power also ranked it as their favourite Mario game ever in issue 278 and in their final issue named it the third greatest video game in Nintendo's history. It was also named Eurogamer's Game of the Generation.[65]

Since he said many like it, it's no longer a personal opinion unless you have no proof or polls

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:18 am

Byllant wrote:

all of the people who said that did so before playing Galaxy 2

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:14 am

Byllant wrote:

all of the people who said that did so before playing Galaxy 2

That's also personal but I agree that there are many people that consider far better then second game than the first one.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Galaxy 2 is better than 1. That is not an opinion. It is a fact.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Currently Playing: Project M, made by likable human beings, unlike another project...!
So hey, Kyuubit's statement interested me. Mayhaps I, in all my years, was incorrect about the definition of fact. I decided to seek definitions to the term to see if I was correct.
Fact:
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.
4. something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.
5. Law. . Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare question of fact, question of law.

As we can all see, the only fact here is that Kyu was incorrect on a commonly used word in the english language. Ah well, it happens.
Now then, I also looked up opinion

Opinion
1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: "The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion" (Elizabeth Drew).
2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
4. The prevailing view: public opinion.
5. Law A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.

As we can see here, the statement "Galaxy 2 >>>>> Galaxy 1" largely coincides with the definitions found in opinion, rather then fact.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:50 pm
 [ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 165  Next