The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:04 am

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

MGN Username: Mr.Xenomega
Currently Playing: SSB4 - SSF2 - Mario Kart 8 - Pokemon X
☻Danny☻ wrote:
Yeah there was a public sprite database alright. Some of the old sprites are still on the MG wiki, and the ones for the fanmade characters I found leftover at the bottom of the abyss that is known as Google Images. Since we're talking about Cloud, here's the Cloud one.
[ Image ]
Doesn't look half bad imo. I think it could easily be reworked with, though if Cloud does get in I'd rather have him in his outfit from Advent Children.
Anyway, cut from the game or not, the devs would never reveal anything about any unconfirmed character by this point, so I'm anticipating absolutely anything.
And it's probably a good thing the roster's kept secret too. Imagine the rage, the rave, the rebellion...

Indeed Danny... Indeed! :smile:

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:18 pm

A Character I can see as good in this game is the Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy: Dissidia, he was one of the few characters considered to be in there with Cloud in Smash 4.

With the new Dissidia game coming in, there's no better time to put him in the game.

Best part is, since the Dissidia games were similar to Smash in terms of moves (Up, Down, Left, Right = HP Attacks and Bravery Attacks = Circle/Square = O and P???), it will be easier to nail down his moves, though he wouldn't be able to have a wealth of moves like in Dissidia, Mcleod could decide what moves suit him best to the Smash environment and program those moves into him.

I know it might be tricky due to the fact that his moves are more 3D Friendly, rather then 2D Sprite Friendly, but I think he can make it work.

Plus, this would be the first game outside of Final Fantasy that he will be featured in. He'd fit in here better then even Cloud would, in my opinion.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:36 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Darskul wrote:
A Character I can see as good in this game is the Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy: Dissidia, he was one of the few characters considered to be in there with Cloud in Smash 4.

Errr what?

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Mage wrote:
Darskul wrote:

Errr what?

Not necessarily picked by Nintendo, because he clearly isn't going to outvote Cloud, but he was voted for quite a bit.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:44 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
Darskul wrote:

With the new Dissidia game coming in, there's no better time to put him in the game.

Best part is, since the Dissidia games were similar to Smash in terms of moves (Up, Down, Left, Right = HP Attacks and Bravery Attacks = Circle/Square = O and P???), it will be easier to nail down his moves, though he wouldn't be able to have a wealth of moves like in Dissidia, Mcleod could decide what moves suit him best to the Smash environment and program those moves into him.

I know it might be tricky due to the fact that his moves are more 3D Friendly, rather then 2D Sprite Friendly, but I think he can make it work.

Plus, this would be the first game outside of Final Fantasy that he will be featured in. He'd fit in here better then even Cloud would, in my opinion.

I feel he isn't iconic enough of the series to be added into SSF2 (or Smash in general). Characters like Black Mage and Cloud are much more popular representations of the series as a whole, which is why they are in Smash games (Bm in ssf2 and cloud in sm4sh). Warrior of Light isn't recognized enough to be added in. I'd even say Crono has a better chance of being in SSF2 than WoL because not only does FF already have a rep with black mage, Crono is more iconic for Square as whole and was also in SSF1

Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Currently Playing: Megaman ZX in normal mode
I was kinda wondering, is there any way you guys could put in Gunvolt, Chad, and Megaman biometal variations characters? That would be sweet.

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:35 pm

MGN Username: 1smash18
Currently Playing: Pokemon Games, Super Smash Flash 2, I Wanna Be The Guy!, Games in General
Waifu: None
I never thought I'd post here even If I did and don't care to remember.

I speculate Fox receiving a sprite and voice overlay for his Melee counterpart.

Why? Do I need to say otherwise? Cause it IS cool!

Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:01 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
TO-RYAH TO-RYAH TO-RYAH TO-RYAH TO-RYAH
MMISHUN COMPLEEETE
No, Fox's voice is just flat-out terrible in Melee

Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:09 am

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself
Fox's Melee design fits with Fox's Smash 4 Design

So... no

Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:34 pm

MGN Username: Goombario64
Currently Playing: SSB4
If we get any more Mario reps, I suspect Hammer Bro. is the next one after Luigi and Bowser -- he's much more iconic than Bowser Jr. imo. The devs could easily give him a unique moveset.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Mains:
SSB4: Pika, Mario, and Yyyoshiii! I also enjoy Captain Falcon Dittos (who doesn't?!)
Pokkén Tournament:
Weavile, Pikachu-Libre, Shadow Mewtwo
Looking forward to playing as the Sandbag in SSF2. Time for some Revenge to be dished out.
~Formerly Goombario64~

Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:47 am

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
K39-ZZZ wrote:
If we get any more Mario reps, I suspect Hammer Bro. is the next one after Luigi and Bowser -- he's much more iconic than Bowser Jr. imo. The devs could easily give him a unique moveset.

Now this would be very interesting...

Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:38 pm

K39-ZZZ wrote:

This is the equivalent of having a Goomba or a Sniper Joe as a character.
Also, if we're getting something with Hammers, I'd rather have either Dedede or the Icies, I definitely would not want a minor minion to be playable.

Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
If we get another Mario representative, we will most likely get Bowser Jr.

Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:17 pm

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself
What about Waluigi?

EDIT: Or is he a Wario rep?

Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:38 pm

Nope, he is from the Mario series, since Waluigi has never appeared in a Wario exclusive title

Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:53 pm
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 189  Next