The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:35 am

[ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 37  Next
MG Mafia XXI: Jobs Fair Mafia! [MAFIA WINS] 

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Doqtor Kirby wrote:
Pach wrote:
Doqtor Kirby wrote:
Genis wrote:
Dude wtf you left me unexplained.

And while it's a response to Terra's post, I still have a FoS on him.

I'm confused, is your FoS on Terra or on Genis?

And would you care to explain why?

Also get better Lucy

Genis.
If he wanted an explanation of him that might mean he's possibly a scumdood.

So if I just decided to vote against you without telling you why, would you just let it go? I doubt it. I mean, we saw what happened a few pages ago when people started voting against you WITH explanation. Imagine how you'd react when you're on the chopping block and you still have no idea why, meaning you can't defend yourself at all.

Pach and Nix already pointed this out, I guess. But I'd like to know if there's anything else that makes me mafia in your eyes.

Terra wrote:
Before I go, though, here are parting thoughts to leave you with, including my answers to DJ's questions, to Genis etc.

@Genis: My argument against you was not based on your meta, primarily. It was based on the meta of MG's overall play, which is a completely different matter altogether. I'd like to argue once again that stuff that's seen as a scumtell on other sites(for example, saying 'boo hoo' when a PR dies is generally agreed on to be a scumtell on MS) doesn't work here, which is why I reworked my analysis.

It's not a bad scumtell in an out of itself to say everyone's town, but it's a very safe thing to do. Mafia tend to do safer things than town due to the inherent defensiveness of their wincon. Were my reads not justified enough, then? If so, you could've asked me to clarified that. Besides, don't town players also have an inherent defensiveness because they don't know anything and don't know who to trust, ESPECIALLY in the first day?

Your false dichotomy has to be highlighted: look, I would've been fine if you backed down from setup speculation and started actually scumhunting. However, my main point of contention is that you weren't scumhunting and therefore aren't town. *sigh* Setup speculation is a way for me to figure out what we're dealing with here and what I should do in order to guarantee that the town will win. It's the most I can do. By now you should've seen how I played before; I'm not that great at finding mafia without information. Don't expect that I'll be able to fully analyze everyone in this game and point out mafia right away. I'm experienced but not skilled, and I'm still learning on how to be better.

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
1. Can you please explain to me what's so hard about pressuring more than one person at a time?
2. If you tell someone "lol i think ur scum but the reason is sekret :wee:" don't you think they're going to adjust their play?
3. Have you realized that the easiest time to look at every post from one person is the sort by author function on Day 1 when everyone hasn't posted a lot?
4. "Why I consider abrupt defensiveness to be a scumtell is another issue altogether." Please elaborate.
5. Why are you moving on to Genis, the "bigger fish to fry"? The issue with Doq is hardly resolved.

1)It's not hard, it's just inefficient. People can very easily get distracted if more than one person flubs up at once, and a distracted town would make very little use of the time that we have. Evidently, though, pressuring one person at a time worked for the purposes of producing info. It's also inefficient to get so much info about one person yet leave the rest alone. Rex and Champ certainly haven't done much here, yet the fact that you're focusing on me and not anyone else allows them to just keep lurking around without much consequence, which is a "scumtell" for you apparently.
2)They are, but that's also a part of the pressure: seeing if they realize what that is they're doing wrong and fixing it. Even so, they'd adjust it to an even higher extent if I explained why I thought they were scum, which is worse imo I don't know what to say to that really. I'm having trouble understanding it.
3)I actually did lol
4)Changes in mood indicate a scared mafiosi. I try to look for someone who's been moving freely through the game and then becomes very defensive the moment something bad(i.e. pressure) happens to them. So like Doq. >.>
5)I personally believe that it's fairly safe to say Doq is town, though I am concerned with his recent lurking. Why

Champ's still a scumread of mine(active lurking is worse than lurking imo, since it shows a conscious attempt to be town), TOWK's playing suspiciously close to the way he did in All-Stars(when h ewas mafia) That TOWK's different to this TOWK., and Genis is still Genis. Great.

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Let's take a minute here to determine if we should lynch today. With 12 players, I'm assuming 3 mafia 1 3P, which makes for 8 townies.

If we random lynch Day 1, we have a 33% chance of hitting scum.
If we no lynch Day 1 and random lynch Day 2, we have a 36% chance of hitting scum, which, while better, is not necessarily worth it.

Assuming we mislynch today, that's mylo Day 2. However, if we mislynch Day 2, we're at lylo on Day 3.

Which isn't terrible either way but I prefer the second option.

I'm not comfortable lynching today simply because our chances get better if we no lynch. With replacements clogging up discussion, I doubt we're going to get any further today anyways.

Unvote: Terra

Vote: No Lynch

I'd save the no lynch vote for a last resort. We still have 6 days to go before the deadline, anyway, so we might as well make use of it. Although, from the looks of the vote count, the votes are spread out between different people for different reasons, so we probably won't get a solid vote in time.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:37 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Pach wrote:
Doqtor Kirby wrote:
Pach wrote:
Doqtor Kirby wrote:
Genis wrote:
Dude wtf you left me unexplained.

And while it's a response to Terra's post, I still have a FoS on him.

I'm confused, is your FoS on Terra or on Genis?

And would you care to explain why?

Also get better Lucy

Genis.
If he wanted an explanation of him that might mean he's possibly a scumdood.

Why would that mean he's scum? Him wanting in explanation for Terra's scum read on him was perfectly justified since Terra gave no reason until he was asked like 5 times

Terra had a scumread on him? Misread. My bad.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:43 pm
YIM WWW

Then who's your FoS?

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:29 am

Currently Playing: Boi, ffxiv and dbz fighterz.
Waifu: am lonely
i just noticed that i only posted like one thing that is considered "playing"
and lurking is apparently "scummy" but the thing is that there is nothing i can say that will help all i can do is state the obvious

f*** im losing this

sorry, I only listen to freshest jams from the youngest leans

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:56 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Ugh this day is too stalled
like DJ said, with replacements coming in, discussion will be clogged up anyway. A round of investigations will help a lot

AMA

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 am
BR Member

I would have to agree with TOWK. There was a whole 3 days without anything coming up. And me personally, I've run out of ideas.
I want to go to bed.
Vote: No lynch

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:07 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Pach
@Doqtor Kirby
Please answer this
Genis wrote:
Then who's your FoS?

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:11 am
BR Member

Pach wrote:
@Doqtor Kirby
Please answer this
Genis wrote:
Then who's your FoS?

Nobody. Genis was the only one and I was disproved of that. Everyone else looks null to null-town to me right now.
Now let me go to bed.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:14 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

But tomorrow we kill the Doq, k? (That is a: joke)

I want to see how the roles play out in the night, anyway, hopefully interesting stuff happens!

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 am

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
s***, I just woke up, I'm sorry, forgot this:

Unvote: Doqtor Kirby

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:19 am

MGN Username: Pach
Honestly this day is really just dragging on and we'll have more to go off of with night actions

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:21 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Revan replaces Terra!

Vote count 4:
Voting Doqtor Kirby: Dr.Geno
Voting rex: Maya Fey
Voting Genis: Terra Revan
Voting No Lynch: rex, DJ Wizard Cop, TheOneWhoKnocks, Doqtor Kirby, Nixter, Pach (L-1)

For our newer players, (L-x) represents the number of votes still needed to attain a majority. In this case, (L-1) indicates that one more vote in favour of No Lynch is required to end the day with that decision.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch. Deadline August 25th. Four days remain.

"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked."
– Warren Buffett

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:56 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Unvote

Want to give Revan a chance to give his thoughts on the situation.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Same. We still have 4 days, so we can at least get thoughts from the replacements first before deciding to no lynch.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:10 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
Hey there folks! I find it worth noting that Maya Fey asked to be replaced, too, and it seems like it was overlooked. I'll get to reading over the game now and check out what's going on.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:59 pm
 [ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 37  Next