The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:39 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
Peach 

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Sorabotics wrote:
Shine! wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
I've come up with a short list of improvements for Peach.

-She should have a both a running throw (larger range) and regular throw (average range) for her turnips. Running throw really helps with edgeguarding and ground game. Also, turnips should not hit opponents towards you, it should hit them away. I've hit people offstage with turnips and it has HELPED some opponents recover, that's a little ridiculous.
-D-smash should have more knockback on the first hit, i.e. if someone DI's out of D-smash it should send them further away.
-Her Dash Attack should be the Melee dash attack imo. This means that, when its thrown out, Peach quickly moves in the direction that the attack is used in. The hitbox should send opponents up (like Melee) for the sweetspot for aerial setups or to grabs on fast fallers or large characters. The sourspot weakly pushes them away.
-F-air's hitbox should not have as big of a vertical knockback hitbox because it makes it extremely hard to KO opponents. The majority of the hitbox should have decent sized horizontal knockback while the very top (and first) hitbox should hit upward, thus giving the user a reward for landing the good part of the move rather than the top.
-I would also like her dash speed to be just a little faster for situational ground tech chases, but this isn't that necessary.

If I could add to this..

-Increase Down Smash's damage. Punishing opponents who forget to DI. 18% is very low and the 40% from v0.9a was pretty balanced.
-Give Peach her Melee midair jump(long and slow). With the ability to DJC.
-Remove Cuckoos and Capsules from Down Special. The fact these items aren't really useful and take up RNG space make them more a nerf than a buff. If anything allow Peach to just pluck Turnips.
-Decrease the start-up lag from Peach Bomber by like 80%. You can decrease the damage and knockback too but it should be a spacing tool rather than a gimmick move.
-Increase the damage of Parasol by atleast 1% and allow the final hit to deal more knockback similar to Brawl also Parasol should travel faster during it's glide.
-Decrease DAir's aerial lag so it can chain into UAir, NAir, and BAir more efficiently.
-Side Smash in all it's variants should come out faster.

I agree with removing cukoos and capsules, the d-smash, and the parasol suggestion is fine, but I'm not sure about the others. I actually like Peach's quick midair jump, its good for quick aerial chases. And if peach bomber lag was reduced TOO much, it could become spammable. I think Dair is fine just the way it is and Side Smash is fine the way it is except I feel like the frying pan should KO at slightly earlier percents.

The thing with having a long slow midair jump is that with the ability to DJC you can still have quick aerial chases. Albiet not as far but having a higher slower midair jump would have much more utility.

The thing with making Peach Bomber fast is that it already has 1.Short Range 2.Passes through shields and 3.Has loooong ending lag. Plus I said they should nerf the damage a little. So I wouldn't say it would be spammable, but it would give Peach a competitively viable Side Special for finishing combos and tech chasing.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:33 pm
YIM

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
So is her butt her greatest weapon or what?

Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:36 pm

Can Peach still pluck bombs in this demo?

Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:17 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
@gEmssbguy13 lol kinda, float cancels fast falls Bairs are quite awesome, and chain into themselves if the person doesnt tech.

@Ed415: Yes, but the probability is about as high as the probability of pulling a stitch (really, really, low)

Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:22 pm

MGN Username: Yellowkirbyguy
Currently Playing: Super Smash bros 3ds.
Ahh, plucking. my favourite thing about Peach in this demo.

Just the fact that you can pull out a live Oddish or Cucco makes me laugh, not to Mention Mr Saturn as well. But shouldn't Oddish be an item only found from Peach or Training mode? Oh well. Its amusing to see Oddish anyway.

Chopper wrote:
And then there was Trainer James. Little Jim was the only one in the bike gang...who had to use training wheels.

School's getting a bit more important, so i'll be on less frequently due to this.

3ds Friend code~ 4210-4750-3059
Pm me if you've added me so i can add ya back please

Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:38 am

Currently Playing: Whatever game I get to download, M.U.G.E.N and Super Smash Flash 2.
Indeed, Attemping to pluck a Turnip just to find out that it's something else is fun. Strangest part about this is that the random items are less rarer than the stitch turnip. Well, at least it sounds strange to me.

And screwing up recoveries with her down tilt, along with finishing an opponent with a mighty slap feels good. :P

Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Not a Peach main, but I was just messing around and I found out that a D-tilt at 0%, combos immediately into grab.

Not saure if she has anything approaching a grab game, but for what it's worth, I guess.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:29 am
BR Member

Herpestidae wrote:
Not a Peach main, but I was just messing around and I found out that a D-tilt at 0%, combos immediately into grab.

Not saure if she has anything approaching a grab game, but for what it's worth, I guess.

Yeah, you can D-tilt to grab at many percents depending on the opponent's DI. Though I feel like going into a combo rather than a grab after D-tilt is better. (D-tilt>Float cancel D-air>Nair, U-air, or B-air

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:33 am

Currently Playing: Whatever game I get to download, M.U.G.E.N and Super Smash Flash 2.
You know, talking about grabs. The other day I found out that if you get a shielding opponent sucked into her down smash, and if you're fast enough (doesn't requiere much effort anyways), you can grab it after the attack ends. So, you could throw him/her out of the stage with a forward throw if it has high damage, or maybe start a combo. (If it's possible of course). No idea if this is new or not, but I wanted to share it.

Also, "Float cancel" is the term for pressing both jump and down buttons to float in place, right? Just wanted to be sure on that.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:56 pm
BR Member

An E and two 8 wrote:
You know, talking about grabs. The other day I found out that if you get a shielding opponent sucked into her down smash, and if you're fast enough (doesn't requiere much effort anyways), you can grab it after the attack ends. So, you could throw him/her out of the stage with a forward throw if it has high damage, or maybe start a combo. (If it's possible of course). No idea if this is new or not, but I wanted to share it.

Also, "Float cancel" is the term for pressing both jump and down buttons to float in place, right? Just wanted to be sure on that.

Its not new, but good find! Also, if the opponent knows about this, they can actually grab YOU instead during the D-smash end lag lol. You could start a combo with U-throw or D-throw depending on the opponent's size and fall rate.

That's correct, you can also move around while you float above the ground (obviously).

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Sorabotics wrote:
Its not new, but good find! Also, if the opponent knows about this, they can actually grab YOU instead during the D-smash end lag lol. You could start a combo with U-throw or D-throw depending on the opponent's size and fall rate.

Oh, Cool! Now I just need to hone my combo abilities a bit then. I rely quite much on forward aerials, both for damage or finishes...

By the way, I watched those videos you put a few pages back. You're really good! I guess I could learn one or two things from you.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:23 am
BR Member

An E and two 8 wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:

Oh, Cool! Now I just need to hone my combo abilities a bit then. I rely quite much on forward aerials, both for damage or finishes...

By the way, I watched those videos you put a few pages back. You're really good! I guess I could learn one or two things from you.

Yeah, though no one realizes it, Peach has combos that work on almost the whole cast. D-tilt and float cancel D-air are her big combo starters. I wouldn't rely on F-air's too much, if anything, I would rely more on Nair for sure. It links into itself, extends combos, and is her easiest edgeguard tool to use. F-air is good for tech chases and aerial interceptions as well as a finisher, but it has to be spaced properly.

Thanks! I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about Peach :)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:40 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
I feel like Peach has an over reliance on nair to get in, but it does work and it's effective. High prioirty and a good KO move. What moar could ya want?

Not complaining, just complimenting it.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:26 pm
BR Member

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
I feel like Peach has an over reliance on nair to get in, but it does work and it's effective. High prioirty and a good KO move. What moar could ya want?

Not complaining, just complimenting it.

Yeah, Nair is awesome, its a solution to many problems you may face in a match. Obviously you have to mix up the way you approach with it/at what times you use it to avoid becoming predictable.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Nair is to Peach as Knee is to Falcon

Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:50 pm
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next