The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:25 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
The SRC Presents: SSF2 Global Rankings 2017 
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Hello everyone. It's my pleasure today to announce the first annual SRC Global Rankings.

But first, what is the SRC?

The SRC is a group of 22 prominent members of the SSF2 competitive community. Each member provided a list of their top 30 chosen players in the current SSF2 meta. The resulting lists were then compiled together to create the official SRC rankings. The list is completely unbiased and uncensored, featuring both the famous and infamous players alike.

And no, before you ask, this is not related to the FCR. Some people used it as a base for their lists, but that's about it.

Anyway, without further ado, here it is:

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:33 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Have some raw data too in pretty excel sheet format.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:41 pm
YIM WWW

top 15 PogChamp

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 pm

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
Good stuff, hopefully i can enter more and get in next time!!!111

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:26 am

well... at least i'm mentioned as a top 40 player finally... but them feels when you don't make it to the actual PR ;-;

Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:41 pm

MGN Username: no :v
Currently Playing: SSF2 :v
Waifu: naruto :v
top 30 bois :vvvvv

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:03 pm

MGN Username: FearZero
Currently Playing: Your heart.
Man this got so much time and damn stress to be put altogether, y'all cant even grasp how hard was to make the list after the 10th place.
This list is based on the Beta Rankings of the FCR, the previous placements from 9b era were discarded in order to make this as accurate as possible with the current game we are playing and the meta we are developing.
This Global Rankings will be made every FCR season after the season concludes, we will gather data from all the players currently ranked in the Season's FCR and vote for their each placement, that being said, people that do not play on tournament will NEVER appear on the Global Rankings since giving them a placement basing ourselves on friendlies replays results would be pretty biased and stupid.
In other words, y'all start playing tournaments and getting minimally to the top 50 for us to consider your placement in the global rankings, as long as you get in the top 50 of the fcr you can get in the top 30 of this list skillwise.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
Who knew that wackos could be better at Smash than civilized people?

This world is so unfair! :eew:

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:58 pm

MGN Username: Prolific
Waifu: J
Y'all literally got all the sixes wrong lol. Besides that, good list.

Attachments:
6.PNG
6.PNG [ 53.96 KiB | Viewed 4215 times ]

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:24 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Miracle--7
Waifu: Not a weeb so N/A
Prolific wrote:
Y'all literally got all the sixes wrong lol. Besides that, good list.

Would you say all of those people u highlighted should be worse or something?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJN2bI ... U4T8VXpgvA
My Youtube channel :D

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Probably the new patch of SSF2 Beta.
Those are 5s and 6s, not all 6s, but yes, with that font the difference isn't very visible, probably could have picked a better one.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Still, I find Mew2ube to be WAY too low. His overall achievements are just too hard to ignore results or no results, the fact that he earns the milestone as both best lloyd and Sandbag is definently not something to scoff at. Mew2ube only received a drop of result ever since the lloyd ban and even with the lloyd ban applied he still has been overall very successful in tournaments as he mains sandbag. And I never got why vash is so high nowadays. Like Vash is a great fox and all, but higher than the people below him? Please...

Everything else seems somewhat accurate, i'm a bit iffy on Ace2020 but I guess it makes some logical sense. I'd probably put Profilic at top 10 tbh and I don't know who helios is so I can't judge him.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:26 pm

playridise wrote:
Still, I find Mew2ube to be WAY too low. His overall achievements are just too hard to ignore results or no results, the fact that he earns the milestone as both best lloyd and Sandbag is definently not something to scoff at. Mew2ube only received a drop of result ever since the lloyd ban and even with the lloyd ban applied he still has been overall very successful in tournaments as he mains sandbag. And I never got why vash is so high nowadays. Like Vash is a great fox and all, but higher than the people below him? Please...

Everything else seems somewhat accurate, i'm a bit iffy on Ace2020 but I guess it makes some logical sense. I'd probably put Profilic at top 10 tbh and I don't know who helios is so I can't judge him.

K E E P I N M I N D T H I S D O E S N O T I N C L U D E R E C E N T T O U R N A M E N T S

its was pretty much a june through mid-late august ranking

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 pm

NoSfratu wrote:
playridise wrote:

K E E P I N M I N D T H I S D O E S N O T I N C L U D E R E C E N T T O U R N A M E N T S

That might explain Profilic and Yix's low placements. But Mew2ube should of been MUCH higher if thats the case either mid-late august or september. Top 10 at minimum.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:06 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
NoSfratu wrote:
playridise wrote:

ok, then it just skipped the SSC tournament and my money match against malkasaur, no wonder I'm not on the list :pikachu:

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:13 am
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next