The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:56 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
Constant Misinputs 

I've been looking around for weeks on a solution to this issue. I've tried an XBox One Controller, a Pro Switch Controller, a Ps4 Controller, and a Gamecube controller. No matter what controller I use, I have the EXACT same issue. The main stick in particular (an on some controllers, to a lesser extent, the c-stick) is horribly inaccurate in-game. I swear to god I'll have the stick as perfectly horizontal as possible, and it'll somehow treat my input as a vertical input. This results in the game being rather unplayable, as I constantly get recoveries, tilts, dash attacks, and smash attacks all misinputted. It seemingly happens at random, but I can never go more than a few minutes without it occurring. I have tried changing the radius and the deadzone but sometimes it will either seem to reset, or the issue will still occur regardless. Also, I can not simply use the keyboard, and I'd rather not go into too much detail why. But using keyboard is out of the option for me personally. Please, I just want to be able to properly play the game without having to worry about being screwed over by a misinput.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:55 pm

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
Increase the dead zone

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:35 pm

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
The dead zone is too low.
The dead zone is the area where the input is read and transmitted. When the dead zone is really low, initial slight movements will lead the controller to think that you're tilting in one direction, when the stick is tilted in a completely different direction.
Now I don't use a controller, so I can't suggest a setting for you, but try raising the dead zone and see what happens.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:02 pm

I'm not trying to come off as rude, but I already tried changing both the deadzone and radius.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:08 pm

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
Sorry then. Guess you're screwed. Use keyboard like how the game intended you too lol

Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:38 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Did you calibrate your sticks in the Control Panel?

If the answers is 'yes,' then I don't know what to tell you. The Direct Input feels very early tested/incomplete at the moment, which is a real shame. I don't use it myself, nor could I honorable recommand anyone else to use it. You would get more responsive inputs from a Keyboard > Controller program (Xpadder, Anti-Micro, Joy2Key, etc.)

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
Sorry then. Guess you're screwed. Use keyboard like how the game intended you too lol
Boy, if you don't get-

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:47 pm
 [ 6 posts ]