The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:23 pm

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Bandana Dee 

Kirb-Star wrote:
Overall there are two important sins here: Not being faithful to the source material and not being fun.
But at the end I can always stand the first sin reluctantly since there are plenty of chars I main with moves not coming from the source material (DK, Yoshi, Falco, CPTN Falcon, etc) but at the very least they're fun.
This guy isn't. I get they wanted to make him unique and stuff, but honestly, I'd rather have an unfaithful but fun moveset than an unfaithful AND unfun moveset. Too bad this guy it's both.

I agree with most of your points, but how is Dee not faithful to source material? As much as a Smash character can get, he in my opinion is extremely faithful to Kirby games and Waddle Dees.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:56 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Bandana Dee's Dash Attack shoulda been Kirby's Dash Attack from Smash 64
Where he just faceplants
It's a reference to how like 90% of waddle dees (Including Bandana Dee, in the Assist Trophy days) just threw theirselves at you
And it'd be a faceplant, like Dedede
Like King like Servant, I say :sandbag:

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:51 pm

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
Bedoop wrote:
Where he just faceplants
It's a reference to how like 90% of waddle dees (Including Bandana Dee, in the Assist Trophy days) just threw theirselves at you

Nice suggestion. Maybe they can make it even more unique and create a dash attack which consists of both spear and face. He could slide forward while holding the spear straight towards his direction while also attacking with his head. Both hit-boxes could have different properties. At least it is better than the current dash attack which is super-hard to connect.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:20 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
NASAPeepo wrote:
Bedoop wrote:
Where he just faceplants

Nice suggestion. Maybe they can make it even more unique and create a dash attack which consists of both spear and face. He could slide forward while holding the spear straight towards his direction while also attacking with his head. Both hit-boxes could have different properties. At least it is better than the current dash attack which is super-hard to connect.

+1, make it happen :bandanadee:

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Last edited by Danny on Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:26 am

MGN Username: squirtkipfan0
Currently Playing: TF2, terraria, ssf2, fire emblem(various ones), other things
Waifu: jenny wakeman
they should also change strong attack up, to a jumping headbutt. Because waddle dees jump, trip, and prance and that's it

reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)
Too spammable for my liking: Bomb Arrows

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:53 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
Ed415 wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
Overall there are two important sins here: Not being faithful to the source material and not being fun.
But at the end I can always stand the first sin reluctantly since there are plenty of chars I main with moves not coming from the source material (DK, Yoshi, Falco, CPTN Falcon, etc) but at the very least they're fun.
This guy isn't. I get they wanted to make him unique and stuff, but honestly, I'd rather have an unfaithful but fun moveset than an unfaithful AND unfun moveset. Too bad this guy it's both.

I agree with most of your points, but how is Dee not faithful to source material? As much as a Smash character can get, he in my opinion is extremely faithful to Kirby games and Waddle Dees.

Back-Air it's kick.
Waddle Dees usually use their body or something else because they're pretty weak on their limbs.
And given there was already a perfectly good attack for that in his source game (Back Thrust)...
Neutral Combo does not have an infinite. Despite the animation clearly allowing it and Bandana Dee having Multispear Attack, an infinite combo move.
D-Air being just a carbon copy of Up B but downwards instead of Spear Thrust, which could have been reworked in that rather than being an option to escape combos in the air it could have been a meteor smash thrust attack.
Dash Attack could have been Parasol Drill, you know that move that went into his Down B for some reason. So if you wanna use the move while dashing... you have to lose momentum.
Etc etc etc.
By this point I'm 100% convinced barely anyone in the dev team cares about the Kirby series (given the fact the game has had the same number of stages since 0.7, you know. 2011. Also that pretty much everything in those two stages are literally taken from the first 5 minutes of their respective games, even the songs, Beam Rod being an in-name only item, etc, etc, etc)
Honestly I don't feel like repeating myself because of this one character and barely any devs clearly don't give a s*** about the franchise so this is a complete lose-lose situation here.

Peace.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
To be fair, the devs could've made some aesthetic and/or visual changes...

B-air being a spear thrust instead of a kick with the same power and kb, etc. would be fine

Also, considering SmashWiiU/3DS D3, BDee would technically be the only kirby character w/o a Rapid-Jab... which makes no sense considering they try to keep a theme between the kirby chars... yet he didn't get a Rapid-Jab

I prefer a Downward thrust tbh, he already has Nair as a multi-hit spear attack anyway... as long as he doesn't "fast fall" I'd be fine...

Also, we just need more stages in general... Wer mah buttah building at?

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:58 am

Hey guys, could someone remind me...

Bandana Dee's F-Throw "bandana-cides" off the stage, right? Pretty much a copy-and-paste" of Kirby's F-Throw, isn't it?

So, it is just me or does it feel like Kirby's F-Throw and B-Throw seem to have Kirby get KO'd before his opponent, but in B.D.'s case, it's the opposite?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:47 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Kirb-Star wrote:
Ed415 wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:

Back-Air it's kick.
Waddle Dees usually use their body or something else because they're pretty weak on their limbs.
And given there was already a perfectly good attack for that in his source game (Back Thrust)...
Neutral Combo does not have an infinite. Despite the animation clearly allowing it and Bandana Dee having Multispear Attack, an infinite combo move.
D-Air being just a carbon copy of Up B but downwards instead of Spear Thrust, which could have been reworked in that rather than being an option to escape combos in the air it could have been a meteor smash thrust attack.
Dash Attack could have been Parasol Drill, you know that move that went into his Down B for some reason. So if you wanna use the move while dashing... you have to lose momentum.
Etc etc etc.
By this point I'm 100% convinced barely anyone in the dev team cares about the Kirby series (given the fact the game has had the same number of stages since 0.7, you know. 2011. Also that pretty much everything in those two stages are literally taken from the first 5 minutes of their respective games, even the songs, Beam Rod being an in-name only item, etc, etc, etc)
Honestly I don't feel like repeating myself because of this one character and barely any devs clearly don't give a s*** about the franchise so this is a complete lose-lose situation here.

Peace.

yep you got us, mr. kirb-star. bc we took creative liberties (the source of the term sakurai'd was where?) with our character design not only does it show that we dont care about the kirby series but it also shows that we never got more than 5 minutes into any of the games :falco:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:24 pm

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
tson wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
Ed415 wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:

Back-Air it's kick.
Etc etc etc.

Peace.

yep you got us, mr. kirb-star. bc we took creative liberties (the source of the term sakurai'd was where?) with our character design not only does it show that we dont care about the kirby series but it also shows that we never got more than 5 minutes into any of the games :falco:

Ladies, Please, let's not lose our heads. :sweat:

Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:14 pm

I really dont care that much of his moves been like the official games, im happy with his bair that is a referense to brawl ddd
but the moves that dont fit IMO are down b and dash attack
Parasol Drill has a lot of start up and feels weird that send the opponent up instead of in front of you and his dash attack feels useless
soo parasol drill should be his new dash attack
and you can give me whatever you want as his new down b

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Or, y'know

Fix Dash Attack and make Down-B better

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:49 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
I'm speculating Bandana Dee's Final Smash will be either a Lollipop Tank or the Waddle Dee Steel Fortress.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:57 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Sonario wrote:
I'm speculating Bandana Dee's Final Smash will be either a Lollipop Tank or the Waddle Dee Steel Fortress.

I personally want it to be like Dedede's infamous Waddle Dee Army because it makes even more sense than Dedede doing it, surprisingly enough :chibirobo:
Dedede can have either Masked Dedede or the one from Smash 4 but it can't be escaped this time
Did you know that ever since 1.0.4 you've been able to jump out of Dedede's Final Smash during the mallet hits/before the bomb arrives and escape it entirely? (Especially if you have fast airspeed or can teleport)
It was perfectly functional until 1.0.4 and hasn't been patched since
And ever since the first patch Dedede has gotten absolutely nothing but nerfs
Seriously, why does the Smash 4 community clamor about Jigglypuff
Much bigger fish to fry :sandbag:

Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:42 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
bdee's side b lock should work for shield's as well (high shield stun) and possibly making it longer, if his role is shield pressuring (he has like a lot of multi hit attacks), then they better do something about it

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:36 am
 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next