The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:21 pm

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Firebrand's Spriteshop (CLOSED; DO NOT LOCK) 

Currently Playing: Nu'in, Sutton
EDIT: I will be working on sprite sheets for the three characters effective immediately, so this Spriteshop will be closed for the mean time. As well, the characters will be redone and finished up! This is the reason why there will be no sprites on here.

Hello everyone, this is F, showing you what I work on when I am EXTREMELY BORED. I work on custom sprites of characters, non-transparent, still image models. Please note that I am not a master spriter, and am a hobbyist.

Last edited by Firebrand on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:51 am, edited 8 times in total.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:48 pm
Firebrand wrote:
Hello everyone, this is F, showing you what I work on when I am EXTREMELY BORED. I work on custom sprites of characters, non-transparent, still image models. Please note that I am not a master spriter, and am a hobbyist.

I will update daily (if I have time).

And today, we got Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia:
[ Image ]
This is what he could/should look like in SSF2. This was a request from a friend I know.

...and The Observer from TribeTwelve:
[ Image ]
A simple, yet very tough sprite. On his chest is the TribeTwelve/Observer Symbol. He is ALMOST completely black with the exception of the symbol, some hard to see lines and his glasses and smile.

Lloyd has very strange anatomy.
The Observer is kinda Lazy.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 pm

I don't see anything wrong with Lloyd.

Yeah, I know the Observer has some laziness into him. Like I said, I am not a master, it's just a hobby. Besides, I am going to remake him.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Currently Playing: DMC 3
lloyd's shoulder looks dislocated.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Ayaiken wrote:
lloyd's shoulder looks dislocated.

Well, this is easily explained. See Lloyd's right vs left shoulders' perspectives? The shoulders are in a certain angle. The angle I made for the shoulders is a 35-145 Degree angle perspective.

Though what you may be seeing is probably a "buffed up" upper portion of the upper arm.

Should I decide to make a moving sprite, the entire shoulder thing will make sense. But I can remake it, too.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:23 pm
That isn't what he should look like because the other Lloyd is a more fixed up sprite. Allow me to show you:
The anatomy IS NOT like that.
The shoulders ARE dislocated. If it was a diffrent POV then why is it ONLY his shoulder? The other shoulder appears to
not exist. Everything on the sprite is outlined EXCEPT the other sword.
The white scarf from the hands on the gif is barely viewable on yours. The hair is too flat, and the head is tiny for the body.
Legs also do not work that way. The end of the overalls that are brown is not there, and if this was in SSF2 it would about the size of Bowser.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:21 am
Site Moderator

MGN Username: Pochi
Clubby the bear wrote:
That isn't what he should look like because the other Lloyd is a more fixed up sprite. Allow me to show you:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
The shoulders ARE dislocated. If it was a diffrent POV then why is it ONLY his shoulder? The other shoulder appears to
The white scarf from the hands on the gif is barely viewable on yours. The hair is too flat, and the head is tiny for the body.
Legs also do not work that way. The end of the overalls that are brown is not there, and if this was in SSF2 it would about the size of Bowser.

Man, don't be that harsh with him. He wasn't modeling it to be JUST LIKE SSF2 Lloyd's sprites. He tried to came up with a different pose and size. But yeah shoulders are kinda dislocated

TwitterAsk
Kittenpuncher wrote:
imagine having sex with a clown though
instead of a dick he just has one of those flowers that shoots water out

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
Firebrand wrote:
This is what he could/should look like in SSF2. This was a request from a friend I know.

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Pochiman wrote:
Clubby the bear wrote:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Man, don't be that harsh with him. He wasn't modeling it to be JUST LIKE SSF2 Lloyd's sprites. He tried to came up with a different pose and size. But yeah shoulders are kinda dislocated

Thanks for supporting me.
As well, I will remake Lloyd's sprite to be more...appropriate. (I have redone The Observer, so I can retry Lloyd)

@Aziz: Yeah yeah, I know he looks odd, I am fixing him.

@Clubby the Bear: Yeah...you might not see it, but I outlined the ice sword in a VERY light shade to reflect the ToS ice blade. Don't ask about the fire sword. Just let me redo Lloyd, and I can assure that he will be shoulder and have a different shape overall.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
It looks like you put a gag on Lloyd so he and Colette can go have a nice kinky time.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:54 pm

MGN Username: Yoh-dono
Currently Playing: Playing the f*** out of Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost
Waifu: Korra
Pochiman wrote:
Clubby the bear wrote:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

The pose that Firebrand is doing is the correct one(Minus the weird shading and arm placement), the ND2 Sprites pose is different from ToS.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:02 pm
Firebrand wrote:
Pochiman wrote:
Clubby the bear wrote:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Thanks for supporting me.
As well, I will remake Lloyd's sprite to be more...appropriate. (I have redone The Observer, so I can retry Lloyd)

@Aziz: Yeah yeah, I know he looks odd, I am fixing him.

@Clubby the Bear: Yeah...you might not see it, but I outlined the ice sword in a VERY light shade to reflect the ToS ice blade. Don't ask about the fire sword. Just let me redo Lloyd, and I can assure that he will be shoulder and have a different shape overall.

Great! Trying again after harsh critism is a great sign of determination ;D

Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:57 pm

UPDATED SPRITES!

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:45 pm
The observer is amazing compared to the old one.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Clubby the bear wrote:
The observer is amazing compared to the old one.

Well, a good re-size and some editing makes it better.

Here's what I did:
-Make him about the size of Masky's sprite from Creepypasta: Murder Mash
-Tilted him more towards his side.
-Gave him an all new pose.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:25 pm
 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next