The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:14 pm

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Yet another idea I've been playing around with. 
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Kyzak wrote:
When do you think this will be ready?
Hmmm, most of it is pretty straightforward, only issue I have is that by making units so... Dispensable, I'm kinda limiting the roleplaying aspect, which is going to make things go stale, fast.

So I have to find a way to balance that out, which is going to require some brainstorming...

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:30 am

Currently Playing: The Game
We can loot the heroes and the heroes can loot us. Sounds like playing a minion in Overlord. Could work.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:54 am
Legendary Ghost

Thaiberium wrote:
We can loot the heroes and the heroes can loot us. Sounds like playing a minion in Overlord. Could work.
Looting? Don't be silly, you're monsters, you can't handle those oversized swords and overall structurally weak weapons... That, or I'm trying to keep things simple by not including an item system... Hush.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:03 am

Hakker wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:
Looting? Don't be silly, you're monsters, you can't handle those oversized swords and overall structurally weak weapons... That, or I'm trying to keep things simple by not including an item system... Hush.

At least let us desecrate their corpses.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:08 am
Legendary Ghost

Thaiberium wrote:
Hakker wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

At least let us desecrate their corpses.
Well duh, didn't I just say you're monsters? Stick em on a pole, use their eyeballs for roulette, go wild! Heck, you might even make some other hero wet himself before you kill him.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:12 am

Perfect. When will you have a list of monsters up?

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:16 am
Legendary Ghost

Thaiberium wrote:
Perfect. When will you have a list of monsters up?

What, a full list? That will be impossible, as it will change whenever you get switched to a new dungeon. Sometimes the changes will be minor (ice imp to fire imp), but other times the list might switch to humanoids, bandits, robots, etc etc.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:19 am

For the first dungeon.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:24 am
Legendary Ghost

Well, I'm not going to give the full list, since I doubt anyone would reach the maximum level before the boss falls and you are transported to the next dungeon. But the units that you will be able to pick as soon as the game begins, are :

Green imp : Sometimes considered a goblin's smaller brother, this fiendishly quick monster, with it's small stature and light dagger, it can easily outrun most heroes, or avoid quite a few blows. But in return, its attacks will be laughable, and it will need quite a few hits in order to kill a hero.

White ooze : This blob, rumored to have eaten a novice white mage sometime in it's long lifespan, is the first monster heroes encounter that is able to cast healing spells. While it only has a weak spell that can stop the bleeding of only minor cuts, the fact that it can heal those small cuts between fights mean that it is quite valuable to the monsters. Cutting weapons will hardly damage it, though a well placed spell or a few hits from a blunt weapon might pummel it out of existence.

Warrior Goblin : Goblins are strange creatures, known to attempt to mimic the abilities and mannerisms of its hero opponents. This one has encountered a warrior, and as such has now taken up a two handed hammer in order to do some serious damage. Heroes of every kind are warned to avoid being on the receiving end of it's hammer, which isn't that hard, as the heavy weapon and the improvised armor make it hard for the creature to move.

Just a quick writeup that I'm probably not going to use, but the units themselves will be the ones you start off with.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:47 am

My interest is piqued. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

... Sorry for not having anything to contribute to the thread at the moment.

[11:08:57 PM] Luke: http://puu.sh/1WGsn
[11:09:42 PM] Luke: like ok if it was something funny
[11:09:44 PM] Luke: but
[11:09:50 PM] Luke: really
[11:15:07 PM] Super High School Level Shut-in: lol sigged xD

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:46 pm
Legendary Ghost

Quote:
The game will be divided into two stages, the wave based assault stage, and the "roleplaying" stage. These are stages only in name, as there will never be any great announcement that one has ended and the other has begun. This is further assisted by the fact that you are only made aware of heroes in the base when someone spots them(which happens automatically when they're in the same room as the heroes). This means that you have to consider the two stages to be one, always be on your guard, and prepare for an attack from any location. While at first, the heroes will gladly throw themselves at the main entrance of the dungeon, later and further into the RP, they will discover new ways into the dungeon. This is dangerous if you are in the first room (AKA : the main entrance), and the heroes find a sewage pipe that leads into the second room. With nobody in their way, the heroes will be able to loot their way through the dungeon, only being discovered when they reach the boss.
Added some more information about the RP.

Suggestions, comments and good ole' criticism still welcomed.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Will potential entrances be included in a post when a player's monster enters a room, would they have to specifically search for them, or would they not be visible at all?

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:47 pm

And I suppose we aren't fit to wait in the boss room are we now?

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:18 am
Legendary Ghost

Thaiberium wrote:
You could, but then you wouldn't be able to stop the onslaught of heroes. Save points can be so annoying, huh?

Kyzak wrote:
Will potential entrances be included in a post when a player's monster enters a room, would they have to specifically search for them, or would they not be visible at all?
All three will be encountered, though at first I'll make them obvious, then you'd have to look around, and finally the entrance might not be there until the actual attack. (dwarves tunneling into your dungeon, as an example)

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:52 am

Hakker wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:
You could, but then you wouldn't be able to stop the onslaught of heroes. Save points can be so annoying, huh?

Geologically, what kind of RPG are we talking here?

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:52 pm
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next