The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:57 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: The Game
As the tests concluded, Adi gathered his group together and addressed them all.

"That concludes today's meeting. I would like juniors Rickheight, Gram and St. Augustine to submit a written report attempting to explain why such effects happened during the test by next week's meeting, nothing fancy, a paragraph or two is fine and done in a group so I don't waste too much of your time. What I'm trying to do is to get you thinking more than just the most obvious applications of your powers. You three can considered yourselves dismissed," Adi addressed the juniors before turning back to his sparring partners, "We should really spar like that again some time. In any case I shall report back to senior Pearson."

Giving the three a smart wave, he moved towards the aforementioned senior who seemed to be talking with junior Veres whilst junior Krol had started sparring with the newcomer he was supposed to look after. Not only that, but they were actually inflicting harm upon each other. Senior Pearson must have really been occupied if she didn't see Krol's broken finger. Getting in between them he stood with his hands out.

"Junior Krol stand down," he ordered and then turned to the new girl, "And you, what did senior Pearson say about not breaking bones?"

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus looked at the boy in between them. He seemed friendly. But he was to close to Dot she tought. She studied him before looking back at August. She gave him a kind of snooty growl "I'm sorry."she said to august. To reply to the other boy's question She looked and pointed at Dot's burned leg. " He hurt my Dot, he had to pay." she said simply." Do you know how to heal her?" She asked. She walked over to Dot and picked tiger up carefully. so she won't touch it's burn. She carried it over to the boy,who she was most likely trusting to much, " Please?" she said relying on her fragile, oblivious blonde (according to brikmaninoff) attitude.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:21 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
“You're sorry?”, asked August, incredulously. "You're sorry? I don't need your sympathy. Next time, finish what you start. Otherwise you're just wasting my time."

Adi's presence prevented him from doing anything rash, for he was in no state to challenge his physically superior elder. Instead, he contented himself with leaning over as menacingly as the senior would permit and said through gritted teeth; "And last time I checked, when one person is in a position to gouge another’s heart out, you don’t call that a draw. Consider yourself lucky."

August dispelled his weapon and headed back to pick up his lighter. As he walked he called in Lotus' direction; "Listen to your friend, blondie. Don't play with fire. I won't be so nice next time."

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:43 pm

"First off i'm not blonde and second. Mess with the tiger you get the teeth." She replied in a snooty fashion.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:41 am

Currently Playing: The Game
The two were throwing words at each other now that they could not physically hurt each other. Adi didn't care who started it but a real fight now would be annoying to coverup. The new girl had presented her arguments, hoping to appeal in some way to him. Not that it mattered as he didn't know her Arte let alone her name. These two were going to be a real headache.

"Enough," Adi stated forcefully, "You, new girl, talk to senior Alice Pearson about your familiar, she'll be able to sort it out, and tell her I'll have some stern words for her later too. Junior Krol, come with me to the infirmary unless you want to walk around with a broken finger and I will not judge you if you do."

He waited for Krol's response and would act accordingly.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:03 am

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian had found this entire situation amusing. Two kids were mindlessly beating each other until it became a verbal battle as someone else walked into the room. Damian would have considered stepping in and ending this idiotic fight but he didn't need to. The boy that walked in appeared to be a senior and both the fighters could no nothing now. Unfortunately of course, the action was over so Damian was bored. With any luck they would have him fight something else, perhaps one of the students. Well, Damian was liking this club already even though he still couldn't believe most of what he'd seen, especially the fact that he could cast lightning. He stayed on his seat waiting for something else to happen.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:25 am

Lotus's arms were tired from holding the tiger so she set her down gently. They slowly walked over to alice. "I'm was told to talk to you and that one boy would talk to you later." She stated pointing at the senior boy.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:44 pm
Site Admin

Evelyn's eyes widened at the result of their makeshift weapon. She hadn't thought that anything would've happened once the weapons clashed, but for it to chip, that was something monumental. What had they done? As Adi spoke to him she listened attentively, it was true, there were more practical applications for all of their abilities, even her wisps which she had figured were simply for blasting ghosts or providing light.

"Well, seeing as you two are supposed to be the smart ones, I'll let you handle report." she said with a smile and a wave as she hovered over towards the stairs back to the club room.

"I'm sorry Miss St. Augustine, but you'll need to stay with the others until all their assessments are done. I was given assignments to hand out to the class" spoke up Ms. Shields as she walked down the long flight of stairs.

Evelyn nodded submissively with a smile on her face. Finally they were going to be granted a bit of action once more. Sitting around in the s**** had grown quite dull.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Waifu: I'm married
OOC: i guess we have to end this now then

One of the chains rocketed straight into Phora's face, or maybe it was Phora who flew into the chain. Regardless the force of the blow flipped her over in midair. Nursing her sore jaw she gave Tsubaki a frightened look. A huge red mark in the shape of a chain link covered the side of her face. "Forget it!" She said through quivering lips. "I don't want to do this anymore!" With that she vanished in her usual manner, a puff of dust.

Maximilian's answer was a bit disturbing. With the same eerily deadpan tone that one might use in telling a campfire horror story, he described various horrific ways to kill someone with water. Still, it was easy to see the point of what he was saying.
"Science isn't a bad way to describe it," Alice replied. "We even called the Alchimia disciples 'mad scientists'... And trust me, I pay plenty to use my abilities." She sighed and continued. "It's very tiring to maintain a Familiar. Phora, in particular, is difficult to control. Not only do I 'pay' in energy but she likes to cause me trouble too. It's a bit like having a mischievous, bloodthirsty child."

As she finished speaking Lotus laid her familiar on the ground and spoke. "I was told to talk to you and that one boy would talk to you later."

Alice would probably never get used to her speech patterns. "Please excuse me," She said to Maximilian politely before addressing the girl. Her attitude seemed to do a complete 180. "Great, I'm looking forward to an awesome lecture from Adi. How the hell did you carry that thing over here? It looks six times your weight. Anyway, whenever your familiar gets hurt you just make it go away for a bit and it'll be good as new. Just will it to disappear I guess. More importantly, don't try to murder a club member ever again, understand?"

She didn't notice Ms. Shields until the secretary announced that she had assignments for them all. Alice greeted her warmly.
"Alright, everyone. Training's over. What do you have for us today Ms. Shields?"

Daniel perked up upon hearing this. Assignments? That must mean they were going to hunt ghosts. During the training he managed to observe the club without being noticed, but now he had the opportunity to see them work in the field. He knew already that this group wasn't what he was looking for, yet the boy nonetheless needed to understand how their abilities worked. Those spellslingers seemed to work with ghosts, and if these kids hunted spirits then naturally they would be enemies of the mages. Which meant if Daniel was planning to practice witchcraft, he too would be a potential target. Silently he eyed this new authority figure and waited for directions.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:33 pm
YIM WWW

Lotus looked at Dot " I don't know how i picked her up. And how do i make her vanish?" She asked being new to the whole familar thing." And i'll won't kill anyone as long as they don't hurt dot." She said returning to her agressive state.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:55 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
August weighed the humiliation of having to go to the nurse’s office against the pain he would endure were he to leave his finger as it was. Certainly, retaliation against the white-haired girl would be easier with a healed hand. That alone was worth the temporary knock to his pride. He tried moving the digit again to make sure that medical attention really was required and gasped at the pain. Scooping up his lighter with his good hand, he brushed himself off and walked back to Adi, resigned. “Fine,” he said, sullenly. “Let’s get this over with.”

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
If Adi had never made to the group write a report about what just happened, Johnathan probably wouldn't have thought about it. But what about his sigils? What other hidden meanings do they have? They seemed to be pretty straight forward. And he just provided the base for the test. However, since Evelyn handed over the report to him, he felt that would help understand better than doing a part. Nonetheless, it would be easy, so it wouldn't be much of a problem for him.

Apparently, something else happened, but Johnathan missed it. Oh, how he hated it when he missed drama. Frowning, he got ready to start the report and get it over with, when they were about to be handed another assignment. His frown faded and he took a seat, waiting for the instructions.

Last edited by Infinity on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:32 am

One of Tsubaki's chains whapped Phora straight in the face, knocking the fairy dramatically to the ground. After a terrified look and a few words she poofed away. Tsubaki's second mental note for the day was to apologize to Phora.

It appeared that something important was happening else were in the room, and Alice was too involved in that to have even noticed the victory. Tsubaki dismissed her chains, wiped the sweat off her forehead, and shook herself out. With a deep breath Tsubaki walked nearer towards the unfolding event, purposely leaving Gregory and Fiona to whatever awkward moment they might be having. She stopped by the edge of the group just close enough to hear, and would move with the group if it started to move.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:50 am
Site Admin

"Ah, it's nothing much" replied Ms. Shields in her normal calm demeanour "Doctor Dawn had me deliver these few missions that she's been alerted of as of late. I suppose she'll want you Alice to organize how you feel them best completed. She does want us to also keep an eye on Ms. Tasha Sullivan in the Sanctuary, and if possible try again to get information from her, though we mustn't disturb her too greatly." She looked up at the students and nearly gasped, a few of them looked battle worn, if not injured "Gregory, could you please take care of these injuries before the students return to class?" That being said Ms. Shields placed two folders onto a table in front of the group and walked back up stairs:

Folder 1 wrote:
There has been unusual disturbances occurring on Timor Way at night in the scrapyard. Reports from individuals passing by the area as well as the late night watch has stated that machinery within the scrapyard has been operating without an operator activating them. There has been one report of injury as a result of these occurrences; security officer Vincent Turner was hospitalized when the giant magnet in the compound was activated while he made his rounds. Thankfully he escaped from the ensuing chaos and suffered minor injuries. I hypothesize that the scrapyard is inhabited by a spirit.

Tasks:
  • Interview Mr. Turner at the hospital
  • Investigate the scrapyard during the day - preferably bring someone with a strong spiritual sense to determine whether anything paranormal is occurring
  • Should findings of paranormal activity be confirmed, you may investigate the scrapyard at night be careful
  • You may choose to eradicate the ghost or have it go into the light

Folder 2 wrote:
Ms. Sharon Ignianus, the owner of the Mystorium, has alerted me that one of the items from her store has been stolen. In normal circumstances I would have Ms. Ignianus contact the police, however the particular item could possibly have significant supernatural powers and potentially be dangerous.

Tasks:
  • Interview Ms. Sharon Ignianus
  • Search the Mystorium for clues

Note: Be careful, as I have yet to meet Ms. Sharon Ignianus, I am not completely sure of her nature. I have been told that she spends a lot of her time with ghosts, and that she is a proficient practitioner of magic. Do not accept her offers of teaching you magic, and resist the lure of many of the artifacts in her shop, as many are magical in origin.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:47 am
Site Moderator

Gregory grabbed Fiona first. He had to spin around a bit so he could stop without the both of them stumbling from running at each other. His arte immeditetly activated, surrounding Fiona's arm at a much quicker pace than his demonstration eariler. They were done as Tsubaki attacked Phora, causing her to disappear (but without a couple complaints). He sighed with relief, although he felt somewhat sorry for Phora.

"Could you uh..." He looked down. Fiona was patting his arm, which was holding her. He quickly released her, and decided to follow Tsubaki. "Aren't you going to say anything!?" Fiona exclaimed. "For your first training exercise, you did well." He responded, and turned to her. He noticed a tint of red on her face, although he chalked that as exhaustion. He quickly turned as he heard Ms. Shield's orders, and went towards the injured.

Fiona looked at him as he passed, completely silent. "Weirdo." she said with a smile as she walked closer to Tsubaki.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:09 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 98  Next