The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:45 pm

[ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Waluigi 

Currently Playing: ssf2
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA? :luigi: :wario:

Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:26 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
interesting tech for his plant
setting it up while in the air gives allows him to strafe to the right or left, right?
using it while short-hopping and quickly landing allows him to still use the aerial version of down-b while still sliding along the ground, allowing for some pretty nice pressure to put on the opponent.
you can also kill it yourself with forward smash if you don't like the position or whatever

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:42 am

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
Gudako's Insanity wrote:
interesting tech for his plant
setting it up while in the air gives allows him to strafe to the right or left, right?
using it while short-hopping and quickly landing allows him to still use the aerial version of down-b while still sliding along the ground, allowing for some pretty nice pressure to put on the opponent.
you can also kill it yourself with forward smash if you don't like the position or whatever

That's rather interesting, i should take a break with Krystal's grenades and lab for more possible Waluigi techs/setups..
Also, Jab instantly removes the piranha plant too, which Refurin has mentioned a while ago.

By the way, the UpB hitbox is quite misleading - it's not that it has an insanely small hitbox, but rather because the hitboxes cannot multi-hit, meaning if you end hitting early with his UpB, the sweetspot won't happen even if the opponent is right on top of Waluigi.

Another way the hitbox is misleading is that..
its actually massive but reaches more behind him than around: show
Attachment:
a.png
a.png [ 191.84 KiB | Viewed 880 times ]
Attachment:
b.png
b.png [ 223.17 KiB | Viewed 880 times ]
Attachment:
c.png
c.png [ 158.97 KiB | Viewed 880 times ]
The best way to land the sweetspot is to go around the opponent during UpB and to be facing away from them (because the sweetspot reaches much more behind him than around)

quick edit:
Seems like that landing on the ground at the same time you start his BAir makes him do a tiny "teleport" or "pseudo waveland" of sorts, but he doesn't benefit much from it like Krystal

Second quick edit:
Piranha Plant can "pummel" by having Waluigi be the one grabbing the opponent, this is situational but gets more and more rewarding the more damage the opponent has taken, dealing up to almost or about 40% in one go
gifs i forgot to resize resolution again so i put it into a box: show

edit for the edit:
I just realized that this is literally wobbling

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:48 am

i kind of found out about the last one but wasn't able to post it thanks to me having to go around, so thanks for that gmc

it isn't exactly wobbling per se as it doesn't exactly lock the opponent into a forever stunned state (as seen in the first gif), although it does deal a lot of damage without sacrificing distance

*sniff*

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:45 am

If his dice touches the ground (or platform) before actually falling down, it'll just slide along the platform/arena for a moment, also it despawns instead of revealing a number after travelling a certain distance, which probably makes little to no difference
Image Image
This is much tougher to do on a ledge than on platforms since there are walls that will just make the dice bounce away if you aren't pixel perfect with the distance

...Why am i always going for these weird TAS-like strats? they're near impossible to do in online

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:28 am

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
Dude, it's amazing how fast you find all this stuff.

out of ideas here '-'

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:38 pm

thoughts about waluigi
definitely one of the most fun of the new characters, all of his moves are so seamless and smooth, they're all so satisfying to hit and at the same time they have that big "WA" energy.
his movements is one of the reasons why i like him here, potstrafing and his mobility in general allows for so many options, it's awesome.
he isn't broken, but he's really damn good, and definitely a top tier (that nair is literally bayonetta like dang, if you think about it waluigi is just a sexier bayonetta).

*sniff*

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:31 am

I’m finding it difficult to use his down tilt
The spike never hits for me

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:35 am

Zombie_Guy wrote:
I’m finding it difficult to use his down tilt
The spike never hits for me

it's better to use it while enemy is down, using it for edge guarding is pretty much a disrespect.

*sniff*

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:43 am

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Yeah it's better to go below and use the Uair. Awesome that Waluigi breaks the mold by having his UPWARD air be a meteor smash.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:45 am

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
SO basically i found an interesting way in how the developers did make him as an mainly cheater (like why is he "The Tricky Troublemaker"). Without anything else to add let's start.

Many people are pretty confused about the torpedo's misfire, we wrongly thought that the misfire is based on the RNG, then all of a sudden...
look at the thing: show
IT'S BASED ON THE TIMING YOU NEED TO DO, 0% RNG USED!!!!

Basically Waluigi's side B has six phases, the first four phases (just see the purple circles nigh him) travels a good distance, the final phase however covers less distance than the 4th and 3th phase, But the real misfire is at find the 5th phase whether you have fast hands to perform it easily, and then you can misfire for free, yes you need to perfect the timing to spam use it methodically and physically.

however: show
Maybe wah's misfire is weaker than Luigi's itself, however this new finding I have actually done means that you can actually look up new advance techniques and methods to perform new ways of implement him roughly but safely.

Actually I felt that research like: They're serious!!?

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:13 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
I’m probably going to do this for all of the characters, but I need to get my controversial opinions on Waluigi out now.

He sucks.

His movement and general slipperiness don’t really help a lot of his case, his weird cheaty hitboxes with things like up tilt randomly reversing DI is not particularly useful, he still unfortunately struggles hard in terms of disjoints and his slipperiness and generally non functional OoS options outside of Nair don’t really help. Approaching with him also isn’t really great, so generally your best strategy will be to play defensive with Plant and FH Dice to try and tack on chip damage with stun, bury or poison and just generally annoying your opponent into approaching into Plant and then trying to kill them with your normals. Unfortunately, this flat out just doesn’t work and almost any other zoner with a competent projectile game is going to be able to stuff this no problem.

This being on top of inheriting Luigi’s worst traits in the slipperiness and recovery, the complete lack of an ability to juggle in the air, and the serious amount of gimmick this characters moveset is built on, and you’ve got a character who really doesn’t work well in a lot of departments.

It’s kind of unfortunate really, but once again like I said with Rayman. This character will fall off hard once people begin to figure them out.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:08 am

What Do You Think Waluigi's Final Smash should Be?

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:49 am

Mains: Waluigi, :gameandwatch:,and :kirby:
secondarys : :metaknight:, :link: , :sandbag: , and :tails:
pockets: :yoshi: , :wario: , :samus: , :mario: , :luigi: , and :rayman:

Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:07 am

WaluigiLife wrote:
Mains: Waluigi, :gameandwatch:,and :kirby:
secondarys : :metaknight:, :link: , :sandbag: , and :tails:
pockets: :yoshi: , :wario: , :samus: , :mario: , :luigi: , and :rayman:

Please edit your posts instead of double-posting, especially if you were just going to add your mains/secondaries/etc, and even then - for the love of god use a signature instead to put your mains so you don't have to write it down in every post
To do so click on "User Control Panel" at the top of the page, then "Profile" and "Edit Signature"

Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:42 am
 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next