The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:17 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Custom Emote Board, IRL Section, New Users Rename, /mg/ 
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Several ideas. weeee

Custom Smiley Board
Something you said you liked in the old forum, but never implemented. Would it be possible to have each user get their own board, with only the ones they want, and even upload new ones?

If not, possibly a Smiley Pool of sorts, a separate link next to the regular emotes, where users can upload their own smileys and view / use other user's smileys, possibly even making "Favorited" smilies that would go onto your board.

Prolly not possible, but prolly the best idea in this section anyway..

IRL section
Pretty self explanatory. I wanna baaw about how my ex-gf's mom is having a natural childbirth at home with no one but her 21yo son & 15yo daughter to help..

Welcomes & Departures Rename
Rename New Users to Welcomes and Departures, because the attention whores everyone wants you to.

/mg/
The "Mature" spam section suggested a while back, but locked by BlueMage because he was losing an arguement. /mg/ is a hidden section where the rules do not apply, any of them, and only users who've proven to be lulzworthy enough in Spam and have a mental age of 18+ can see. The spam section will then become un-fagged unlocked to all users, like it was meant to be.

INB4 HAKKER

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Agree'd to Custom smiley board, and the part where the Spam section is unlocked to all users.
IRL is what blogs are for.

My sprite gallery.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Currently Playing: LOL
/mg/ sounds like the worst idea ever. No offense.

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:39 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
TerminX wrote:
Several ideas. weeee

Custom Smiley Board
Something you said you liked in the old forum, but never implemented. Would it be possible to have each user get their own board, with only the ones they want, and even upload new ones?

If not, possibly a Smiley Pool of sorts, a separate link next to the regular emotes, where users can upload their own smileys and view / use other user's smileys, possibly even making "Favorited" smilies that would go onto your board.

IRL section
Pretty self explanatory. I wanna baaw about how my ex-gf's mom is having a natural childbirth at home with no one but her 21yo son & 15yo daughter to help..

Rename New Users to Welcomes and Departures, because the attention whores everyone wants you to.

/mg/
The "Mature" spam section suggested a while back, but locked by BlueMage because he was losing an arguement. /mg/ is a hidden section where the rules do not apply, any of them, and only users who've proven to be lulzworthy enough in Spam and have a mental age of 18+ can see. The spam section will then become un-f#%$& unlocked to all users, like it was meant to be.

INB4 HAKKER

Custom smiley topic would be a better idea. IRL section would go in spam or other. Welcomes and Departures is a good idea for the rename. And I totally agree with /mg/ although the name is unoriginal and could screw us over further. Let's avoid that train-wreck, shall we?

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:10 pm

Is that custom smiley board like custom emoticons on MSN? If so then I say yes to it.

Children - Geno

Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:17 am

having IRL would be cool, and lol trying to make a /b/ for MG
I think we should stick with IRL, Welcome & Departure, and /mg/

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:18 am

Waifu: You!
Claus wrote:

*Gets out CP*

I support that idea.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:27 am

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
IRL section and /mg/ sound appealing.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:40 am

Currently Playing: The Game
TerminX wrote:
Several ideas. weeee

Custom Smiley Board

Think of the memory involved. This will not work for each and every individual members. That and think of the possible ways for it to be abused.

IRL section
Again, one thread will suffice. It'd be stickied to allow discussion of day to day affairs.

If you just made three thread for intros, departures and namechanges (we already have that) that could cut down on all the clutter in the new user intro section (whatever its called).

/mg/
The "Mature" spam section suggested a while back, but locked by BlueMage because he was losing an arguement. /mg/ is a hidden section where the rules do not apply, any of them, and only users who've proven to be lulzworthy enough in Spam and have a mental age of 18+ can see. The spam section will then become un-f#%$& unlocked to all users, like it was meant to be.
Would not work. At all. I do not need /b/ following me wherever I go.

INB4 HAKKER

INB4HAKKER indeed.

If you wish for me to elaborate on having one single thread for intros, departures and daily anecdotes, then please feel free to reply.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:02 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Aiden wrote:
Agree'd to Custom smiley board, and the part where the Spam section is unlocked to all users.
IRL is what blogs are for.

No one reads blogs; blogs are for attention whoring.
Speaking of which, read my blog

Nac wrote:
/mg/ sounds like the worst idea ever. No offense.

Then don't go there.

TSON wrote:
And I totally agree with /mg/ although the name is unoriginal and could screw us over further. Let's avoid that train-wreck, shall we?

Well, it's basically our own little piece of /b/..

And I really don't see how it could screw us over, bieng a private section and all.

CardCaptor Sakura wrote:
Is that custom smiley board like custom emoticons on MSN? If so then I say yes to it.

What's MSN, exactly? Can't answer your question till I know that..

butter cup wrote:
Claus wrote:

*Gets out CP*

I support that idea.

Uum Ahahaha

LEGAL laws still apply in /mg/

You can't even post Cp in /b/..

Thai wrote:
Think of the memory involved. This will not work for each and every individual members. That and think of the possible ways for it to be abused.

Okay, then how about the Smiley Pool option, maybe without favorites, and with a moderator approval system upon submitting?

Thai wrote:
Again, one thread will suffice. It'd be stickied to allow discussion of day to day affairs.

Possibly, but who would look there? An IRL section would just work better, I feel. A single topic would get cluttered quickly.

Thai wrote:
If you just made three thread for intros, departures and namechanges (we already have that) that could cut down on all the clutter in the new user intro section (whatever its called).

Again, making a single new user feel less important. And there IS no clutter in there, it's just noobs making topics.

Thai wrote:

lolthendon'tgothere

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:09 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
IRL section is for attentionwhores,

custom smilies would get spammed constantly,

Welcomes & Departures, sure why the hell not.

/mg/, not gonna happen.

Ever.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:31 am

Currently Playing: The Game
TerminX wrote:
Thai wrote:

Okay, then how about the Smiley Pool option, maybe without favorites, and with a moderator approval system upon submitting?

Troublesome. Would it be worth the effort?

TerminX wrote:
Thai wrote:

Possibly, but who would look there? An IRL section would just work better, I feel. A single topic would get cluttered quickly.

Works fine if its just one topic, cuts down on clutter. I mean, there's no need to police over 9000 threads about their goldfish dying.

TerminX wrote:
Thai wrote:

Again, making a single new user feel less important. And there IS no clutter in there, it's just noobs making topics.

The last thing you want is a newb with a feeling that he is special. Reality will be harsh to him. Wait, that's a good thing. Nevermind.

TerminX wrote:
Thai wrote:

lolthendon'tgothere

You're asking for MLG to have its own /b/. What the hell you smoking? I'd like some of it so that I can report you to the authorities.

Finally, your blog sucks :wee:

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:51 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
4chan and ED already hate us, let's just call it something original.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:21 am

Waifu: You!
Thaiberium wrote:
TerminX wrote:
Thai wrote:

Troublesome. Would it be worth the effort?

TerminX wrote:
Thai wrote:

Works fine if its just one topic, cuts down on clutter. I mean, there's no need to police over 9000 threads about their goldfish dying.

TerminX wrote:
Thai wrote:

The last thing you want is a newb with a feeling that he is special. Reality will be harsh to him. Wait, that's a good thing. Nevermind.

TerminX wrote:
Thai wrote:

lolthendon'tgothere

You're asking for MLG to have its own /b/. What the hell you smoking? I'd like some of it so that I can report you to the authorities.

Finally, your blog sucks :wee:

your mother sucks my big log (b-log)

Aw man, no /mg/ tsk *puts away CP*

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:21 am

Currently Playing: LOL
Hakker wrote:
IRL section is for attentionwhores,

custom smilies would get spammed constantly,

I believe (not sure or care if I'm wrong) that what people ask by "custom smilie" is a "quick bar" where you can store links to different images.
So, for example you can have a button for the "how about no?" image.

The way, by clicking that button, you'll get
Code:
 [img]super_long_link_to_the_how_about_no_image[/img

Quote:
/mg/, not gonna happen.

Ever.

Predictable answer was predecitable

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:55 am
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next