The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:33 pm

[ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next
Mario 
BR Member

Well im screwing around in training and I dont see what you mean by the traveling direction not being reflected, because right now it clearly is unless im missing something.

Height multiplier when tho

Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:51 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
I think Zalozis has gone crazy! It was bound to happen eventually...

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:49 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Mario players, please take notes on these matches of me vs Zalo's Mario
YouTube Video:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:55 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
tW|Sorabotics wrote:
Mario players, please take notes on these matches of me vs Zalo's Mario [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP6YgQiNlgs ]

Yeah...

Being on the ground and in range of Peach's nair is definitely how you play the Peach MU...

Honest I think Zalo has got a good idea of how you take on Peach. You just wait for her to do something stuipid,
then you combo the tar outta her. That's probably why he beats my Fox with Zelda so easily, I usually just run right into his fairs and bairs :P Anyway, I think these were good games. You guys continue to get better and better at this game while I get worse, so that's, good...

Sora, I think you should mix it up with Peach. Try using dair more when you're in the air, ya know, like Brawl Peach. Otherwise you get predictable and easy to beat with air based characters.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:54 pm
BR Member

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
tW|Sorabotics wrote:
Mario players, please take notes on these matches of me vs Zalo's Mario [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP6YgQiNlgs ]

Yeah...

Being on the ground and in range of Peach's nair is definitely how you play the Peach MU...

Honest I think Zalo has got a good idea of how you take on Peach. You just wait for her to do something stuipid,
then you combo the tar outta her. That's probably why he beats my Fox with Zelda so easily, I usually just run right into his fairs and bairs :P Anyway, I think these were good games. You guys continue to get better and better at this game while I get worse, so that's, good...

Sora, I think you should mix it up with Peach. Try using dair more when you're in the air, ya know, like Brawl Peach. Otherwise you get predictable and easy to beat with air based characters.

Well, yeah, he always beats my peach because we play a lot, so he knows exactly how I play. I have been using D-air more, but it was hard this time around, since Mario U-air is so good and outranges it. Plus I was a bit overwhelmed by the speed so sometimes I couldn't react.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:16 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I'm getting convinced now that Peach has somewhat of an advantage on Mario. Even against average Peach players, I've been having trouble winning the match-up. So against Sora, a very skilled player/Best Peach, it really was harder than it looked to find solutions.

- Float combined with Nair allow her to be mobility with a tool to block fireball pressure/zoning.
- Hit-boxes are ambiguously big compared to the look her animations. She overall has more range than Mario.
- Priority on aerials are higher than Mario's and she can challenge his own and win a majority of the time. Spacing is critical for Mario.

Approaching for him is risky against Peach. The saving grace in the match-up is Peach being floaty makes her easy to combo and kill early. But even that's a little tough with Mario's overall low hit-stun; she can Nair out between gaps most of the time.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:01 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Zalozis wrote:
I'm getting convinced now that Peach has somewhat of an advantage on Mario. Even against average Peach players, I've been having trouble winning the match-up. So against Sora, a very skilled player/Best Peach, it really was harder than it looked to find solutions.

- Float combined with Nair allow her to be mobility with a tool to block fireball pressure/zoning.
- Hit-boxes are ambiguously big compared to the look her animations. She overall has more range than Mario.
- Priority on aerials are higher than Mario's and she can challenge his own and win a majority of the time. Spacing is critical for Mario.

Approaching for him is risky against Peach. The saving grace in the match-up is Peach being floaty makes her easy to combo and kill early. But even that's a little tough with Mario's overall low hit-stun; she can Nair out between gaps most of the time.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. If it weren't for your patience, you would have lost badly. Peach has way more options in general terms, but what she doesn't have that Mario does, is mobility. This means you can practically weave in and out for hits without getting punished. Vs Peach is kinda a boring MU when playing as combo oriented characters, but that's how ya win I suppose...

P.S. I woulda loved to see moar Cape from Mario.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:10 am

MGN Username: sparty88
I never play Peaches, but I imagine the MU being in Mario's favor as long as he understands the spacing. He has a range of mobility combined with an ability to wait until the very last second to use an aerial that should give him an advantage, plus he has the advantage on ground in terms of approaching. I think it really comes down to how much work the Mario puts in. He's always had to work hard for everything in every smash game, and this one isn't much different in that regard.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:27 am
BR Member

Zalozis wrote:

This is very true, but I will say it was very hard to break out of your combos compared to other MUs. But I also haven't played that many good Marios, so maybe I wasn't combo DI'ing fully.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:42 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
So... Am I the last one to notice that Getup Attacks second part pushes enemies in front of Mario? Is that move so DI dependent, or did I just miss things?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:44 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
I do see your points about Mario. I'm getting better with him, but I need to be more patient while also needing to work on my spacing.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:54 pm

Currently Playing: Melee, PM, SSF2
I used to think Mario was much worse in this demo. I quickly took that opinion back. While his combos and dash attack aren't as braindead, his damage output and kill power are much better. Killing was hard last demo but Mario can kill you as low as 80 with downsmash. Also upsmash is such a good anti air. Also down b is actually useful now. He got a slight recovery nerf and buff. Distance wise it's nerfed but he can actually change his up b angle which is a buff plus the sweetspot is bigger. His combo game is still better than most character despite the nerf to it. Also his range is slightly better. Overall I think he's slightly or moderately better.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:03 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TheViceversa96 wrote:
I used to think Mario was much worse in this demo. I quickly took that opinion back. While his combos and dash attack aren't as braindead, his damage output and kill power are much better. Killing was hard last demo but Mario can kill you as low as 80 with downsmash. Also upsmash is such a good anti air. Also down b is actually useful now. He got a slight recovery nerf and buff. Distance wise it's nerfed but he can actually change his up b angle which is a buff plus the sweetspot is bigger. His combo game is still better than most character despite the nerf to it. Also his range is slightly better. Overall I think he's slightly or moderately better.

What are you talking about?

Mario had great killing power last demo and it got buffed this demo.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:32 am

Currently Playing: Melee, PM, SSF2
ZERO_OR wrote:
TheViceversa96 wrote:

What are you talking about?

Mario had great killing power last demo and it got buffed this demo.

Let me rephrase. He had a major problem landing them. Up smash was too weak at times, Fsmash's sweetspot was a pain to land, and down smash has too much start up. Only kill move that was easy to land was the doc hit of fair from down throw.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:28 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Dsmash is really fast for a kill move, usmash is decent at killing and is great for catching landings out of an initial dash, and fsmash has a generously-sized sweetspot.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:06 pm
 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next