The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:05 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
Peach 

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
honestly friends, peaches NAir is single handedly the only thing that makes her viable.

Dat combo breaker....dat kill potential....dat combo potential.....dat range......dat low start lag......dat minimal cooldown after hitbox termination.... dat GC.

literally if you take her nair away..despite the properties behind all of peaches moves, recovery, and mechanics she would NOT be viable.

It's cool if you wanna act like you're mixing it up, but there is basically nothing that makes peach good ...besides NAir.

now with that established mixing up approaches wouldn't be too shabby, but at the back of your mind you must realize that NAir is peaches saving grace. lol shiiiiiiiiiit try to beat a lvl 9 fox W/O using Nair once... I bet you can't do it.. let alone a human being. lol

Actually CPUs can't DI Peach's downsmash, and usually take 23-40 damage per grinder.(although it got nerfed this demo and grinder spits them out prematurely.) Also Toad can semi-spike firefox if they're both in the air. Which will always kill btw.(60%+)

Seriously we never give Toad enough credit! He's one of Peach's biggest buffs compared to the console smashes. He gives enough vertical height to count as a third jump, with good air speed, counter, and super armor. One of Peach's best edgeguard options. He's also cute asf.

Let's hear it for Toad!!

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:17 am
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
lol shiiiiiiiiiit try to beat a lvl 9 fox W/O using Nair once... I bet you can't do it.. let alone a human being. lol

Challenge Accepted :nod:

lets goooooo! lol

I'm not a Peach main, but I couldn't resist the challenge :3
After countless attempts where as soon as I naired I quit out and tried again, I finally did it! The hardest part wasn't killing or comboing w/o nair, it was the fact that I'm so used to using it with Peach it was practically instinct to use it. Consciously telling myself to always hold a direction when I press the attack button midair >:O
Gimping Fox offstage is only hard if you can't hit him out of firefox lol, sometimes the hitbox for Peach's bair hits through and sometimes you get burned :(
YouTube Video:

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:48 am

Starkiller2 wrote:
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
lol shiiiiiiiiiit try to beat a lvl 9 fox W/O using Nair once... I bet you can't do it.. let alone a human being. lol

Challenge Accepted :nod:

lets goooooo! lol

After countless attempts where as soon as I naired I quit out and tried again, I finally did it! The hardest part wasn't killing or comboing w/o nair, it was the fact that I'm so used to using it with Peach it was practically instinct to use it. Consciously telling myself to always hold a direction when I press the attack button midair >:O
Gimping Fox offstage is only hard if you can't hit him out of firefox lol, sometimes the hitbox for Peach's bair hits through and sometimes you get burned :(
YouTube Video:

Use Toad to gimp Fox! :wee:

Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:08 am
YIM

MGN Username: Nstinct
Currently Playing: Smash Bros. 4 3DS, Super Smash Flash 2
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
try to beat a lvl 9 fox W/O using Nair once... I bet you can't do it.. let alone a human being. lol

Probably the easiest challenge yet. :smug:

YouTube Video:

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:18 am

Nstinct wrote:
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
try to beat a lvl 9 fox W/O using Nair once... I bet you can't do it.. let alone a human being. lol

YouTube Video:

Should rename that to Beating Lv9 Fox with just upB :P. Nairless vs a human fox wouldn't be THAT bad since you always have the chain grab with up-throw. Then you'll have to rely on fthrow, u-air, f-air, u-smash or even f-smash to kill.

EDIT:

Starkiller2 wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pr4uW3O3g ]

Video is private!

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:23 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
kana wrote:
Nstinct wrote:
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:

YouTube Video:

Should rename that to Beating Lv9 Fox with just upB :P. Nairless vs a human fox wouldn't be THAT bad since you always have the chain grab with up-throw. Then you'll have to rely on fthrow, u-air, f-air, u-smash or even f-smash to kill.

EDIT:

Starkiller2 wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pr4uW3O3g ]

Video is private!

Whoops, I meant to click unlisted lol

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:26 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Haven't had much time to play, but here's my completion of the challenge. As a full blown Peach main, it was really hard not to use Nair. But Peach mains could learn from this vid, Peach has many combos, especially against fast fallers or large characters.
YouTube Video:

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:33 pm

Sorabotics wrote:
Haven't had much time to play, but here's my completion of the challenge. As a full blown Peach main, it was really hard not to use Nair. But Peach mains could learn from this vid, Peach has many combos, especially against fast fallers or large characters.[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNCzdx5qzeQ ]

That was perfect Peach play, awesome music too.

Also do you use a controller? I can't use DAir in float on keyboard. :cry:

Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:37 pm
YIM
BR Member

Shine! wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
Haven't had much time to play, but here's my completion of the challenge. As a full blown Peach main, it was really hard not to use Nair. But Peach mains could learn from this vid, Peach has many combos, especially against fast fallers or large characters.[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNCzdx5qzeQ ]

Thanks!

Nope, I use a keyboard. You need a separate jump key to do it. I use the spacebar as my secondary jump for float canceling. Just hold your second jump key and Down, hold the jump key, and Dair

Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Sorabotics wrote:
Shine! wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:

Nope, I use a keyboard. You need a separate jump key to do it. I use the spacebar as my secondary jump for float canceling. Just hold your second jump key and Down, hold the jump key, and Dair

Ooooo smart, I'll definitely try that! Thanks!

Last edited by Shine-chan on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:01 pm
YIM

Also you can do it by mapping a key to c stick down, which is a good thing to have mapped anyway as a keyboard user.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:13 pm

Somewhat on topic, does anyone know of a fast way of doing autofloat n-air? I use jump + down to autofloat, but I have to release down before I can use n-air, making it slower than using a b-air or d-air.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:36 pm
BR Member

kana wrote:
Somewhat on topic, does anyone know of a fast way of doing autofloat n-air? I use jump + down to autofloat, but I have to release down before I can use n-air, making it slower than using a b-air or d-air.

That's the fastest way button press wise to do it, you just gotta be quick.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:57 pm

So like people have been expecting a Peach resprite right? So I was looking through the dev blog and found this pic. I know it's public and not new, I was just wondering what it was. :colonthree: Image

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:46 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Nstinct
Currently Playing: Smash Bros. 4 3DS, Super Smash Flash 2
That peach looks much better! The sprite needs a little work (more "Peachy" hair, taller, and slightly bigger dress) but the sprite generally blends with the game much better.

Nice find Shine! :)

Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:37 am
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next