The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:34 pm

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
One Piece: New World (Arc) 

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
I'm on this One Piece hype rn.

lol so I was caught up the last time I posted here, about 16 months ago. A week ago I decided it was time to get back into it. (I do this so I can marathon One Piece instead of having to wait weekly.

And damn it's better than ever. This Dressrosa arc is so incredible.

Luffy is leading an army of famous pirates. Can anyone deny that he has the potential to be king of the pirates?

They finally showed Sabo again. I wasn't taken away by this or anything, because I was absolutely certain that he was still alive. They never showed his body, and not only that, but his introduction would have been completely pointless if they just killed him off in the same flashback they introduced him in.

And now he's the No. 2 of the Revolutionary Army! His leader is Luffys father. So cooool.

And now he has Ace's devil fruit power. It turned out perfectly, he's the only character who i'm okay with having it.

Anyway the plot(s) for this arc are so well written, all of them. The King Riku story was so tragic. (it totally reminded me of a game of thrones rebellion lol). Doflamingo controlled the king to make him slaughter his people, waited until they had experienced enough suffering, before he 'saved them' from their terrible king.... it's so damn sad, and he's so incredibly evil.

Usopp is a god now...so there's that. This is actually the first arc where I don't totally dislike him. When he ran back to help the Tontatta's. (even though he ran away in the first place so he hasn't won me over yet).

Anyway so I caught up again in just a week -,-. I totally escaped into One Piece.

Now i'm upset that I have to wait weekly again lol.

I'm sticking with the anime so i'm not gonna start the manga. so no spoilers :o!

Lastly, the new opening is one of my favorites by far. It get's me fired up!

YouTube Video:

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Wed May 06, 2015 9:48 am
YIM WWW

Waifu: You!
Doflamingo is one of the most absurdly written One Piece characters

He has all the connections in the world but all his plans get foiled and his subordinates suck.

He's super confident in his Executives but they're all weak as f*** except for maybe Stonejew and the Oldman

He says he won't underestimate Luffy then he proceeds to do exactly that

Bird cage and Parasite are country level, or at least a giant island sized abilities, yet he's getting BTFO by good old fashioned punches
Everyone else he owns besides Sugar is utter trash

Also, you should read the manga. The anime has a ridiculously large amount of filler

Thu May 07, 2015 1:31 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
THoT wrote:
Doflamingo is one of the most absurdly written One Piece characters

He has all the connections in the world but all his plans get foiled and his subordinates suck.

He's super confident in his Executives but they're all weak as f#%$& except for maybe Stonejew and the Oldman

He says he won't underestimate Luffy then he proceeds to do exactly that

Bird cage and Parasite are country level, or at least a giant island sized abilities, yet he's getting BTFO by good old fashioned punches
Everyone else he owns besides Sugar is utter trash

Also, you should read the manga. The anime has a ridiculously large amount of filler

I just enjoy anime more. The filler can't be as bad as Naruto lol.

I haven't seen Luffy actually fight him yet, so dunno about any of that

But like, his plans getting foiled was unavoidable and out of his control. Sugar f*** up by getting knocked out herself, she didn't know what the 'grape' really was, she assumed it was poison. It was so circumstantial, and was hers and Trebol's error not Doflamingo's.

And once that happened, things were pretty much out of his control. He now has everyone that turned into toys under Sugar's ability wanting to kill him. And of course there were already like 10 other things going on. The previous King being alive, now everyone knows Doflamingo was behind his act of violence. The tontatta army, people trying to destroy the factory..etc.

But i'm just enjoying the ride atm, the fight has barely started so I can't judge much yet.

I really do love Doflamingo as a villain though.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Thu May 07, 2015 4:17 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3