The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:59 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165  Next
Super Mario Bros. 

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
So, some news: Nintendo made a boner a couple days back and accidentally gave pre-release copies of Paper Mario Color Splash to anyone who preordered through the eShop. So if anyone is interested in seeing the game played to completion, here are some videos you can see. Don't worry, no thumbnail spoilers. Not that it matters, since all the videos here load in spoiler buttons.
YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

My final verdict? I like the game, but I don't like the precedent it sets. They did a great job with the limitations they gave themselves, but that's just the thing: there shouldn't have been those limitations to begin with. The art style is a 10/10, and the jokes are genuinely good at times, but that's not enough to make up for how badly they dumbed down the combat and world building.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
It's still a step up from Sticker Star. I might give this a chance.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:11 pm

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
A new Super Mario game is on the way for Nintendo Switch. Triple Jump is coming back and Mario's cap wiggles whenever he moves, nice details!
YouTube Video:

Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:59 am

Welp, it sems we're finally getting a more open exploration game instead of the 3D Land/3D World formula.
Also, it's that a Dia de Los Muertos themed level? It looks great.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:57 pm

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
YouTube Video:

What's going on here? no love for Super Mario Odyssey? it's the most gorgeous Mario platformer I've ever seen!

Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:57 am

I CAN'T HOLD MUCH LONGER
BUT I WILL NEVER LET GO
OPEN YOUR HEART
AND YOU WILL SEE
The similarities to Sonic Adventure DX are too much to overlook... but I love SADX so I'm definitely buying this.
The realistic people in that city could have been handled much better, though, maybe make them in the same artstyle as the rest of the human characters or the Mario Golf OCs.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:58 am

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
i swear this looks great but if "mario in the real world" means the npc's will recognize him as a video game character ill be pissed, f*** 3rd wall breaking being major plot devices in anything

Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
How does anyone know when to cross the street when all the traffic lights are question blocks

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:51 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Crow wrote:
i swear this looks great but if "mario in the real world" means the npc's will recognize him as a video game character ill be pissed, f*** 3rd wall breaking being major plot devices in anything
I'm not sure if what you're describing would be a major plot point, I'm pretty sure it's just npcs in a level

In fact I don't even know what the 3rd wall is

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:08 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Term wrote:
Crow wrote:
I'm not sure if what you're describing would be a major plot point, I'm pretty sure it's just npcs in a level

Also Mario isn't in the real world, the level he explores is called 'New Donk City' and appears to be the city where the construction site of the original Donkey Kong arcade game took place. So there is room for them to project Mario-esque things and aesthetic onto an urban area.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:24 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Term wrote:
Crow wrote:

I mean I don't really trust Yahoo Answers but it sorta makes sense.
Though most searches come up with stuff like "it's the wall behind you on stage" and stuff like that.
And then there's some s*** about a 5th wall which I really don't wanna get into.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:01 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
I'm pretty confident Jorge made all that s*** up

I was making fun of him for hitting the wrong number

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:25 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Dammit Jorge why you do this

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:32 am

Steven wrote:
Term wrote:
Crow wrote:

Also Mario isn't in the real world, the level he explores is called 'New Donk City' and appears to be the city where the construction site of the original Donkey Kong arcade game took place. So there is room for them to project Mario-esque things and aesthetic onto an urban area.

Donkey Kong coming in and being the real final boss would be the best swerve ever

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:00 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
the leader of the bunch wrote:
Steven wrote:
Term wrote:
Crow wrote:

Donkey Kong coming in and being the real final boss would be the best swerve ever

Yeah actually

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:16 am
 [ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165  Next