The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:16 pm

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
American Idol 

I think everyone knows what it is. Currently in Season 10. Feel free to discuss...

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:05 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Utter s***.

Don't even know why Steven Tyler is wasting his time on that crap.

I'll be honest that it was even worse with Ellen. No f*** constructive criticism, just "I thought it was okay" for every single thing. Who the f*** decided to have a comedian with no musical talent on a singing show?

But in reality, it's a karaoke contest where they sing good songs, only to get a contract to make commercial pop that pretty much is the dregs of commercial pop. The contract is s*** too. They pretty much have to make terrible music if they get even close to winning.
For example, Chris Daughtry was asked to join Fuel (his favorite band, if I recall), but he couldn't because of his contract.
That sucks because Fuel certainly makes better songs than those he's done under the Idol contract.

Most of the people on the show aren't too amazing either, but there are some good singers.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Fuel is actually a pretty kickass band and I hope to never see it destroyed by an American Idle contestant.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:46 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
I enjoyed it before, but only because of Simon. Now I have no reason to watch it at all.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:08 am

The audience have no f*** idea what vocal talent really is in the damn show.

Think you can beat me in Marvel vs. Capcom 3? We'll see about that. My PSN is ThatAwesomeMe. So get ready to get your a** whooped.

b****

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:33 pm

I think is Idol is so bad, Aus doesn't even have an Aus version anymore

Children - Geno

Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:59 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Haters gonna hate.

If a few of you actually, you know, attempted to watch the show, you'd realize it isn't all pop. If you just ignore how big of a f** Randy Jackson is, you'll realize that the music is actually somewhat diverse, and a lot of them actually have great talent. There's a soulful black guy, who sings very well. A punk styled man, who sings more rock. A hardcore country singer, etcetera, etcetera. If any of you gave the show a chance, you'd realize that, while it isn't the best show on earth, it is still quite an enjoyable show.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:07 am

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Ramsey wrote:
Haters gonna hate.

If a few of you actually, you know, attempted to watch the show, you'd realize it isn't all pop. If you just ignore how big of a f** Randy Jackson is, you'll realize that the music is actually somewhat diverse, and a lot of them actually have great talent. There's a soulful black guy, who sings very well. A punk styled man, who sings more rock. A hardcore country singer, etcetera, etcetera. If any of you gave the show a chance, you'd realize that, while it isn't the best show on earth, it is still quite an enjoyable show.

I've watched several full seasons over the years.

I never said I hated how they sang, or what they sang. I said that they sing good songs and then make s*** pop after they get their contract.
I didn't say they all sucked, but as someone who has been in/around choir most of his life, I can tell what good singing is. Most are not amazing, but I said there were good singers.

My issue is it's a huge f*** joke 10 seasons in. Without Simon, there is less super constructive criticism. I'm sorry, but I can't stand J-Lo, and as much as I love Steven, he's too partial.

Also if you notice, genre trends have always been around in the show. It's like they doctor everything so they'd have someone of each singing type...

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Ramsey wrote:
Haters gonna hate.

To be honest, it's pretty much just pop with different instruments

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 pm
YIM WWW

Whimzer wrote:
My issue is it's a huge f*** joke 10 seasons in. Without Simon, there is less super constructive criticism. I'm sorry, but I can't stand J-Lo, and as much as I love Steven, he's too partial.

Yeah but Randy is more of an asshole-of-a-Simon this time around. But he only says if the contestant is pitchy or something.

Think you can beat me in Marvel vs. Capcom 3? We'll see about that. My PSN is ThatAwesomeMe. So get ready to get your a** whooped.

b****

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:52 pm

I've been watching every season since Season 6. Without Simon, it's sucks, really. Jennifer just says nice things, like Paula, and Steven...

Carrie Underwood emereged from Idol, so have others who are somewhat known, like Adam Lambert.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:18 pm

The contestants this year aren't bad, but the judges are crap. Without Simon, the show will die wthen a few years. Season 9 showed that theres no other place but down for Idol.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Yeah, but there are a lot of viewers. However, it would have been better if Simon stayed.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:47 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Iron Mamf wrote:
Whimzer wrote:

Yeah but Randy is more of an asshole-of-a-Simon this time around. But he only says if the contestant is pitchy or something.

It was kinda pitchy, I dunno man I wasn't quite feeling it.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:30 am

MGN Username: Pach
Blitzamirin wrote:
I've been watching every season since Season 6. Without Simon, it's sucks, really. Jennifer just says nice things, like Paula, and Steven...

Carrie Underwood emereged from Idol, so have others who are somewhat known, like Adam Lambert.

Yeah, getting rid of Simon was pretty much the worst mistake the show ever made.

How will the show go on now that the judges suck. I mean, yeah Simon could be mean at times, but at least he gave helpful, constructive critisizm and actually tried to help instead of just saying "Oh yeah, you're pretty good" and just leaving it at that.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 pm
 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next