The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 pm

[ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 38  Next
Fox 

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
[TSON] wrote:
wario can chomp chaingrab you if you're bein dumb so be careful

Yeah, I found dat out da hard way my boi.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:18 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
This has probably been discussed earlier in the thread, but I'm new to Fox and haven't been following. Can you sweetspot the ledge moving down and towards the stage with his upB? Recovering in general with Fox is tough using a keyboard because you only have one angle.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:25 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
sparty88 wrote:
This has probably been discussed earlier in the thread, but I'm new to Fox and haven't been following. Can you sweetspot the ledge moving down and towards the stage with his upB? Recovering in general with Fox is tough using a keyboard because you only have one angle.

You have to aim well, but yes the Firefox grabs the ledge from above. Careful not to aim to low/too high, and dot hold down the down key or you won't grab the ledge.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Yeah, you have to stay away from Wario and hop in when he makes a mistake. From there you have to stay on him. The fatman can be juggled with Fox but it is very hard to get that opening if the Wario is spacing well. I'm pretty much maining both characters now and I would honestly admit the best way to play Wario as Fox is to ......not play as fox lol. I don't think it is a 50-50, more like 70-30 even when both players are at their best. If you were to play 10 matches straight, Fox may be able to take the first couple...but I think it is easier for Wario to adjust against Fox than it is vice versa. However, if you are good with multiple characters, take a couple matches then switch to pikachu, link, or whoever...the power of diversity will overwhelm your opponent :bump:.

MGID:slaypes
Clan: Fort Albert

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:00 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: JayVoltage
Currently Playing: Rivals of Aether, Super Smasn Flash 2, Fate/Grand Order
Does Shine have invincibility on the first frame like Melee?
Cos i'm pretty sure it does and just wanted to make sure.

Mains: :link: :falco: :sonic:
Most recent video of some of my favourite online moments. Check it out! :]

YouTube Video:

Newly acquired Servant: Minamoto no Yorimitsu NEW!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:19 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
JayVoltage wrote:
Does Shine have invincibility on the first frame like Melee?
Cos i'm pretty sure it does and just wanted to make sure.

No. Converting FPS from 30 to 60, SSF2 Fox's shine is active frame 1-2 and can be JC on frame 3.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
We don't always follow Smash 1 to 1. It's active frame 1 and can be JC'd frame 2.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:34 am

MGN Username: sparty88
Starkiller2 wrote:
sparty88 wrote:

You have to aim well, but yes the Firefox grabs the ledge from above. Careful not to aim to low/too high, and dot hold down the down key or you won't grab the ledge.

Do you mean "position yourself" well? You have one angle with WASD.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:59 am
SSF2 Developer

sparty88 wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
sparty88 wrote:

Do you mean "position yourself" well? You have one angle with WASD.

Well I guess technically (semantics lol), but I say that initial position is a part of aiming.
You can also do straight down, and Firefox horizontal seems to land cancel on platforms and the like.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:27 pm

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

A couple of matches i decided to upload lol

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:54 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
SoldierSunday wrote:

The lack of Sheik dash attacks makes my head sad.

Fantastic Fox as always, I think you should work on mixing up your approach sometime....but hey. With the enviroment the way it is now, I doubt there will be a time where nair with Fox doesn't work.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Please rate my Fox, only actually started about 2 days ago. Never used him in any of the other Smash games
https://www.mediafire.com/?b11xrwb2u3g1lcs

Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:00 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I'll give my two cents stock by stock:

First stock:
Don't do standing lasers, because they limit your movement. SH double lasers are better at keeping you mobile. You tried for a hard fsmash read off of down-throw: there's really no reason to go for that much commitment. For example, SH dair would have still gotten you good damage on connect, and you might have still gotten a chance to react to roll behind. You did a jump-behind bair that was telegraphed: a human might have done roll -> Missile or something like that. You got grabbed out of a standing laser, which illustrates the point about staying mobile with SH double lasers. You seem to really like dsmash. Usmash is an amazing kill move and would probably have killed when you decided to dsmash. As you learned the hard way in the final blow to your stock, jabbing is not safe.

In the second stock, you utilted at the start when usmash might have worked. You barely use usmash at all besides it being one of the best kill moves in the game: try to incorporate it more. In general, don't reflect projectiles at close range: it leaves you open to attack if the CPU had noticed you crouching and tried to FH dair you or something. Jabbing is once again unsafe. After a nice bair kill and another dsmash, the CPU missed a dthrow tech. Shine covers both tech in place and no tech for the penalty of just a couple of frames, so you should have shined -> usmash or something. Instead of charging a dsmash, a semi-charged usmash would probably have killed. In general, dsmash has niche use against fast-fallers or near the edge, so in the middle of the stage against floaties it's probably better to usmash. Also note that a good human would have DI'd your killing down-smash down and teched it, which I think was doable there (it may only be doable from that situation on a FF'er). You finally hit with an upsmash to end the game.

In general, you killed fairly late every stock. Use uair, bair, and usmash more as kill moves. After Samus gets to around 100%, you should go into kill mode, where your main goal is to land a finishing blow. Don't use moves like fsmash and dsmash as much, because they take a while and are punishable. SH your lasers. Also, you should in general SH aerials more: you get good combos and combos into kill moves. For example, try dair -> shine -> usmash or weak nair -> usmash. All in all, you did some things well and you also have plenty to improve on, just like everyone else (including me, obviously). Hope you gain a lot from the rant I just made!

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:28 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Thanks for the tips

I prefer Dsmash because it has a great reach, comes out quicker, and covers both sides.
Short hopping can be very difficult for me to perform so I don't rely on it and instead lean to using Full hop-Fast Fall to emulate.
For the Uair neglect, I tried staying off it because I don't like abusing the CPU stupidity.
As for Usmash, I've been playing Falcon recently, so muscle memory D:.

EDIT: I found my human friend, so we did some fighting. Thoughts now?
Oh, and some tips for the Samus would also be nice. I'm not the only one who seeks approval :p

https://www.mediafire.com/?83c5sota4uw3uuf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3op6 ... us2.ssfrec
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8m789 ... ERD.ssfrec

Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:49 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Is it possible to give Fox his PM down throw, so you can UpSmash immeadiently after the throw? Or is that too OP?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:30 am
 [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 38  Next